• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INFP

His essays seem to all be about the joys of solitude.
He was an ardent supporter of black slave liberation in the bad ol' days in America, and for equal women's rights. An NF would be more likely to have been a pioneer in this field 150 years ago. He also wrote poetry extensively...

Okay he could poss be a J, I don't know, but I get real INFP vibes of this guy...

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
I read some of his essays. His point of view mostly matches that of an INFP.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
why is he listed as enfp? whitman is an enfp. my guess for emerson was infj or infp. essay writers enfps are not.

he is focused on clarifying discussion, charting-the-course, and synthesizing a diverse array of inputs. i don't know his work that well, but after reading about transcendentalism and learning about how he relates to whitman, he definitely does NOT seem much like the enfp 4w3 whitman at all. his writing and letters seem more on the sly Ni than outrageously big Ne to me.

plus, he'd probably be the first enfp ever in the history of enfps who liked kant. talk about restrictive. infjs are much more likely to get into intj philosophers and then bend them until they are more fun, holistic, etc. the te structure does wonders for us, since we have immense difficulty separating our Ni perception/percepts/ideas.

the transcendentalist focus on INTUITION seems like a revelation which is more Ni than Ne. Ne is more like a vision of the future than a clearing away. Ne is extrapolative and Ni is interpolative.

this might be a terrible essay, just so you know.