• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Famous living NTs

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...I figure an INTJ will have no qualms exceeding the budget the STJ executives set for the movie, since the INTJ will be positive that the movie will do well if only the INTJ's vision is manifested unhampered. :D And yes, Jennifer, this would be where you mention Titanic. ;))

:whistling: Oh, I have NO idea what you're talking about. (And Terminator 2. And...?)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lucas doesn't speak much in that interview, does he?

(I don't want to go by other people's descriptions of him, but: "George came from sort of a middle-class background and he felt it was irresponsible to go over budget. And he's always felt like that. So he doesn't. And he cuts corners although it's killing him. And he'll finish on time and he'll find cheaper ways to do things." <-- Does this sound like an INTJ? :huh: I figure an INTJ will have no qualms exceeding the budget the STJ executives set for the movie, since the INTJ will be positive that the movie will do well if only the INTJ's vision is manifested unhampered. :D And yes, Jennifer, this would be where you mention Titanic. ;))

Um, I think it is the P that will have no qualms of going over-budget, regardless of S/N preference (remember that SPs are considered wasteful), and that is partly why I think James Cameron is an ENTP. I think even the NJ will be more likely to stay within set limits.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
(I don't want to go by other people's descriptions of him, but: "George came from sort of a middle-class background and he felt it was irresponsible to go over budget. And he's always felt like that. So he doesn't. And he cuts corners although it's killing him. And he'll finish on time and he'll find cheaper ways to do things." <-- Does this sound like an INTJ? :huh: I figure an INTJ will have no qualms exceeding the budget the STJ executives set for the movie, since the INTJ will be positive that the movie will do well if only the INTJ's vision is manifested unhampered. :D And yes, Jennifer, this would be where you mention Titanic. ;))

Well, what are the options for the type of Lucas? I think it confirms Lucas as a J. I am absolutely certain Lucas is N. He is such a visionary. Lucas is a lot of things, and he seem to have so many ideas and goals. One of them seem to be to push the envelop of cost-efficiency, as a means to greater creative freedom (pretty NTJ, his relationship to special effects are basically the same). Also Lucas finances his own moves, a great motivator for cost-efficiency. How Lucas has thrived for independency from the studios his whole life is also very NT.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also think it is the budgetary limits that can allow the Intuitive mindset to thrive even more. Believe me, I can be very creative when limits are set. And in the end, it could be quite fun.

Oh, and let's not forget that Lucas made three Star Wars movies in between 1977 and 1983. He also masterminded the character of Indiana Jones. The fact that he isn't good at writing probably means he doesn't like detail work.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Uberfuhrer and Splittet, y'all aren't addressing my suggestion that an INTJ director won't feel a "responsibility" to honor the budget since the budget is arbitrarily and conservatively set by someone who does not have the INTJ's certainty that the movie will exceed expectations.

But, like I said, I don't want to go on what other people say about GL. In this case, they could be wrong about a sense of duty being his motivation for willingly making compromises. He could, for instance, be motivated by the challenge of improving cost-efficiency, like Splittet suggests, though the idea doesn't really resonate with me (I'd personally concentrate on perfecting the movie and let the STJ execs suck it up until the box office proved me right).

Got any more interview links (where Lucas talks more)? :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I also think it is the budgetary limits that can allow the Intuitive mindset to thrive even more. Believe me, I can be very creative when limits are set. And in the end, it could be quite fun.

No, and here is why:

• P as a function takes the limitations existing around them and creates the best possible product within the limitations.
  • J as a function already has an answer determined, and tries to change reality to accommodate the answer.
This is why P's are flexible and wonderful at maximizing the benefits of a situation and tend not to waste their energy, they "go around the problem" and accept reality more at face value. And this is why J types often have problems with accepting reality and keep trying to push their vision... and sometimes even succeed, changing reality.

Oh, and let's not forget that Lucas made three Star Wars movies in between 1977 and 1983. He also masterminded the character of Indiana Jones. The fact that he isn't good at writing probably means he doesn't like detail work.

Possibly. Which is why I said NF as one possibility, along with SP.

But visual-spatially he IS good at detail work. The original star wars movies and the special effects used were quite arduous for the time. he developed that whole process himself.

If he was an NF, based on the actual ways I have watched him answer interview questions, I would say INFP, with a developed Te function. INFPs in the grip of Te get really locked into that sort of methodical process, and in this case it would have benefited him. I have just seen a disconnect with INFP between "What something is supposed to mean" and "How something was actually implemented." Again, NT (or FJ) seems much naturally better at connecting "what was intended" and "what was actually conveyed."

I also have a sneaking suspicion that the Luke Skywalker character is essentially Lucas' "alter ego" within the story (the character he resonated with originally). It's certainly the obvious "dramatic arc" of the first three movies made, the story basically is about Luke and his maturation as a man and Jedi Knight and how this contributes to the overthrow of the Empire.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always seen Lucas, and the Star Wars movies, as very NF.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I've always seen Lucas, and the Star Wars movies, as very NF.
I'd consider that. Against it, though, is Lucas' penchant for trying to turn the Star Wars universe into a cinematic sourcebook; assuming that limited budgets and unrealized storyboards left audiences for want, rather than using their own imaginations. My youthful infatuation with the movies ended when I saw the Wampa in lighting better suited for a hair salon.

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
I am reading this interview with Lucas: George Lucas Interview -- Academy of Achievement

It becomes quite evident he is IN. It has made me more in uncertain about the two last letters though. I don't think he has a strong preference for either T, F, J or P, at least. This quote was pretty NT though: "I would like to see our society mature, and become more rational and more knowledge-based, less emotion-based. I'd like to see education play a larger role in our daily lives, have people come to a larger understanding -- a "bigger picture" understanding -- of how we fit into the world, and how we fit into the universe."

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
What say you all to Bill Gates as an ENTJ?

Good suggestions for the missing slots in the OP are also veeery welcome. :)

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If Lucas is an INTJ, he has the shittiest inner critic of any INTJ on the planet.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If Lucas is an INTJ, he has the shittiest inner critic of any INTJ on the planet.

Thank you saying in one sentence what I have been trying to say post after post without much success.

It really just comes down to that.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

An INTJ is not necessarily a good inner critic -- that award would probably go to INTP. And since Star Wars is a fantasy, I would hardly think this "inner criticism" matters much.

NT for George is quite clear -- he is known for masterminding technological innovations and for changing the film industry through the use of technology. He's the kind of person who dictates what he wants to other people, which is very INTJ-ish.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NT for George is quite clear -- he is known for masterminding technological innovations and for changing the film industry through the use of technology. He's the kind of person who dictates what he wants to other people, which is very INTJ-ish.

INFPs in the technical fields are just as capable of this. One of my good INFP friends had worked in voice technology fields for years as a PM, and just moved into organizational management. He also was the man in charge of handling all AV, computer, and electronics equipment throughout the growth of our church and even the construction of the new building -- he's very astute with technology.

So you can't simply equate technology = NT. The Ne + Te combination present in INFPs (for example), if developed, allows them to have both the aptitude and interest in such things... both the technology AND the project management skills.

I think demeanor with others (in varied environments) will play a large role in finally determining Lucas' type.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Agree with Jennifer. My Pop's one of the biggest nerds you'll ever meet and he's an ENFP if ever there was one.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
NT politicians

Hillary Clinton: ENTJ
Dick Cheney: INTJ
Barack Obama: ENTP
Al Gore: INTJ
Margret Thatcher: ENTJ
Tony Blair: ENTJ

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Bill Gates MBTI : ENTJ. I did not know he was able to dance until I watched this video. His is ENTJ balance. When balanced, he is like an ESFP, who dances.
He seem not to hold any traditionalist view about schooling. He made his big decision to leave university to build microsoft.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Bill is just naive INTP. He is 5w4 for sure. He told that his greatest fear is his brain stop worked which is fear of stop of be omniscience (5). He is also victim of manipulations people above him. Case close.

Elon Musk ENTP :)