• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Atypical

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sam is probably an ISTJ
The mom is an SJ
Sister is ISTP?
Dad is ESFx
Shrink lady might be an NF
Hornball pervert coworker guy is an ExTP

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has anyone watched it yet? Thoughts on types of the characters?

I like portrayals of autism in film and TV, some of Sam's sensory issues with bright lights, inability to filter out noise in crowded/loud areas, etc are relatable. I could also relate to some of Josh Hartnett's experiences in the film Mozart and the Whale.

I don't think I had it as bad growing up as Sam though. He says he knows when he's being laughed at/made fun of, he just doesn't know why. In my case, I usually know why, I just don't give a fuck.

I also find the sister character somewhat relatable.

It's been suggested autism and aspergers might be inherited; the mom sometimes come across as having a few mild traits in the show.