• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stephen Fry

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTP

(I know he's hidden in another thread as an ENFJ, but clearly, he deserves his own thread and clearly, he's a rational)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
He is SO not a P. If he's a P, I'll eat my own P-ness... *puerile sniggers*

Nah I don't see a kindred spirit in that one. I admire him, his work is awesome, he's brainy and witty and dead cool and one of my favourite celebrities, but he's no ENTP. At least, not if I am.

I support the ENFJ idea, personally. The only rational I'd put him even vaguely close to would be ENTJ, since he's no introvert and no P. But that doesn't seem right either.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
For a second I thought you were referring to Philip J. Frye who is clearly neither an ENFJ nor an ENTP. I don't know who this one is though a quick Google tells me he's associated with Hugh Laurie who is great. I've been meaning to rent some Jeeves & Wooster.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
He and Hugh Laurie are longterm best pals. They've done comedy on British TV since the 70's. Hugh's a totally different kinda guy though... I might actually hazard that *he* could be ENTP... though possibly more likely ENFP. I recognize the vagaries of rampant Ne in Hugh, but not Stephen at all.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For a second I thought you were referring to Philip J. Frye who is clearly neither an ENFJ nor an ENTP. I don't know who this one is though a quick Google tells me he's associated with Hugh Laurie who is great. I've been meaning to rent some Jeeves & Wooster.

The man is a polymath, a writer, playwright, director, actor, comedian, presenter and all-round national treasure. He's also completely :crazy:

if you rent Jeeves and Wooster, your opinion of Mr Laurie is likely to depreciate appreciably. Rent Blackadder and you will learn that we Brits still rule the waves!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I watched Blackadder years ago, back when Comedy Central was aptly named. Wonderful stuff.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got the impression that in real life, Laurie is actually an I. Also, I think Fry is an F, too.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He is SO not a P. If he's a P, I'll eat my own P-ness... *puerile sniggers*
Didn't you do that already? Or am I getting mixed up? ;)
Nah I don't see a kindred spirit in that one. I admire him, his work is awesome, he's brainy and witty and dead cool and one of my favourite celebrities, but he's no ENTP. At least, not if I am.
ahem.
I support the ENFJ idea, personally. The only rational I'd put him even vaguely close to would be ENTJ, since he's no introvert and no P. But that doesn't seem right either.

This is how we make British ENTPs, exactly like this. Look and learn!

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Come on, he's an ENFJ, he's such a soppy git he couldn't possible be an ENTP. Also he has bipolar disorder, which I'm sure Fs are more suscepitable to...

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Come on, he's an ENFJ, he's such a soppy git he couldn't possible be an ENTP. Also he has bipolar disorder, which I'm sure Fs are more suscepitable to...

soppy gitness is a defining characteristic of ENTPs - I used to own one until I got fed up cleaning it up.

you have a point with the crazies, but still ENTP, to the last.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
soppy gitness is a defining characteristic of ENTPs - I used to own one until I got fed up cleaning it up.

you have a point with the crazies, but still ENTP, to the last.

You only think he's a T because he's clever. Ts don't have a monopoly on smarts you know!

Also, if you watch his programme QI, you will see that if his logical arguments do not persuade, then he resorts to F on all occasions...

Plus, his comedy writing and acting is not T at all... It's very F.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You only think he's a T because he's clever. Ts don't have a monopoly on smarts you know
*tactfully avoids sore point*
Also, if you watch his programme QI, you will see that if his logical arguments do not persuade, then he resorts to F on all occasions...

Plus, his comedy writing and acting is not T at all... It's very F.

he resorts to F 'cos it's funnier that way.

if i was him, i'd resort to F at every opportunity.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If you check your thread, the ENFJ theory is thus far pwing ENTP...

ENFJ wins the thread!