• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Clive Owen

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Can't believe dear old Clive hasn't been typed! I'm tempted to say a jaded ENFP. Failing that, an ISFP. :)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yeah, low to moderate certainty, INTJ for Clive.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, low to moderate certainty, INTJ for Clive.

I don't really see the J at all. He has a playful nature. The J typing is simply a jaded P sense of humour I think (it might be a British thing).

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Could be ISFP, he seems really laidback, I had got the impression from his roles that he was quite an intense guy but not so in this interview.

When he was talking about his career, he talked about it in a kind of flowing, adaptable way, wouldn't a INTJ have more of a strategic approach to his career perhaps?

Quote from a Bio:

"It's whether you're nurturing or protecting an image, that's the key," he asserted to Chris Jones in an interview for Esquire. "And I'm not. I'll deliberately mess it up.… I'm just a working actor. I always want my options to be open. I always want to do something different."

Doesn't sound very J to me.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I don't really see the J at all. He has a playful nature. The J typing is simply a jaded P sense of humour I think (it might be a British thing).
To argue only against that specific point, I've known Js with a very playful nature. Eventually they are compelled to "get back to work."

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
ISTP or maybe INTP, with most of the characters he plays being ISTP

this is actually a pretty easy one, im surprised nobody has said this!

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm drawing a blank. If money were on the line I'd roll the dice with INTJ.

Video reference: YouTube - Clive Owen talks about Close My Eyes

He definitely comes off as INTx in that interview. He has that aloof demeanor that is often exhibited by introverted NTs - his eyes wander around the room instead of looking at the camera or the interviewer, and his posture is constantly shifting - he is not stiff and proper as and SJ ordinarily would be (even under an informal interview such as this one), and neither is he fully laid back and relaxed, like an SP would be. And there is no Feeler vibe about him at all.

I am also leaning more toward INTJ because his voice is filled with intonation, as opposed to an INTP who tends to be more monotone.

Last edited:

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I absolutley agree with INTJ I am a fan of his... (Shameful I know) and I definately get the INTJ vibe from him.. plus he looks like an INTJ a bit...