• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scarface

R

Riva

I would need that you quote me just one precise scene where Manny express an exuberant behavior.

He even has a criminal record. which is like a no no never to any ISFJ.
And he doesn't listen to Tonny as an ISFJ would.
The ISFJs i know listen to their friend who usually takes action like a Cuban would to Fidel Castro.

And ISFJs tend to always listen and put their action taking friend to the leadership shoes.
Although Manny tags along with Tonny it is more of a hey what's there to lose attitude.

And the example you asked for.

Do you remember where Manny finds a client (can't remember whether a client or business partner) to Tonny. And tonny who was in the bath tub says No to his suggession.
He (Manny) gets so pissed off (Se) he dashes out (Se) after saying something like I don't need you.
That is like totally ESFP.

VagrantFarce

I would need that you quote me just one precise scene where Manny express an exuberant behavior.

He sticks his tongue out at some girl thinking that will get him laid. He flirts with every girl that comes within talking distance, and is constantly strutting his stuff throughout the whole film. I think he's an ESFP who's simply along for the ride. And all this talk about him being a faithful friend seems to ignore what gets him killed in the end.

R

Riva

He sticks his tongue out at some girl thinking that will get him laid. He flirts with every girl that comes within talking distance, and is constantly strutting his stuff throughout the whole film. I think he's an ESFP who's simply along for the ride. And all this talk about him being a faithful friend seems to ignore what gets him killed in the end.

these particular scenes reminds me how socially awkward tony is.
he is like the exact opposite of manny but extraverted.

He does have Se for sure (aggression, the self promoting) but does not seem to have any social training. Doesn't know how to talk to a girl?

And his aim is to get rich, so that you can have power and that converts to women.

Sounds like a ENTJ now doesn't he?

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
i still think that manny is IxFJ

the only scene that doesn't really support this is the tongue scene, that seems a bit out of character. He DOESN'T flirt with tony's sister, it's the other way around(i watched it yesterday)

and when he finally tells Tony to go fuck himself (bathtub scene) it's simply because he have had enough at that point

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I disagree. He was a schemer, and his rise to the top was planned right from the beginning.

QFT, Tony was ENTJ - keep in mind the auxiliary Se.

Please don't tell me that Tony Montana is an N. I take that as an insult.

I think ESTJ is accurate. Personally I couldn't stand the character; to me it's sad that some people actually idolize him. I trust that you aren't any of those people though.

Why is he an S? Because you don't like him?

R

Riva

i still think that manny is IxFJ

the only scene that doesn't really support this is the tongue scene, that seems a bit out of character. He DOESN'T flirt with tony's sister, it's the other way around(i watched it yesterday)

and when he finally tells Tony to go fuck himself (bathtub scene) it's simply because he have had enough at that point

Gosh how much proof do you need?

VagrantFarce;863767[B said:
]He sticks his tongue out at some girl thinking that will get him laid. He flirts with every girl that comes within talking distance, and is constantly strutting his stuff throughout the whole film[/B]. I think he's an ESFP who's simply along for the ride. And all this talk about him being a faithful friend seems to ignore what gets him killed in the end.

Enough?

There is only 1 type that flirts more than me and my type and they are ESFPs.

Manny is a ESFP by all means.

ok then tell me why you think he is not a ESFP??

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Gosh how much proof do you need?

Enough?

There is only 1 type that flirts more than me and my type and they are ESFPs.

Manny is a ESFP by all means.

ok then tell me why you think he is not a ESFP??

so you use another poster's words as proof??

i don't need to tell YOU why i think he is IxFJ, in fact another poster agrees with me so i can't be totally off

R

Riva

i don't need to tell YOU why i think he is IxFJ, in fact another poster agrees with me so i can't be totally off

well that makes sense. good for you.

R

Riva

But i should point out the fact that he ran away when he was proven wrong.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I agree with you. But I don't understand why you think he could be N. He's absolutely unimaginative. Manny is a typical ISFJ, he does'nt need sense in his life, but just a car, an insitution, a man, to serve like a slave. And I'm sorry, but he flirts a little, but not so much, and in a very basical way. The tongue scene is just the execution of a learned routine because he's not enough imagination to invent himself more accurates ways of flirt. Tony, an ESTP, at the contrary, is very entreuprenant, cocky, funny and playfull when hitting on Elvira.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I agree with you. But I don't understand why you think he could be N. He's absolutely unimaginative. Manny is a typical ISFJ, he does'nt need sense in his life, but just a car, an insitution, a man, to serve like a slave. And I'm sorry, but he flirts a little, but not so much, and in a very basical way. The tongue scene is just the execution of a learned routine because he's not enough imagination to invent himself more accurates ways of flirt. Tony, an ESTP, at the contrary, is very entreuprenant, cocky, funny and playfull when hitting on Elvira.

i totally agree, and as you said the tongue scene doesn't come natural to him at all, it's a learned routine

as for the N thing, that was just because i wasn't sure, but ISFJ is surely the most likely i would think

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Oh yeah Tony is definitely an ESTP. Narcissistic Sociopath= extreme ESTP

Manny seems like an SP, but Im not sure about him being E. ISFP

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP could be a good match too. But he's defenitely a behind-the-scene character.

R

Riva

I agree with you. But I don't understand why you think he could be N. He's absolutely unimaginative. Manny is a typical ISFJ, he does'nt need sense in his life, but just a car, an insitution, a man, to serve like a slave. And I'm sorry, but he flirts a little, but not so much, and in a very basical way. The tongue scene is just the execution of a learned routine because he's not enough imagination to invent himself more accurates ways of flirt.

Se

The tongue technique must have worked a couple of times (that is why he keeps on using it. he knows that it does not always work but it works sometimes and he is okay with that). Therefor he uses it again and again (Se).

i totally agree, and as you said the tongue scene doesn't come natural to him at all, it's a learned routine

Se

Se = stick to the big guns / Stick to what works.

ISFP could be a good match too. But he's definitely a behind-the-scene character.

:shock:
lolz.
A jump from ISFJ to ISFP. Do you know how different they are? ISFPs and ISFJs have no function in common.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
He's too care free to be an ISFJ from what I remember.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Se

The tongue technique must have worked a couple of times (that is why he keeps on using it. he knows that it does not always work but it works sometimes and he is okay with that). Therefor he uses it again and again (Se).

Se

Se = stick to the big guns / Stick to what works.

Learned routine= Si

:shock:
lolz.
A jump from ISFJ to ISFP. Do you know how different they are? ISFPs and ISFJs have no function in common.

The Si+Fe process can looks like the Fi+Se process, ISFJ can have good Se ande Fi and ISFP have good Si and Fe, and some others have not. The chore guess is that Manny is a Behind-the-Scenes sensor and has Not
a getting things done interaction style. Manny is a pure follower, he does'nt secuces Gina, it's Gina who hit on him and embezzle him like a startled female virgin haha. Manny does'nt take any risk by the way, and often try to moderate the Tony's risky and utilitarian behaviors. For example, at the begining, when Tony argue vigorously with the gangsters to get better payed and more risky jobs, Manny try to say him his fool and that it's too risky. I clearly see a C3-PO/R2-D2/ISFJ/ESTP pattern in that.