User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: Scarface

  1. #21
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I would need that you quote me just one precise scene where Manny express an exuberant behavior.
    He even has a criminal record. which is like a no no never to any ISFJ.
    And he doesn't listen to Tonny as an ISFJ would.
    The ISFJs i know listen to their friend who usually takes action like a Cuban would to Fidel Castro.

    And ISFJs tend to always listen and put their action taking friend to the leadership shoes.
    Although Manny tags along with Tonny it is more of a hey what's there to lose attitude.

    And the example you asked for.

    Do you remember where Manny finds a client (can't remember whether a client or business partner) to Tonny. And tonny who was in the bath tub says No to his suggession.
    He (Manny) gets so pissed off (Se) he dashes out (Se) after saying something like I don't need you.
    That is like totally ESFP.

  2. #22
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I would need that you quote me just one precise scene where Manny express an exuberant behavior.
    He sticks his tongue out at some girl thinking that will get him laid. He flirts with every girl that comes within talking distance, and is constantly strutting his stuff throughout the whole film. I think he's an ESFP who's simply along for the ride. And all this talk about him being a faithful friend seems to ignore what gets him killed in the end.

  3. #23
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    He sticks his tongue out at some girl thinking that will get him laid. He flirts with every girl that comes within talking distance, and is constantly strutting his stuff throughout the whole film. I think he's an ESFP who's simply along for the ride. And all this talk about him being a faithful friend seems to ignore what gets him killed in the end.
    these particular scenes reminds me how socially awkward tony is.
    he is like the exact opposite of manny but extraverted.

    He does have Se for sure (aggression, the self promoting) but does not seem to have any social training. Doesn't know how to talk to a girl?

    And his aim is to get rich, so that you can have power and that converts to women.

    Sounds like a ENTJ now doesn't he?

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    473

    Default

    i still think that manny is IxFJ

    the only scene that doesn't really support this is the tongue scene, that seems a bit out of character. He DOESN'T flirt with tony's sister, it's the other way around(i watched it yesterday)

    and when he finally tells Tony to go fuck himself (bathtub scene) it's simply because he have had enough at that point

  5. #25
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I disagree. He was a schemer, and his rise to the top was planned right from the beginning.
    QFT, Tony was ENTJ - keep in mind the auxiliary Se.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sture View Post
    Please don't tell me that Tony Montana is an N. I take that as an insult.

    I think ESTJ is accurate. Personally I couldn't stand the character; to me it's sad that some people actually idolize him. I trust that you aren't any of those people though.
    Why is he an S? Because you don't like him?

  6. #26
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Requeim View Post
    i still think that manny is IxFJ

    the only scene that doesn't really support this is the tongue scene, that seems a bit out of character. He DOESN'T flirt with tony's sister, it's the other way around(i watched it yesterday)

    and when he finally tells Tony to go fuck himself (bathtub scene) it's simply because he have had enough at that point
    Gosh how much proof do you need?

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce;863767[B
    ]He sticks his tongue out at some girl thinking that will get him laid. He flirts with every girl that comes within talking distance, and is constantly strutting his stuff throughout the whole film[/B]. I think he's an ESFP who's simply along for the ride. And all this talk about him being a faithful friend seems to ignore what gets him killed in the end.
    Enough?

    There is only 1 type that flirts more than me and my type and they are ESFPs.

    Manny is a ESFP by all means.

    ok then tell me why you think he is not a ESFP??

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Gosh how much proof do you need?



    Enough?

    There is only 1 type that flirts more than me and my type and they are ESFPs.

    Manny is a ESFP by all means.

    ok then tell me why you think he is not a ESFP??
    so you use another poster's words as proof??

    i don't need to tell YOU why i think he is IxFJ, in fact another poster agrees with me so i can't be totally off

  8. #28
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Requeim View Post
    so you use another poster's words as proof??

    i don't need to tell YOU why i think he is IxFJ, in fact another poster agrees with me so i can't be totally off
    well that makes sense. good for you.

  9. #29
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    But i should point out the fact that he ran away when he was proven wrong.

  10. #30
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Requeim View Post
    so you use another poster's words as proof??

    i don't need to tell YOU why i think he is IxFJ, in fact another poster agrees with me so i can't be totally off
    I agree with you. But I don't understand why you think he could be N. He's absolutely unimaginative. Manny is a typical ISFJ, he does'nt need sense in his life, but just a car, an insitution, a man, to serve like a slave. And I'm sorry, but he flirts a little, but not so much, and in a very basical way. The tongue scene is just the execution of a learned routine because he's not enough imagination to invent himself more accurates ways of flirt. Tony, an ESTP, at the contrary, is very entreuprenant, cocky, funny and playfull when hitting on Elvira.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO