• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gwen Stefani

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can also see where Gwen may appear to be ESFP too, but all the ESFPs I personally know IRL tend to be bobble-head catty gossip queens.. Gwen doesn't seem to be that way. Again, I'm stereotyping based on personal experiences..there are exceptions to the rule.

From observation, NPs tend to be a bit creative and unique in their own ways in which highly value their own individuality.. they tend to not be followers. Gwen doesn't seem like a follower. ESFPs I know IRL tend to be pretty conforming.

The ESFP's you know are not all ESFP's. My best friend is neither a drama queen nor is she a conformist. They do like to please the group in which they belong, but that doesn't make them conformist. She's wildly creative - I envy her ability to decorate.

I also think Gwen is married to an ISTJ. He's creative too, so I guess I'll be hearing the N arguments for how we're the only ones who can do anything creative or unique.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yeah, my best friend is ESFP too (though a guy), and totally rad like that.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
where I'm more into the idea of expressing my internal self to the outside world
You don't think Gwen puts some thought into expressing her internal self via appearance?

Here're the two covers Gwen had for her Sweet Escape album:

Image:GrandOldPartyJillGreenberg.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Image:Gwen TheSweetEscape.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's what she had to say about the first one:
"I didn't think 'child abuse' -- I just thought, 'That's beautiful.' Every kid cries. Other people reacted like, 'Oh my God. That's so disturbing,' or 'That's so sad.' I guess that's what art's all about. It's supposed to make you think."

Here's what she said about the second one:
"My initial inspiration for the artwork was seeing Jill Greenberg’s End Times exhibit. I fell in love with the beautifully lit, emotional images. The photos looked hyper real and perfectly perfect even though the emotions were slightly disturbing. The shots with sunglasses on the cover represent our guarded exterior while the interior shots show the real emotions we all have inside. "

If you look at Gwen's music videos, you'll notice that whatever she wears in each one usually has A LOT of significance to the overall mood of the song (mainly in the more angsty ones). If you look at her style before and after she married Gavin, you'll notice a difference. I've noticed Gwen changing styles through different phases of her life, and I also notice that she seems to have sunglasses on whenever she expects the paparazzi are around. In the quote above this, she talks about what sunglasses usually mean to her, and she definitely keeps a guarded exterior around paparazzi.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You do realize that Se is the dominant function for ESFPs. They're very good at looking how they want to look.

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, my best friend is ESFP too (though a guy), and totally rad like that.

She was a bartender for several years, and she always knew when someone was talking a bunch of garbage - it was crazy to see her call someone out for trying to sell a fur lined bathtub, because half of the time, I wasn't even aware someone was trying to be sneaky.

Is you ESFP a righteous dude to the max? :D

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"expressing... internal self... to the outside world"

ESFP's don't lack meaning. I'm sure she thinks through what she's going to say, and why she's going to say it. Intuitives don't hold a monopoly on that. My ESFP gives me many reasons for why she chooses to do or say things, and she finds meaning in things just like I do sometimes. The difference is that she's completely grounded, and my head is always divided between heaven and earth.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
The ESFP's you know are not all ESFP's.
We know the same people?? Kewl..

Yes, there are different variants of all kinds of people. That's why I mention:
..Again, I'm stereotyping based on personal experiences..there are exceptions to the rule.

She's wildly creative - I envy her ability to decorate.
A person may have an ability to decorate- doesn't mean they're creative. But, you're entitled to your opinion.

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A person may have an ability to decorate- doesn't mean they're creative. But, you're entitled to your opinion.

The fact that she can create a room out of a decorating magazine from nothing but items from a dollar store is what I would call creativity. You clearly just don't like ESFP's.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
ESFP's don't lack meaning. I'm sure she thinks through what she's going to say, and why she's going to say it. Intuitives don't hold a monopoly on that. My ESFP gives me many reasons for why she chooses to do or say things, and she finds meaning in things just like I do sometimes. The difference is that she's completely grounded, and my head is always divided between heaven and earth.
Lol, I don't remember saying "ESFP's lack meaning." It's pretty easy to just take what I say and try and simplify it to me making those kinds of extreme statements, but it's a lot more complicated than that.

I was just using your words. A lot of the the things you've been saying about ENFP's describe Gwen perfectly. Gwen never goes for the "Pow!" effect with her fashion style- whatever she's wearing always seems to be reflecting her current state and mood, especially in her music videos. She isn't exactly 'grounded' all the time, either. Looking at her, I notice that she seems to have that faraway, N-look in her eyes half the time whenever I see her. And, even though N's don't hold a monopoly on finding the meaning behind things, there's a level of depth that gives them away.

ESFP's don't like theory and abstraction in general, they're more detail-oriented and practical. Gwen isn't like that at all. If you ask her for the details, such as her work-out routine, she won't vividly describe the details the way an ESFP would. She'll say "Uh, I don't know, I do sit-ups!" She's way too metaphorical and big-picture oriented with the way she talks to be an S.

And no, I'm not saying that any of that's a good or bad thing, in case you're going to take any of what I'm saying to insuate that I dislike or having anything against ESFP's. I'm not denying that they're awesome people, I'm just saying that there's no way in hell that Gwen is anything like one of them :cheese:

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think that Gwen is any kind of S. I have however, yielded to her being a P. ENFP. Final offer.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You're just saying that coz some dumb website said ENFP.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
"Fergie" is the cheap ESFP bootleg imitation of Stefani.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Gwen Stefani now is a cheap bootleg of Gwen Stefani from 1996.