• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gwen Stefani

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Where's her Fe vs. Ne? I don't believe all ENFPs need to be bouncing off the walls so her relative sedateness doesn't really prove anything.
Didn't notice she was about the friendliest thing on Earth?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Friendly is the only thing that makes her an ENFJ?
You took the argument to functions, specifically "Where is Fe vs. Ne."

She demonstrates what one could call first-class-expert-use-of-Fe. Where is the Ne?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
You took the argument to functions, specifically "Where is Fe vs. Ne."

She demonstrates what one could call first-class-expert-use-of-Fe. Where is the Ne?

That's what I'm asking you. I gave some proof what I thought was Fi more than Fe. Most celebrities being interviewed are at least friendly so her friendliness in the interview is a given not proof of Fe.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
OK, well I disagree with your "proof." Clothing choice is Fi now? And I thought most others took functions too far. (Try and justify clothing choice with any function: it's easy. I won't bore you.)

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
OK, well I disagree with your "proof." Clothing choice is Fi now? And I thought most others took functions too far. (Try and justify clothing choice with any function: it's easy. I won't bore you.)

I didn't say her clothing choice was Fi, her reasons behind her clothing choice indicate more Fi than Fe to me. Check three minutes, 10 seconds into the video and tell me what you think.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I watched it alreeeady, and I'm here to tell you I know what you're getting at, but I could write an essay on why that's due to Ti, or Te, or Fe, and make people believe it. It's just not my bag.

I feel reasonably confident she's ENFJ, based mainly on comparison as usual, and that's enough for me. If she knocks on my door and says "WTF you think you're doin' sommabish, I'm ENFP!" I might reconsider.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone consider ESFP? The external fashion bit seems more sensory, but who knows. I know a number of ENFP artists and performers, and their thought processes are unmistakable. They are the masters of creative non-linear thought. Ne in a naturally creative person is one helluva ride. I haven't noticed that aspect to her, but it might be there.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Personal Quotes
I think everyone has gifts and everyone has talents. If you are successful at it, it feels really good but it never really penetrates completely. There are moments where I think that we made an amazing record and I'm so proud of it, but I don't wake up and go, "Wow, I'm amazing.

It's always odd to talk about my fashion. It's something you look at-you don't need to talk about it.

I don't know what I'm going to do, but I've always wanted to do the family thing

At a certain point I'm going to want to have a family and I'm not going to have time to be running around the world doing this shit and being greedy. I can always write songs. But can I always wear an Alice-in-Wonderland costume? I probably shouldn't. I can at home. I was thinking that when I have children, that I should always dress as a character for them, so they think their mom is Alice in Wonderland or Cinderella. It would be totally messed up!

As a famous person you think how you're gonna end it, get away and have a normal life. I imagine my children are going to save me from my vanity and be my passion and fill whatever fears I have of the amazing time I'm having right now being gone. I don't want to drop off and not be on the radio or not be able to talk about myself for hours. I don't want it to go away. But at the same time, I never expected to be here in the first place.

I'm really emotional. I don't fight with people - like, I can barely fight with my husband because I'll just start crying instead. I've learnt not to do that.

I've been making a conscious effort not to think about the future. I'm lucky to not have a real job, to be able to express myself, be creative and be relevant. I don't know what I will be doing in 10 years. How old will I be? Forty-five. I don't want to think about it to be honest, because it's a waste of time. Tomorrow night I'll be in bed with my husband again and it will be really great. It's all about right now.

I'm like a peanut butter sandwich.

The one thing that makes me feel super lucky about my financial success is that I have a housekeeper.

My songs are basically my diaries. Some of my best songwriting has come out of time when I've been going through a personal nightmare.

I really want to take some more time out and be with my husband. I guess what I really want is to have a baby. Life is short and you've got to get the most out of it.

I'd like to stress that I only have a small role. Oh, who am I kidding? There are no small roles in a Martin Scorsese film. (Regarding her role in The Aviator (2004)).

For me, acting comes from the same place as performing music. I just have to perform. I wanted to get it right and I did. Sometimes you just have to go for it.

"They are my best friends, so when I told them that I wanted to try something solo they responded in the way that best friends do. It was a matter of timing. We've all been growing up and our priorities have changed. Then I went and got married and my priorities certainly changed." (regarding pursuing a solo music career away from her rock group, No Doubt)

"This album is just about me. Although at times I think there's less of me on this than anything I've done because of all the people involved." (regarding her first solo album, Love Angel Music Baby)

"I imagine having children will save me from my vanity and fill whatever fears I have." [on easing up on her career to consider a family, in Rolling Stone]

"I really don't care what people say. It's not like it discourage me from doing something I want to do".

One time, a guy said he worked for Hugh M. Hefner and gave me a card. I thought it was funny.

I have a dream about spending time in my house with my kids. Being a mom was all I ever dreamed about. Now that it's come true it makes me feel like my life has come together. Nothing else matters.
There's the full list of quotes on her imdb page. Pretty much the perfect model of what an Fi user talks like. Not trying to prove anything, just making a reference :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
"I'm like a peanut butter sandwich."

Total Fi. Wait, wah? You guys are funny.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
gwen seems much more enfp than enfj to me. Have you ever listened to no doubt lyrics from "return of saturn" or "tragic kingdom" a lot of the lyrics are VERY Fi.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
gwen seems much more enfp than enfj to me. Have you ever listened to no doubt lyrics from "return of saturn" or "tragic kingdom" a lot of the lyrics are VERY Fi.
I'm not saying she didn't write them, but I do know No Doubt wasn't "The Gwen Stefani Band," so she might not have written them all. You tell me.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
The way she acts is completely ENFP, too. If you know an ENFP or if you've seen any youtube videos of them, you'll know what I mean. They're the most joyous and charming people in the world.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Oh, also....EVERYONE HAS INTROVERTED FEELING if you want to call it that.

I am familiar with ENFPs.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not saying she didn't write them, but I do know No Doubt wasn't "The Gwen Stefani Band," so she might not have written them all. You tell me.
Yes, she wrote them. That whole album was about her break-up with her boyfriend (who happens to be on the band), Tony Kanal, and how devastated she was afterwards. Unless the other guys were reading her mind, I doubt they would've been able to write the lyrics.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
yes gwen writes her lyrics.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh, also....EVERYONE HAS INTROVERTED FEELING if you want to call it that.

I am familiar with ENFPs.
Not exactly. There's a big difference between talking about yourself and the way Fi-users talk about themselves. Then again, I guess some people just can't notice that difference.

When someone constantly says things like this:

My songs are basically my diaries. Some of my best songwriting has come out of time when I've been going through a personal nightmare.
The Fi is pretty much on obvious open display.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
"Well if you come away......With more than you ever thought you could.....Tell me I'm right someday, and have always understood.

I think you'll die someday.....For if you don't you would be unusual......But I hope you hesitate.....Before you give in to the world."

Those are some Ti lyrics for you, CAN YOU TELL. I'm turning into CC here so I'm getting pretty familiar with the whole ENFP thing.