• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Actors typecast by their type

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
There are still a lot of actors out there who seem to play the same sort of roles, but I wondered how many seem to play the same MBTI type in different films, whether they're constrained by their own, it's a type they like to play or otherwise.

I watched Moon the weekend, starring Sam Rockwell and I was interested in how this would turn out. Every film I remember seeing him in, there's this strong aura of ESTPness about him (another good example is Justin Hammer in Iron Man, possibly the most ESTP I've seen him be) and I wonder whether there are any roles where he comes across as a different type. I also seem to see Lena Headey gravitate towards xNTJ roles.

What other example of this are there?

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I'm too lazy to come up with other examples, but I've long held the same belief that a lot of actors always play characters that fit their own type or very closely related. Literally typecasting.
True actors are able to play characters way out of their own scope. But rare in Hollywood I guess. If I were a casting director I would be inclined to cast by type anyway and not necessarily acting talent. After all, if a character fits naturally, there's almost no need to act at all.