User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 116

  1. #1
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default William Shakespeare

    I want a thread that will produce unanimous agreement. If that's ever gonna happen, it's with this post.

    INFP

    There! Go ahead! Dissent all you will!
    4w5 sp

  2. #2
    almost nekkid scantilyclad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    agreed.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

  3. #3
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Do people see INFP as like, the default, or something...?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  4. #4
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    I want a thread that will produce unanimous agreement. If that's ever gonna happen, it's with this post.

    INFP

    There! Go ahead! Dissent all you will!
    I'm guessing you only want a unanimous agreement if it concurs with your own?

    I've seen him listed as an example of and INFP and an INTP. I would tend to claim him as one of my clan, naturally. But I have it on good authority than he never took the test.

  5. #5
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    I'm guessing you only want a unanimous agreement if it concurs with your own?

    I've seen him listed as an example of and INFP and an INTP. I would tend to claim him as one of my clan, naturally. But I have it on good authority than he never took the test.
    I've never seen him listed as an INTP. Evidence this!
    4w5 sp

  6. #6
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    I've never seen him listed as an INTP. Evidence this!
    Au contraire, my dear. You seen it at least once - see above.
    I can't remember where I read this now, possibly Kiersey? Google it.

    Why should I provide evidence when you have supplied none?

    We don't know much about his personal life (other than that he abandoned his wife and was probably gay). We have to rely on his work.
    I think he is too cynical to be an NF. He doesn't believe in happy ever afters.
    I could go but, in the end, does it really matter?

  7. #7
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Au contraire, my dear. You seen it at least once - see above.
    I can't remember where I read this now, possibly Kiersey? Google it.

    Why should I provide evidence when you have supplied none?

    We don't know much about his personal life (other than that he abandoned his wife and was probably gay). We have to rely on his work.
    I think he is too cynical to be an NF. He doesn't believe in happy ever afters.
    I could go but, in the end, does it really matter?
    I shouldn't have to give a link for my opinion; you claim that he was externally typed as INTP; therefore you should evidence this.

    WS did not "abandon" his wife. Like a great deal of husbands, he worked away from home for some of the time. You say he was "probably gay". Yet you also say that we hardly know anything about him! How have you decided that he is gay?

    Here's some links suggesting that WS is an INFP:
    INFP Profile
    INFP (Dreamer) Personality Type - Jungian

    Two of the most prominent celeb typing sites. Now the onus is on you to substantiate your claim.
    4w5 sp

  8. #8
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    I shouldn't have to give a link for my opinion; you claim that he was externally typed as INTP; therefore you should evidence this.

    WS did not "abandon" his wife. Like a great deal of husbands, he worked away from home for some of the time. You say he was "probably gay". Yet you also say that we hardly know anything about him! How have you decided that he is gay?

    Here's some links suggesting that WS is an INFP:
    INFP Profile
    INFP (Dreamer) Personality Type - Jungian

    Two of the most prominent celeb typing sites. Now the onus is on you to substantiate your claim.
    crikey - are you for real?
    I haven't decided anything. Nor do I need to substantiate anything. The gay thing is pretty well documented though. Largely based on some of the sonnets. Everybody wants Will in their camp!

    Please Understand Me II - Ch 6, p166
    "..harmonic thought and speech requires selecting and arranging words for the way they sound, a skill not usually acquired by Rationals, though some (like Shakespeare) can become masters of it when they take it as their province".
    I was surprised too....
    You can't force a consensus, this is all just idle speculation.

  9. #9
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    crikey - are you for real?
    I haven't decided anything. Nor do I need to substantiate anything. The gay thing is pretty well documented though. Largely based on some of the sonnets. Everybody wants Will in their camp!

    Please Understand Me II - Ch 6, p166
    "..harmonic thought and speech requires selecting and arranging words for the way they sound, a skill not usually acquired by Rationals, though some (like Shakespeare) can become masters of it when they take it as their province".
    I was surprised too....
    You can't force a consensus, this is all just idle speculation.
    The gay thing is a theory, just as there is a Catholic theory, and the theory that someone else wrote his works, created partially as we know so little about him. With the sonnets, it is not clear whether WS was adopting a different voice when he refers to the boy...sonnets do not have to be autobiographical, and surely as one of the world's greatest writers would WS not be more than capable of doing this?

    I think that most people would agree that WS was an INFP, just from reading his works.
    4w5 sp

  10. #10
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    INFP? Pssh.

    ENTP.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Similar Threads

  1. Robin Williams
    By NewEra in forum Celebrity Personality Types
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 09-04-2017, 10:57 PM
  2. Robbie Williams (not Robin)
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 01:44 PM
  3. William Shakespeare's type
    By SuperFob in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 01:34 AM
  4. Favorite Shakespeare?
    By proteanmix in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 09:53 PM
  5. William the Conqueror's type
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 09:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO