User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Well no, I don't think that was what was meant. What was referred to was the authorship question of whether it was actually WS or another author using WS to release his works behind the works, possibly Marlowe or Bacon.

It is almost certain that WS "borrowed" plots from earlier works, but this can be said of many authors. One of the greatest books of modern times is Ullyeses, which borrows heavily from Homer's Odyssey and Hamlet, to give just one example. Remember that lawsuits did exist in Elizabethan times. WS could hardly have blatantly stolen from his contemporaries works.

WS had to write plays for his company to perform. We was never particularly well off, about middle class by the time he died. This is a great incentive for INFPs to write prolifically. Also, an inspired INFP, as WS undoubtedly was, will have no problem writing like crazy.
    The problem is that, well, if you look at movies now, most of them are based off of short stories (most people don't read short stories anymore, so they can get away with this and the public thinks of them as 'original'). How much personality is in the way things are put together in a story? How much in the language? What about lawsuits across countries? They had difficulties enforcing those even in Dickens' time. What about many people working under one name? Etc, etc, etc.

About being inspired and writing like crazy... no. Just no. Just because an INFP is inspired doesn't mean that they'll allow their works to be published (or preformed, in this case) imperfect, which means dedication, dedication, dedication to just a few works...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFJ

Well I'll give you two out of three unless you can give me evidence of Oscar Wilde being an ENTP, when I've usually seen him typed as an INFP.
    I've seen it a few places.

If you want another supposed ENTP, we've got Sir Walter Raleigh.

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    The problem is that, well, if you look at movies now, most of them are based off of short stories (most people don't read short stories anymore, so they can get away with this and the public thinks of them as 'original'). How much personality is in the way things are put together in a story? How much in the language? What about lawsuits across countries? They had difficulties enforcing those even in Dickens' time. What about many people working under one name? Etc, etc, etc.

About being inspired and writing like crazy... no. Just no. Just because an INFP is inspired doesn't mean that they'll allow their works to be published (or preformed, in this case) imperfect, which means dedication, dedication, dedication to just a few works...
    I'm really not sure what it is that you are trying to say here :/

But Shakespeare had deadlines. Plays would be performed by a certain stage whether he liked it or not. So his perfectionist streak was curtailed in that way I think. Second of all, there is a lot of evidence that he would go back and perfect manuscripts of plays that were already out "in the ether" if you will. An INFP of Shakespeare's genius could certainly produce drafts that they would not considered perfected that could still be performed. There is evidence that WS didn't actually have a lot of control over his works, as they were owned by the theatre company, not by himself.
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've seen it a few places.

If you want another supposed ENTP, we've got Sir Walter Raleigh.
    Look, I'm open to being persuaded, but not without evidence for these typings. I googled Wilde's type, and all I found was this, crediting him as an INFP Famous INFP along with WS.
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ENFJ

There is evidence that WS didn't actually have a lot of control over his works, as they were owned by the theatre company, not by himself.
    This would drive an INP to insanity (Of course, there's always that a man's got to eat, but if there's a type that needs to eat the least, it's an INP.)

Typing by writing is even more difficult when people are sped through it...

MBTI
    ENFJ

Look, I'm open to being persuaded, but not without evidence for these typings. I googled Wilde's type, and all I found was this, crediting him as an INFP Famous INFP along with WS.
    Fine then. Oscar Wilde:

Philox connecting European students. Tips and tools for studying abroad, Erasmus, internships and career.

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:...nk&cd=10&gl=us

ENTP | Prelude Consulting

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

This would drive an INP to insanity (Of course, there's always that a man's got to eat, but if there's a type that needs to eat the least, it's an INP.)

Typing by writing is even more difficult when people are sped through it...
    Well what I mean is, that Shakespeare's genius is such that he could create what an INFP would consider a revised draft of a play, that other members of his company would consider finished. It's still a perfectly accurate means by which help can be assertained in typing the bard.

WS got over these frustrations by continually editing his plays after their publication.
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ENFJ

If you're going to insist,

I'll settle on INTP and use Keirsey as my reference.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well I always considered him ENTP, but you haven't substantiated Sir Walter Raleigh's type yet.

Also, the last website you link to also claims WS as an INFP

If you're willing to consider these typings of Wilde as evidence of his type, why not WS, who has plenty of sites typing him as INFP?
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ENFJ

Well I always considered him ENTP, but you haven't substantiated Sir Walter Raleigh's type yet.
    MBTI

Personality-tests Myers Briggs MBTI Famous personalities for famous ENTP

Myers-Briggs Profiles - entp - The Inventors - The BBA Class of 2003! HTW Chur Switzerland

I find it a bit... suspicious, I guess, that Shakespeare was typed an INFP by Isabel Myers, an INFP, and by Keirsey, an INTP, as an INTP.