First 12345 Last

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    You are embarrassing yourself now.
    I can't believe you care this much. MBTI is also, just a theory after all....
    I think that you are embarrasing yourself. I only express my opinion. You dismiss the MBTI on an MBTI forum! Why are you even here? What are you doing posting here if you don't care about this topic?
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    This is why I kept the N. He was primarily an entertainer, but he was content not doing it directly. ENPs can be pretty introverted.
    Actually, he was a player too...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    I think that you are embarrasing yourself. You dismiss the MBTI on an MBTI forum! Why are you even here? What are you doing posting here if you don't care about this topic?
    Don't be hysterical. To say something is a theory is not to dismiss it. To state a theory as fact is dogmatic.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Didn't he primarily write, though?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I bet some T's are going to think I'm some racist typing asshole for what I said about NF's. Anything's possible, I just think it's highly highly unlikely for anyone but an NF to have come up with the brilliant tragedies WS did.

I think it's pretty narrow-minded to assume that NF's have romanticize. We're much more capable than anyone else at pulling those heart-wrenching tales.
    I think it highly unlikely that any T will think you racist based on those sentiments. (?)

It's narrow-minded to assume NFs romanticize, but it's not narrow-minded to assume only NFs can come up with "brilliant tragedies"....hmmmm.....ok then.

MBTI
    ENFJ

It's making something so heartwrenching a form of romanticization? As in, romanticizing a tragedy?

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Since when are you the expert on Shakespeare? Your arrogance clearly surpasses any tidbits of information you may have ever picked up about the Bard.

There is no evidence that Shakespeare was ever a player. There is an unsubstantiated rumour that he played the Ghost in Hamlet. And as other posters have mentioned, he was foremost a writer, so what does your assertion actually add? I believe that you are being deliberately contentious in order to subvert this thread.
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    INFJ

I think it highly unlikely that any T will think you racist based on those sentiments. (?)

It's narrow-minded to assume NFs romanticize, but it's not narrow-minded to assume only NFs can come up with "brilliant tragedies"....hmmmm.....ok then.
    I'd say it's rather narrow-minded to assume that's what I meant with my post.

If you read my post a bit closer, you'll notice I said that anything's possible, I just think it's a lot more likely for an NF to come up with the things Shakespeare did. I'm not saying that a non-NF wouldn't be able to write a brilliant story, I just think that when I'm looking at the best of the best, like Shakespeare, I've gotta assume that the type most wired for doing what he did so well is the type that he fit under. That's an NF.

It goes both ways. NF's are capable of being great scientists, but when it comes to the most revered ones like Einstein, it's simply an overwhelming probability that you're looking at an NT.

MBTI
    ENFJ

All we have are the works. The circumstances under which they were created are unknown.

To type a person by solely on work which may not even be (entirely) their own without looking at their life is pretty nave, no?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    This is why I kept the N. He was primarily an entertainer, but he was content not doing it directly. ENPs can be pretty introverted.
    I don't see how you figure that out. An Ixxx would express him/herself indirectly, while an Exxx would be direct. ENxPs find it easy to express their random insights directly (through speech, writing, art, invention, etc.), just as ESxPs find it easy to act directly on physical impulses.

An INxP would have expressed more meaning in ideas because the N insights are given meaning and coherence through their dominant introverted judgment function.