Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    INFP? Pssh.

ENTP.
    Well I've never seen him typed as that before, so perhaps you'd like to qualify your assertion?
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Well I've never seen him typed as that before, so perhaps you'd like to qualify your assertion?
    Okie dokie.

I will give you that his work sounds INFP-ish by modern standards, but then again, one can look at the way things were generally written back then... that was just the style, especially if he was writing particularly for an audience. Also, consider how writing plays -- and consequently, making movies -- is done. He was quite prolific, which is generally not considered an INP thing, and a lot of the genius is rather in the meter than in the actual story, which seems Ti-ish to me. If we go on to consider, not that he didn't not make his plays, but it's quite likely that he took other plays and reworked them to suit him and the players and the audience, then he was not working with a closed-system at all, and more working as a showman.

The problem with saying "I think that most people would agree that WS was an INFP, just from reading his works" is that the point is not his works, (or even his supposed works) but how he came about them...

I suppose INTP works too, but I think Ne over Ti works better. Also, in that case, Fe would be higher up the ladder, which I think if he was going to pull off writing entertainment, would be damned useful.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Do people see INFP as like, the default, or something...?
    The default type of any celebrity typing on the forum is INxx, xNxx, or at least Ixxx. It could be because INs are more likely to gravitate to other legit INs or see shared qualities in other types and mistype as their type. Or other stuff.

It's why I gave up the celebrity typing, too biased.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

INTP, according to Keirsey, and I agree with him.

His works were more cynical than romantic.

MBTI
    INFJ

INFP. Judging by his works, I don't think that anyone but an NF could've had that tragic understanding of humanity (seriously, though, I'm not kidding in the least)

I heard someone say that WS was too cynical in his lack of faith in everlasting love to be an NF. Why can't NF's be like that? I'm definitely going through a phase in my life where I'm having a hard time believing that true love exists outside the fairy tales. If someone fails to find love in their life, they'll prone to believing it doesn't exist, NF or not. NF's aren't immune to the grasp of cynicism. In fact, WS may've just been bitter about his own problems that he picked up a cynical attitude as a coping mechanism. I don't have any friends in my life, and I know that when I'm reminiscing on being a loner, it feels good to mope, feel sorry for myself, and say things like "love and friendship is BS, it doesn't exist," though I really know in my heart that I don't actually believe those things when I say them.

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Only an NF could write Hamlet. It deals with so many complex emotions. If WS was such an ENTP 'showman' then why was he not actually up there on the stage showing off? I still think INFP.
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    INFJ

I bet some T's are going to think I'm some racist typing asshole for what I said about NF's. Anything's possible, I just think it's highly highly unlikely for anyone but an NF to have come up with the brilliant tragedies WS did.

I think it's pretty narrow-minded to assume that NF's have romanticize. We're much more capable than anyone else at pulling those heart-wrenching tales.

MBTI
    ENFJ

If WS was such an ENTP 'showman' then why was he not actually up there on the stage showing off?
    This is why I kept the N. He was primarily an entertainer, but he was content not doing it directly. ENPs can be pretty introverted.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The gay thing is a theory, just as there is a Catholic theory, and the theory that someone else wrote his works, created partially as we know so little about him. With the sonnets, it is not clear whether WS was adopting a different voice when he refers to the boy...sonnets do not have to be autobiographical, and surely as one of the world's greatest writers would WS not be more than capable of doing this?

I think that most people would agree that WS was an INFP, just from reading his works.
    You are embarrassing yourself now.
    I can't believe you care this much. MBTI is also, just a theory after all....

MBTI
    INFJ

Why does it have to mean that someone 'cares too much' if they're just defending their opinion?