User Tag List

First 2101112

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

You know you're typing based on complete false stereotypes right. I guess INFPs are worthless, lazy, spineless, unmotivated, wimps right ?
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    Jipe
    Enneagram
    Memb
    Socionics
    Er

He's always seemed more ENFP than INFP to me, but I'd struggle to believe any other type.

MBTI
    INFP

Almost none of what you're saying precludes Shakespeare from being NFP.

The man went from a middle-class classics school to owning two theaters and having official court presence.

In addition, he acted out his own work, which suggests E.
    I do agree that this points to E.

In order to become famous, he wrote poems on an incessant basis for patrons, so he could move up the social order (T planning rather than F expression).

once again Shakespeare was primarily motivated for self-gain rather than some deep need to express oneself.
    NFPs need to eat and pay their bills, too (and are often ambitious, in spite of the stereotype otherwise). If NFPs only ever wrote out of a desire for self-expression, almost none of them would be professional writers. Fiction writing is hard effing work, and no writer is going to get recognition if they only write when they feel like it.

It's also possible to be motivated by self-gain and a desire for self-expression. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

He wrote his plays within two weeks, having to improvise on the fly (that's why you get Hamlet and pirates. BTW totally Ne)

Finally, look at his plays: some were actually very controversial in their content.
    This could be any NP type. Being controversial/producing under pressure/coming up with bizarre ideas (like Hamlet + pirates) is not exclusive to ENTPs or even Ne-doms.

And, look at his cookie-cutter comedies he wrote: that just screams commercial appeal, something I doubt an NFP would allow. They'd go insane rather than write the same thing seven freakin' times.
    An NFP could easily write the same story several times if that's the story they're obsessed with. And again, just because someone is NFP doesn't mean they would refuse to write for the masses.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i don't really agree with the reasoning, but i definitely agree that shakespeare was an entp. has that entp flavor of skepticism, and he's attracted to the ideas of other entps like montaigne, machiavelli, bacon, donne, etc. feels very Ti Fe to me, he's too much of a technician to be otherwise.

MBTI
    ENXP

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    You know you're typing based on complete false stereotypes right. I guess INFPs are worthless, lazy, spineless, unmotivated, wimps right ?
    No, I know a couple of INFPs who are brilliant, if a bit eccentric (if you think an INTP can be anti-authoritarian, you ain't see nothing yet). However, the INFPs I know aren't prone to overachieve, and in fact often call NTs and Js that very name: over-achievers.

Shakespeare was meritocratic in a society that wasn't.

MBTI
    ENXP

Although I admit, I'm somewhat willing to believe he could be an ENFP. Mark Twain exhibited semi-ENTP characteristics, yet you can easily see how he could be an ENFP based of his writing, in a final analysis.