User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 116

  1. #91
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Tragedies seem to play very much into the heart of many NFs, especially INFJs. Whether Shakespeare was INFP, I can't say. But I do doubt he was gay, in fact recent evidence is showing that he was probably a devout Catholic:
    Amazon.com: Shadowplay: The Hidden Beliefs and Coded Politics of William Shakespeare: Clare Asquith: Books
    and catholics are never gay of course...my bad

  2. #92
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    I've only called you arrogant bluemonday.

    And the previous statement does fall under the irony umbrella once again.
    that's a rather convenient defense mechanism - that umbrella of yours.

  3. #93
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hathor_sekhmet View Post
    I've been a long-time lurker here, and I wasn't planning on ever posting, but I'm finding it difficult to not say anything. Something about this thread just tipped something in me. .
    cool - anything that draws lurkers out of the woodwork must be worthwhile.

    i don't think typing each play/poem individually would be a meaningful exercise. it is the body of work that reveals the man. personality typing requires a personality after all...

    i don't know why people are getting hung up on iambic pentameter - it was merely the mode of the day - and Shakespeare subverted it masterfully.

    as for NFs and tragedy - couldn't agree more. i don't think anyone has said anything that contradicts this. however, the way NFs approach tragedy in their work has a more melancholic rather than a misanthropic feel. NTs are master misanthropes. Shakespeare could give Schopenhauer a run for his money.

    it is unsound to assume that NFs find something more moving or more compelling than other types. all you can safely assert is how you feel, leave others the autonomy to think/feel what they will. after all, if Shakespeare only appealed to minority NFs he wouldn't hold his extraordinary position in the literary establishment.

    the strongest argument in favour of SS being an NF, is his profound understanding of human psychology, and hidden motivations, which is an area where NFs are supposed to excel (although I might say I've seen plenty of evidence to the contrary).

    jury is still out.

  4. #94
    Senior Member Noel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    613

    Default

    What about the possibility of Shakespeare being an Artisan, specifically an isfp? He was an excellent wordsmith.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

  5. #95
    Senior Member Members Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    107

    Default

    This thread was only ever heading in one direction...

    One thing. NF's gravitate as much towards negativity as they do towards optimism. Being an NF just provides you with a predisposition to exploring the subtlety's of human emotion, both positive and negative.
    It's just a ride

  6. #96
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Bill Shakespeare is either ENFP or INFP. I go back and forth about which one he is. Right now I'm leaning toward ENFP, but I can see INFP too.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  7. #97
    Welcome to Sunnyside Mondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    Keirsey considers Shakespeare to be an NT.
    I don't know if that means anything to you guys.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

  8. #98
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Keirsey considers Shakespeare to be an NT.
    I don't know if that means anything to you guys.
    Like I said, I agree with him in this case. I am somewhat Keirsey biased because his type descriptions really do match Jung's processes, even though it is never directly stated how they match.

    The main part where I disagree with him is how he types celebrities and historical figures -- Shakespeare being one of the exceptions. It's just one of those rare cases where Keirsey doesn't create the mental image of the NT temperament being people of science.

  9. #99
    Welcome to Sunnyside Mondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Like I said, I agree with him in this case. I am somewhat Keirsey biased because his type descriptions really do match Jung's processes, even though it is never directly stated how they match.

    The main part where I disagree with him is how he types celebrities and historical figures -- Shakespeare being one of the exceptions. It's just one of those rare cases where Keirsey doesn't create the mental image of the NT temperament being people of science.
    That's true. One thing I like about Keirsey is that he always has good reasons for every person he types, at least his son admits when he either made a mistake in typing or when he isn't sure about what the historical figure's personality type is.

    One thing I'm actually wondering is would Shakespeare have made a competent scientist? Shakespeare obviously had a brilliant mind.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

  10. #100
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    One thing I'm actually wondering is would Shakespeare have made a competent scientist? Shakespeare obviously had a brilliant mind.
    Brilliant mind == scientific mindset ?

    oh dear oh dear oh dear
    don't fall into the NT trap.

Similar Threads

  1. Robin Williams
    By NewEra in forum Celebrity Personality Types
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 09-04-2017, 10:57 PM
  2. Robbie Williams (not Robin)
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 01:44 PM
  3. William Shakespeare's type
    By SuperFob in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 01:34 AM
  4. Favorite Shakespeare?
    By proteanmix in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 09:53 PM
  5. William the Conqueror's type
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 09:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO