• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Isaac Asimov

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
That wasn't what my question was about. :p

If your interpretation works for you, so much the better.

redacted

I forget which one Last Question was, but Last Answer is totally INTJ.

redacted

Just read Last Question again, and it seems ridiculously INTJ to me (how does anyone get P out of that?). Some of the characters were INTP, but that doesn't mean Asimov was.

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
Just read Last Question again, and it seems ridiculously INTJ to me (how does anyone get P out of that?). Some of the characters were INTP, but that doesn't mean Asimov was.
I was talking about Asimov, blocks of text don't have personality types. Anyway, I've read a biography about him and he's clearly INTP.

redacted

Ah. Well you cited the story as evidence, so I read it. It seems like typical INTJ writing (and story), but you're right. Not enough information.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Gotta tell you, dissonance, if I were a writer in the early 50s, I would have written the exact same story as The Last Question.

And like 6sticks, I've read not only at least one full autobiography, but many, many essays by Asimov which were written in closer to his "true voice" than his fiction. "Asimov was INTP" will be carved into my F'n gravestone.