• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Conflict over Anakin's Personality Type Ends Here and Now

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
star%20wars_zpshhvotheo.jpg

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^I don't talk to you.

Also, the member who tried to claim that Anakin is an 8 because he acts 8 in the "parallel universe" also claimed the Lucas was deeply involved in that "parallel universe." According to Lucas's own words (above), he was lying. Of course he was, considering who said it. My argument was that the "parallel universe" Anakin doesn't count because it isn't Lucas's baby. Of course I was right.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, the member who tried to claim that Anakin is an 8 because he acts 8 in the "parallel universe" also claimed the Lucas was deeply involved in that "parallel universe." According to Lucas's own words (above), he was lying. Of course he was, considering who said it. My argument was that the "parallel universe" Anakin doesn't count because it isn't Lucas's baby. Of course I was right.

Starry

Are you talking about [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]? I think Elfboy is the only person in the history of the universe that has ever typed Anakin Skywalker as an 8...which he did because he personally wanted to be Anakin Skywalker as well as an 8 (he saw himself as a badass). <-There was maybe 4 guys total that thought Elfboy understood typology.

^^If this is what you are reacting to...you are currently making Elfboy look like an enneagram expert by comparison.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you talking about [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]? I think Elfboy is the only person in the history of the universe that has ever typed Anakin Skywalker as an 8...which he did because he personally wanted to be Anakin Skywalker as well as an 8 (he saw himself as a badass). <-There was maybe 4 guys total that thought Elfboy understood typology.

^^If this is what you are reacting to...you are currently making Elfboy look like an enneagram expert by comparison.

It wasn't Elfboy, it was........... a friend of his. I'll remember his forum name eventually. So anyway, yeah, I was there so I would know.

I typed Anakin as a 6. His counter move was to claim that Anakin is an 8 because of the cartoon and comic book versions of Star Wars which - he claimed - Lucas was involved in developing. But the OP quote shows that Lucas was not involved in that, even calling it a "parallel universe" and not his own Star Wars universe.

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nobody understands the way Ti-doms reason. Trust me, I am one.

Starry

It wasn't Elfboy, it was........... a friend of his. I'll remember his forum name eventually. So anyway, yeah, I was there so I would know.

I typed Anakin as a 6. His counter move was to claim that Anakin is an 8 because of the cartoon and comic book versions of Star Wars which - he claimed - Lucas was involved in developing. But the OP quote shows that Lucas was not involved in that, even calling it a "parallel universe" and not his own Star Wars universe.

Anakin is about as 6 as they come... its weird to me that people would think about that other shit.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Ok, I wouldn't have been snarky if you gave me a little more information to go off. But if you don't remember, that's something entirely. You started the thread as though everyone would know what you were talking about, so it just came off as random. I suppose I'm guilty of the same of thing on occasion. My apologies.

Personally I felt they did a better job with characterizing him in the Clone Wars series. They showed how he could go bad while also having him do heroic things. In the movies, it's like he's only good when he's a little kid, and by the time we see him next, he's already kinda started to go bad. I feel like the cartoon did a better job at connecting the dots with the kid Anakin and Vader. And that cartoon series is one of the few things other than the films that's canon from before the Disney era. So it's as relevant as anything.

Although.... 6 does make a lot of sense for him, so that point is moot.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, I wouldn't have been snarky if you gave me a little more information to go off. But if you don't remember, that's something entirely. You started the thread as though everyone would know what you were talking about, so it just came off as random. I suppose I'm guilty of the same of thing on occasion. My apologies.

Personally I felt they did a better job with characterizing him in the Clone Wars series. They showed how he could go bad while also having him do heroic things. In the movies, it's like he's only good when he's a little kid, and by the time we see him next, he's already kinda started to go bad. I feel like the cartoon did a better job at connecting the dots with the kid Anakin and Vader. And that cartoon series is one of the few things other than the films that's canon from before the Disney era. So it's as relevant as anything.

Although.... 6 does make a lot of sense for him, so that point is moot.

It's relevant for comparing how different writers develop the same character different ways, such as the two Kirks, the first from the Original Series and the second from the Star Trek movies, especially the last three. Kirk was very serious in the Original Series, but 20 years later he was more relaxed as if his enneagram wings had flipped.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]
How does Lucas' comment relate to Anakin's personality type? Are you saying he developed it differently than the other merchandisers'? I didn't know that their ideas factored into it at all. Don't most people just type Anakin based on the movies? There is something about this thread that doesn't make sense to me either. I don't actually have much idea what is going on. Did a comic book writer say Anakin is E8 and you think based on the movies he is E6? That's honestly the best I can figure out. It would also be helpful to know why you type him a certain way because I don't know that the movies even make it obvious for everyone. I'm not sure of his type myself, but have and read and participated in some threads about it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I should mention that the later Star Trek movies were written by Leonard Nimoy, which explains why Kirk's personality changed. Nimoy stated that he wanted to write some light-hearted Star Treks.

- - - Updated - - -

Seen it already. I don't understand the reference though.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]
How does Lucas' comment relate to Anakin's personality type? Are you saying he developed it differently than the other merchandisers'? I didn't know that their ideas factored into it at all. Don't most people just type Anakin based on the movies? There is something about this thread that doesn't make sense to me either. I don't actually have much idea what is going on. Did a comic book writer say Anakin is E8 and you think based on the movies he is E6? That's honestly the best I can figure out. It would also be helpful to know why you type him a certain way because I don't know that the movies even make it obvious for everyone. I'm not sure of his type myself, but have and read and participated in some threads about it.

It goes back to my debate with what's-his-face over Anakin's e-type. His argument was based on the falsehood or lie that Lucas was involved in the Star Wars comic books and cartoons. It was all he had left to argue with. I haven't watched any of the kiddie cartoons, so I really didn't have any idea what Anakin was like before the prequel movies. It just seemed like a weak argument on his side, because I know from experience that characters can change from place to place based on different writers' interpretations of the character. And since his version of Anakin was not interpreted by Lucas at all, then he's talking about a different Anakin.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Oh, okay. That does help it make sense to the random passer-by like me. :)

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He is a badly written, badly played character that has nothing to do with the Darth Vader of the original trilogy.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He is a badly written, badly played character that has nothing to do with the Darth Vader of the original trilogy.

Do you have an example of badly written and played?

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you have an example of badly written and played?

The entirety of episodes II and III. Kid Anakin was somewhat better (but is also inconsistent with adolescent Anakin).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It goes back to my debate with what's-his-face over Anakin's e-type. His argument was based on the falsehood or lie that Lucas was involved in the Star Wars comic books and cartoons. It was all he had left to argue with. I haven't watched any of the kiddie cartoons, so I really didn't have any idea what Anakin was like before the prequel movies. It just seemed like a weak argument on his side, because I know from experience that characters can change from place to place based on different writers' interpretations of the character. And since his version of Anakin was not interpreted by Lucas at all, then he's talking about a different Anakin.

The Clone Wars was a guilty pleasure of mine and at times better than you would expect. Still haven't finished the series though. And it is considered canon.

The entirety of episodes II and III. Kid Anakin was somewhat better (but is also inconsistent with adolescent Anakin).

Yeah, I felt like the character in the cartoon did a better job about bridging the gap between the 10-year-old version of the character and Darth Vader. He probably should have started out in Episode I as being older, though.

He still comes off like a 6 in the cartoon regardless.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Ignoring strange references to not liking sand and other such poorly written dialogue, don't episodes II and III portray Anakin's fall to the dark side in a convincing way?