User Tag List

First 678

Results 71 to 80 of 80

  1. #71
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    I would say he's an ISFP.

    I - He's almost certainly introverted. He does not enjoy interaction with other people.
    S - He thinks more about the present than the future, and is more concerned with the here and now.
    F - Expresses everything with strong reactions and strong feelings.
    P - Is not really a planner.

  2. #72
    Senior Member placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Maybe it's really a simple question of which type would be most eager to catch little kids from running off a cliff for the rest of their lives.

  3. #73
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    INFP ^ :p
    4w5 sp

  4. #74
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    Maybe it's really a simple question of which type would be most eager to catch little kids from running off a cliff for the rest of their lives.
    ISFJ is the first thing that comes to mind. But this is where an NF could look like an SJ.

    Wait a minute! What about his fixation on the Museum of Natural History?

    Near the end of the book, he says he loves the museum because nothing ever changes there. While outside, the crazy world keeps shifting and you don't know what to expect, in the museum everything will always be right where it's always been.

    Too insane by that point to matter?
    Last edited by Cimarron; 12-28-2008 at 07:33 AM. Reason: important point
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  5. #75
    Senior Member placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    ISFJ is the first thing that comes to mind. But this is where an NF could look like an SJ.

    Wait a minute! What about his fixation on the Museum of Natural History?

    Near the end of the book, he says he loves the museum because nothing ever changes there. While outside, the crazy world keeps shifting and you don't know what to expect, in the museum everything will always be right where it's always been.

    Too insane by that point to matter?
    Haha probably
    But really I don't know what that implies. Even for myself, the idea of a place I can go back to that's reliable, when everything else doesn't seem so, is a nice one to me.

  6. #76
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    Haha probably
    But really I don't know what that implies.
    On its face, it sounds like an SJ statement. But, you made a good point in the rest of your post.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  7. #77
    Senior Member placebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    On its face, it sounds like an SJ statement. But, you made a good point in the rest of your post.
    Haha so I guess his type is still inconclusive? Though I think most people agree he's either NF or SP, and not NT or SJ

  8. #78
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    Haha so I guess his type is still inconclusive? Though I think most people agree he's either NF or SP, and not NT or SJ
    Looking at the 4 temperaments, that sounds true.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  9. #79
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Lol, I am prepping. I am going to analyze those in a sec.

    And lol, my close friend in high school couldn't stand Holden and neither could my English teacher.

    The truth is this, there is in fact a select few of us human beings who are, for reasons unknown, genetically predisposed and hard-wired towards being empathetic idealists.

    Sensitive souls do not fare well in this cold, industrialized, bureaucratic, super colony we call modern civilization.

    When you actually care about people and things, and the inherent fucked-upness and seemingly endless human suffering deeply lodged and integrated in a society that basically functions and operates on dissociating its people from one and other into foreign and discrete factions in order for designated people to exploit "other" designated people strictly for selfish gain from just far enough of a distance so as to not affect everyone's ability to sleep at night, well, when you care in a system that cares not for you or anything really, that is, to say the very least, incredibly difficult to bite, swallow and chew.

    Tangent, sorry :/
    Isn't that case closed right there^^^?

    Either Captain Chick is Holden Caulfield or Holden Caulfield was E/INFP.


    Captain Caulfield holden' chicks... hee hee.

  10. #80
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Isn't that case closed right there^^^?

    Either Captain Chick is Holden Caulfield or Holden Caulfield was E/INFP.


    Captain Caulfield holden' chicks... hee hee.
    Hmmmm...Interesting.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Similar Threads

  1. Holden Caulfield
    By Cygnus in forum Celebrity Personality Types
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2016, 11:48 PM
  2. Mr. Houlden Caulfield
    By Nonsensical in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 03:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO