• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ender's Game/Shadow

redacted

Ender - INFJ
Bean - INTJ
Achilles - INTJ
Petra - ENTJ
Bonzo - ESTJ?
Sister Carlotta - INFJ

(Just reread Ender's Shadow, need to reread Ender's Game for Peter and Valentine. I'll guess Peter = ENTJ, Valentine = INFP?)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I read Ender's Game years ago, so I'm not gonna be a huge help here, but wasn't he all "Hey, no sweat, I'm better at video games than anybody?" Which would lead me to think ISTP. Otherwise I'd say I don't remember the characters being all that three-dimensional.

redacted

Hmm. I'm talking about personality and motivation, and not video game ability.

I'm probably most sure about Ender being INFJ out of all those types.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think many people will tend to identify with Ender as they read the book. He did seem ISTP to me on first reading (his strategic expertise, plus just recognizing the thought patterns) but he could easily be INTP, INTJ, INFJ, INFP, ISFP, etc, or even extroverted. That kind of character doesn't really fit neatly into any type. He also changes dramatically as he grows older.

I would put bean as INTP or INTJ, and Peter as ENTJ...not sure about the rest of them.

I'd need to re-read all the books to really say though...it's been a few years.

redacted

Really? You guys don't see the overflowing Fe motivation ("Why do they have to make me hurt them? I don't want to hurt them!")? The Ni vision?

Bean is INTJ (I thought INTP, too, until I reread it today and yesterday.) Totally a Te user, but mostly strong strong Ni.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I ask because I don't know: Was it Ni vision, or was it awareness of the actual (or simulated) environment, which could be Se?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really? You guys don't see the overflowing Fe motivation ("Why do they have to make me hurt them? I don't want to hurt them!")?
I can identify with that thinking. I wouldn't call it his motivation, but rather his response to difficult situations. At least in the earlier books, I don't see a vision to save the world, etc...mainly he just looks after himself, his team, his sister, etc. I get the vibe from him that he does what he has to do to get by and to succeed, rather than going on an Fe-driven mission. (in fact, I see an ISTP tactical assessment of the situation, cost-benefit analyses, knowing what you have to do to succeed in a particular area and then doing it--I'm not necessarily saying he is ISTP, but his actions are very tactical and strategic rather than person-oriented)

You have to keep in mind that he's hardly normal, or in normal circumstances...that changes everything. I don't think all non-Fe users are fine with hurting people, either.

I could see him as INFJ, but I don't see it as the only option, by any stretch.

redacted

I guess ISTP is possible; INFJ and ISTP have the same functions.

I would certainly call him an Ni dom, though. Anyway, I guess I gotta reread the book first.

Also, he's always so empathetic towards everyone, including the buggers.

Oh and he helped a bunch of young students for no personal reason.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Without a doubt, Ender is definitely an INFJ.
Jack Flak's description of Ender is somewhat inaccurate.
The thing that had Ender excel so much in the games was simply due to the fact that he was the smartest kid there.

I agree with most of the others but I actually think Petra is a P rather than a J but I haven't read Ender's Game or Ender's Shadow in a while and I was a less sophisticated typer back then.

The ENTJ/INFP dynamic is so obvious with Peter and Valentine.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Bean = definitely INTJ
Petra = ENTJ
Ender = INxx
Peter = ENTJ
Valentine = INFx

redacted

Yeah Ender is 100% an INFJ. (and I stick by my Peter and Valentine guesses now, ENTJ and INFP).

Just reread.

Anyone want quotes?

Terian

MBTI Type
NeTi
Ender: INFJ
Bean: INTJ
Peter: ENTJ
Valentine: INFP
Petra: IN??
Achilles: ENTP