• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bands by MBTI type

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Metallica - ESTJ

Jeez, everyone keeps saying this, and I don't see it. I hate Metallica.

I'm inclined to say, instead, any band/singer with very literal lyrics... like the Kings of Convenience. Or Ben Folds. Or Joe Jackson. Maybe... hm, trying to think of something more in the Metallica genre... Perhaps Disturbed? Sorry if I suck at this - I'm trying to overcome my S here!

"Fitter Happier" by Radiohead is VERY SJ... although it's a critique of SJs. But that wasn't the question...

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Metallica could be ESTJ or ENTP or XSTP or many more...easily

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Really Metallica are te only suggestion for ESTJ thus far. I never really saw them being as such, but I'd prefer to have them up there until a better replacement is found, if just so that people will take notice of it and make suggestions.

Metallica were originally typed as ENTP or ENTJ here, whihc I think is closer to the truth. But for now, I re-emphasize, they are really just placeholders so that the case for an ESTJ band is not forgotten about.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
any of these bands can be any type for different reasons, thats what my point was.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
any of these bands can be any type for different reasons, thats what my point was.

Nah. As your example you picked a good one, as they are (hopefully) the only one who are (probably) not the type that they are typed as here.

I'm sorry, but you can't deny the major ESTP appeal of GnR, or that Axel Rose is an ESTP. That is a good example to use, as that band is very much defined by its frontman, who is ESTP, so it is one of the easier bands to type.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
oh sure i agree, some bands give off a certain aura but any band can be liked by any type for any reason. sometimes it is better not to "type" bands. though i must agree with you on GnR. then again, i know a zillion SPs and SJs as well as many many NTs that like GnR. i personally think a good chunk of these band "types" are pretty wrong.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
oh sure i agree, some bands give off a certain aura but any band can be liked by any type for any reason. sometimes it is better not to "type" bands. though i must agree with you on GnR. then again, i know a zillion SPs and SJs as well as many many NTs that like GnR. i personally think a good chunk of these band "types" are pretty wrong.

People are just brainstorming. You can't expect a flurry of arrows to hit the bullseye every time.

But I think that the main list (post 1) is pretty damn accurate.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
oh ok ya i was gonna say lol, my misunderstanding. maybe i just don't see the point really.

ya i would agree with your list (if looking at it in an extremely general way) is pretty good. i know a whole crapload of NTs that like Oasis.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think people need to differentiate between band members MBTI types and what sensation/function their music gives off.

I want someone to type Pink Floyd's overall sensation. they are my favorite band of all time, yet i can't type the music beyond "the best ever".

Metallica - Te + Se (ENTJ) When ever i want to get shit done, but im low on energy, i put on metallica. it never fails to recharge/motivate me.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
i think people need to differentiate between band members MBTI types and what sensation/function their music gives off.

I want someone to type Pink Floyd's overall sensation. they are my favorite band of all time, yet i can't type the music beyond "the best ever".

Metallica - Te + Se (ENTJ) When ever i want to get shit done, but im low on energy, i put on metallica. it never fails to recharge/motivate me.

I would have Metallica typed as ENTJ on my OP if it would actually let me edit it, which it won't for some reason.

Yazoo

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think Radiohead are clearly NT - well at least since OK Computer. Their music is logically and carefully structured, which plays into and reflects larger ideas. Thom Yorke's lyrics are definitely NT; he is preoccupied with exploring grand themes and philosophy (for example, the theme of death in 'The Pyramid Song' and 'Videotape'). Just because they because they have emotional resonance does not necessarily make them 'Feelers'. They are clearly a cerebral band.

I would say INTJ, as they can be quite directional and focused in what they are trying to achieve through an album. But I can see the argument for P.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sigur Rós = INFP

I would say that they're INFJ. Their music is very, very classically structured.

The National: INTJ.
Against Me!: ENTP (gotta love all that anarchism and cynicism).

hommefatal

"Queens of the Stone Age: ISTJ"
They seem much too imaginative to me to be ISTJ-like. Maybe ISTP.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Kings of Leon: ESFP. That's why so many people love them, and I personally want to bash my radio whenever I head them.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Paparoach: INTP. They just seem a bit too detached to be F.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Slayer: ISTP
Beastie Boys: ISTP
Wu Tang Clan: ISTP
Gun'n Roses: ESTP