• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bands by MBTI type

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]: while I agree on some of those band types (like GNR and ACDC being ESTP), I must say that Rage Against The Machine is ENFJ, not ENFP; they're hardly concerned with discovery of new horizens, toying with concepts, or seeking novelty. They're more so focused on social justice and revolution, which is very focused on mass community ethics (or in this case, the fiery will of the oppressed masses). Also, Aux Ni is rather obvious; their lyrics scream of 'HEY! ALL THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT IS A SIGN THAT THE GOVERNMENT CONTROLS YOU, SO LETS FOLLOW A BETTER IDEAL AND REBEL!', and aggressive tert Se; 'Fuck you I won't do what you tell me!'.

They're also, by enneagram type, 1w2 > cp6w7 > 2w3(?) so/sp (or so/sx)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thnk Aerosmith is rather ESFP actually.

[MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]

RATM is too much chaotic to be ENFJ, and I really can't follow you on any enneagram typing, especially if you persist to use "trifix".

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thnk Aerosmith is rather ESFP actually.

Possible, most hard rock bands tend to be Se dom; drugs, sex, and rock n roll!

[MENTION=10919]Savage Idealist[/MENTION]

RATM is too much chaotic to be ENFJ, and I really can't follow you on any enneagram typing, especially if you persist to use "trifix".

Uhhhh, last I checked ENFJ's can be very chaotic. And if I had to choose one enneagram for RATM, I'd pick either 1w2 or cp6w7.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Possible, most hard rock bands tend to be Se dom; drugs, sex, and rock n roll!

Yeah but they put a lot more of feelings int heir music than AC/DC wich is more about technical simplism, big fun and no value judgement.

Uhhhh, last I checked ENFJ's can be very chaotic. And if I had to choose one enneagram for RATM, I'd pick either 1w2 or cp6w7.

RATM is clearly 6w5.

Public Enemy is a lot more ENFJ in comparaison. Or maybe ENTJ. Earth, Wind & Fire is the quintessential ENFJ band.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
RATM is clearly 6w5.

Public Enemy is a lot more ENFJ in comparaison. Or maybe ENTJ. Earth, Wind & Fire is the quintessential ENFJ band.

6w5 could be possible, cp6 anyway is definite. I still think they're ENFJ though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
some of my favorites
Nightwish: INFP 9w1 Sx/Sp
Aqua: ENFP 7w6 Sx/So
Solid Base: ESFP 7w8 Sx/So
Evanescence: INFP 6w7 Sp/Sx
La Bouche: ISFP 8w9 Sx/Sp

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
some of my favorites
Nightwish: INFP 9w1 Sx/Sp
Aqua: ENFP 7w6 Sx/So
Solid Base: ESFP 7w8 Sx/So
Evanescence: INFP 6w7 Sp/Sx
La Bouche: ISFP 8w9 Sx/Sp

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Tatu:
Yulia Volkova: ENTP
Lena Katina: INFJ

Amy lee: INFJ

i dont know why - but i never thought about Amy Lee when i started with these types - but when i thought the other day i wasnt even thinking i just went "INFJ" lol

about TATU - lol - thats a lovely one - ENTP and INFJ most compatible together XD lol would fit actually

S

SingSmileShine

Bands that give off a certain vibe, and is the type of sound most likely to be enjoyed by that MBTI type. Also, I want to try and keep to one example for each type. The most undisputable in type and best known will enjoy priority when I edit the list.

For starters:
Belle & Sebastien: INFP
Daft Punk: INTP
Iron Maiden: ENTP
Guns n' Roses: ESTP
Metallica: ESTJ
Rolling Stones: ESFJ
My Chemical Romance: ISFJ
Marilyn Manson: INFJ
Kraftwerk: INTJ
Queens of the Stone Age: ISTJ
Oasis: ISTP
Franz Ferdinand: ISFP
ABBA: ESFP
Rage Against The Machine: ENFP
System of a Down: ENFJ

Huh! My favorite group of those (Iron Maiden) is only one variable off from my type. :) Admittedly, I'm not a big RATM fan, but they're not too bad. :)

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah, cool!
MIA is DEF super Fi, and she's also quite confrontational....could ISFP go with that?
But are you typing artists or how their music makes you feel?

Presumptuous Pepper

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Alice in chains - IXFP...Fi driven (infp)
Depeche Mode - Ti driven; IXTP (istp); i thinkt hey are sensors
Muse - lead singer i believe is an INTP

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alice in chains - IXFP...Fi driven (infp)
Depeche Mode - Ti driven; IXTP (istp); i thinkt hey are sensors
Muse - lead singer i believe is an INTP

You are hearing something completely different than when I listen. Both Depeche Mode and Muse seem to be dripping with F when I listen. Depeche Mode was like emo before emo.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What type do you think Insane Clown Posse is?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What type do you think Insane Clown Posse is?

Probably ESTP? I'm not sure as I've never really "listened" to their "music", but I once watched a short doumentary about the ICP culture and it seemed to be inhabited by Se doms; additonally, a few people recited the lyrics, but they're so ridiculously psychotic and unintelligent that I couldn't make any conclusions concerning it. Nor do I feel like reading through the lyrics of their garbage music.

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ah, cool!
MIA is DEF super Fi, and she's also quite confrontational....could ISFP go with that?
But are you typing artists or how their music makes you feel?
I always thought she was an INTJ. I'm not sure why though. ...definitely T in any case, with Se and Fi. T---> A visible lack of "emotionally vulnerable" content in the lyrics.

Arcade Fire- INFJ
Danzig- ENTP
Johnny Cash- ENFP
The Clash- ENFJ

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Linkin Park:
Chester Bennington: ENFP type 7
Mike Shinoda :ENFJ
Joe Hahn: INFP

I thought Chester was ISFP and Mike ENTJ; but I haven't watched any of their interviews.

I love Linkin Park! (They get a little over the top with the bleeding and screaming thing sometimes, though. Like, get over it.)

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well iron maiden ENTP is obvious... The bassist who wrote almost EVERYTHING (even the lyrics and other instruments) is very ENTP.

Beyond that, is this even really possible? James hetfield is an ISTP, but does Metallica fit that? Pre black album cliff burton brought influences that seem more Ne. Black album era seems much more Te-Se...

Megadeath vs Metallica: their music is similar but different. Same band for a bit actually. Hetfield ISTP. Mustain ISTP as well? Their music would still need to be typed differently I think.

Lumpet

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

which type would this be?

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
This shit is just hilarious. I cannot stop lauhing.

Don't get me started with Eminem. I won't say anything other than what this guy says :)

Straight out of Warren
Bitch you a joke
Sucking so much dick your fucking lips smoke

Husband, tell me where she at
Everybody be fucking that bitch you don't see that?
I know 3 people she fucked on you
Over at Hotrocks, she be fucking bitches too
You told the world you gonna kill the slut
Then you on tv licking her butt
Be careful your prolly gonna taste my nut
Cause even I be fucking that bitch raw, like what

Sucka ass mother fucka
Hitler ass haircut
Bitchass mother fucking
Boyband ass Top 40 Casey Casem
Carson Daly dick suckin mutha fucka

seriously WTF. I gotta see what his response to this was.