• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trent Reznor

particularsolution

MBTI Type
INTP
Oh man, I'll try.

:)

i still haven't seen any valid points to counter my original argument (other than your invocation of "i know trent better" and "i'm an ENFP and am naturally tuned in to people's emotions"). just try this: give me a preference by preference explanation of trent's type. for each one give a reason.

redacted

How did you "pwn" him with your reasoning? By quoting a type profile? Hmm....

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Creative geniuses have often been documented as being sufferers of some or multiple chronic mental/psychological "pathologies".

Sanity doesn't preclude creative genius, per se, but if one's sanity is defined as that of their being and exhibited normal, i.e. average human behaviors/characteristics, then I would confidently say that, yes, to a certain degree, creative people are crazy.

particularsolution

MBTI Type
INTP
Creative geniuses have often been documented as being sufferers of some or multiple chronic mental/psychological "pathologies".

Sanity doesn't preclude creative genius, per se, but if one's sanity is defined as that of their being and exhibited normal, i.e. average human behaviors/characteristics, then I would confidently say that, yes, to a certain degree, creative people are crazy.

and the line of reasoning is...?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
i still haven't seen any valid points to counter my original argument (other than your invocation of "i know trent better" and "i'm an ENFP and am naturally tuned in to people's emotions"). just try this: give me a preference by preference explanation of trent's type. for each one give a reason.
I have provided lyrics and my analyses of those lyrics supporting why I view Trent to be an _NFP, though I can accept the possibility of his being an INTJ.

What I am sure about is that he is an N and a hardcore Fi user.

How did you "pwn" him with your reasoning? By quoting a type profile? Hmm....
No, I pwned him with my NeFi ninja skills.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
and the line of reasoning is...?
Lol, do some research kid.

My Ne led me to intuit the hypothesis that creative geniuses must be a bit "crazy" and the research I have done provided me with the reasoning behind/for it.

When I feel so inclined I will provide you with a deluge of links supporting or backing my fanciful thoughts of/on creative folks, k?

:smooch:

particularsolution

MBTI Type
INTP
I have provided lyrics and my analyses of those lyrics supporting why I view Trent to be an _NFP, though I can accept the possibility of his being an INTJ.

What I am sure about is that he is an N and a hardcore Fi user.

No, I pwned him with my NeFi ninja skills.

ah! INTJ. that's what i was campaigning for. it seems to be the best fit given the character traits he shows. after all this we agree (sort of).

redacted

My Ne led me to intuit the hypothesis that creative geniuses must be a bit "crazy" and the research I have done provided me with the reasoning behind/for it.

When I feel so inclined I will provide you with a deluge of links supporting or backing my fanciful thoughts of/on creative folks, k?

Blah, tune down the ego a bit. Why should anyone believe you before you post reasoning?

particularsolution

MBTI Type
INTP

is THIS what you are trying to say?

trent reznor had mental health issues
creative geniuses have mental health issues
NPs are creative geniuses
therefore trent reznor is an NP

?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Blah, tune down the ego a bit.
Is it my ego that needs tuning down, or yours?

If my name were CaptainDick I assure you my "ego" would not be an issue of concern.

Ugh, when oh when will our society acknowledge and embrace the fact that women are capable of, yes, being intelligent, competent, rational human beings.

Ironically, I have encountered the most adversity regarding my level of intellect, knowledge and androgynous style of communication when dealing with highly intelligent men.

Because I have a vagina, apparently I am incapable of being assertive but rather am unpleasantly aggressive!!!

Because I have a vagina, apparently I am incapable of logical reasoning but rather am a loud and opinionated virago, if you will.

Because I have a vagina, apparently I am incapable of engaging in a proper debate but rather am a hostile contrarian.

I apologize for being confident in my capacity to know and differentiate when I know something as opposed to when I do not.

In fact, I think I will start a thread about this!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP

If my name were CaptainDick I assure you my "ego" would not be an issue of concern.

Ugh, when oh when will our society acknowledge and embrace the fact that women are capable of, yes, being intelligent, competent, rational human beings.

Ironically, I have encountered the most adversity regarding my level of intellect, knowledge and androgynous style of communication when dealing with highly intelligent men.

Because I have a vagina, apparently I am incapable of being assertive but rather am unpleasantly aggressive!!!

Because I have a vagina, apparently I am incapable of logical reasoning but rather am a loud and opinionated virago, if you will.

Because I have a vagina, apparently I am incapable of engaging in a proper debate but rather am a hostile contrarian.

I apologize for being confident in my capacity to know and differentiate when I know something as opposed to when I do not.

uh oh, PMS? jk

redacted

I don't care that you're a female. I just care that you're condescending and you expect people to believe your hunches without listing reasoning.

I have plenty of intelligent female friends that don't annoy me. In fact, my best friends are pretty much all incredibly intelligent females.

It's ludicrous of you to assume your gender has anything to do with my opinion of you. When have I brought it up, ever?

particularsolution

MBTI Type
INTP
Last edited:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
LOL so much progress was made since I left. But I'm bored, and have returned, and he's still ENTP! Mhehehe.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Trent Reznor is either an ENFP or INFP, period.

YouTube - NIN - The Fragile (Bridge School Benefit)

The Fragile

She shines
In a world full of ugliness
She matters
When everything is meaningless

Fragile
She doesn't see her beauty
She tries to get away
Sometimes
It's just that nothing seems worth saving
I can't watch her slip away

I won't let you fall apart

She reads the minds of all the people as they pass her by
Hoping someone can see
If I could fix myself I'd—
But it's too late for me

I won't let you fall apart

We'll find the perfect place to go where we can run and hide
We'll build a wall and we can keep them on the other side
…But they keep waiting
…And picking…

It's something I have to do
I was there, too
Before everything else
I was like you

When you are a hardcore idealist who one day faces the existential void that is your and everyone else's existence, and the emptiness and meaninglessness therein, suddenly surrounded in a godless, cruel and perverse world, ruled by nature alone, to see that man is nothing more than a "civilized" beast; that he is no more autonomous or significant than an ant, well, let's just say, after the shock has dissipated, while wading through your despair and disgust, A WHOLE LOT of reconciling needs to be done.

It is hard to care in a careless world. Hard to feel in a heartless world, and hard to love when you realize we are all impenetrably alone.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL!!!

Provide your case as to why, please.