• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trent Reznor

particularsolution

MBTI Type
INTP
You were saying "HE DOES X BECAUSE OF INTROVERSION." And I'm saying "NOT NECSSARLY DUDE," and now you're saying "WELL ANYONE CAN DO THAT ACTUALLY."

Do you see my point? You've removed your argument that he's introverted. Well done.

no need to get pissy.

when it comes to I vs E you gave a few characteristics that you claim trent displays and someone who you know is ENTP also displays. what i'm saying is that those traits could be related to the NTP side of the personality, not necessarily the E (or maybe just the NT, or the N, or the T, which is why they could be characteristic of INTP, INTJ, etc.. you get my point). you need to isolate each one on it's own to do a proper analysis.

isolating the I vs E it seems that trent displays a few notable traits of introverts (as i have already mentioned). namely that he suffered from social anxiety disorder which i assume is more prevalent in Is than Es.

redacted

All I know is that he's an Fi user, an Introvert, and an N. So INFP or INTJ.

INTJ might even make more sense than INFP, seeing as Ni would probably come up with more themed complexity.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
INTJ might even make more sense than INFP, seeing as Ni would probably come up with more themed complexity.

An unhealthy INTJ with angst, perhaps. Or I guess he's calmed down in recent years.

redacted

Well he was certainly pretty unhealthy when he was writing the downward spiral and the fragile.

Drugs.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Well he was certainly pretty unhealthy when he was writing the downward spiral and the fragile.

Drugs.

Do you know what drugs he was on? I might get that junkie vibe from him.

particularsolution

MBTI Type
INTP
INTJ is what i'm leaning towards more and more. the J seems to explain the thorough approach he has to his music and the work ethic. i would think an INTP musician would be much looser. i find it hard to articulate why this makes sense to me but it's just the hunch i have (Ne at work, haha).

Do you know what drugs he was on? I might get that junkie vibe from him.

he went to rehab for cocaine addiction and alcoholism. there were reports that he was also addicted to heroin but apparently they are not true.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
INTJ is a hilarious type for Reznor. Have you known an actual INTJ?

particularsolution

MBTI Type
INTP

quit taking this so personally and drop the smart ass remarks.

thanks for the videos, i have seen some of them already though. very interesting. it would be more productive if you broke your opinion down and made it clearer why you think this is such a silly suggestion rather than just laughing at suggestions. so far i've seen you argue for INTP, INFP, ISFP, ESFP and now ENTP. only 11 more to go!

but anyways, whatever happened to the I vs E discussion? forget the J/P. let's settle the I/E. make your case for E.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I can accept INTJ as a possible type for Trent, though he strongly rubs me like a fellow _NFP but... Trent an INTP, an INTP?!?!?!?!?

Simply preposterous!!!

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Uh, because he's a huge E, I guess. He's not reserved in the least around people.

He's also a gigantic ENTP. I don't even know how to describe it, I just know what an ENTP is, because two of my best friends have been ENTP, including the guy who basically has the same personality as Reznor. No joke. I wish there were some ENTPs in this thread.

There's also no way in hell he's INFP. I've known more INFPs intimately than any other type.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
And, I would like to mention that dissonance is definitely picking up what Trent is putting down.

:)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
HE IS NOT AN ENTP!!!!

GOODNESS FUCKING GRACIOUS!!!!!

UGH^100

particularsolution

MBTI Type
INTP
ok, here is something that proves a bit of correlation between introversion and social phobia (medical journal, can't get more credible than that):

The relationship between shyness, social phobia and other psychiatric disorders was examined. The prevalence of social phobia was significantly higher among shy persons (18%) compared with non-shy persons (3%). However, the majority of shy individuals (82%) were not socially phobic. A significant and positive correlation was found between the severity of shyness and the presence of social phobia, but the data suggest that social phobia is not merely severe shyness. Social phobia was also positively and moderately correlated with introversion and neuroticism. Thus, shy persons with social phobia were shyer, more introverted, and more neurotic than other shy people, but none of these factors was sufficient to distinguish shy persons with social phobia from those without social phobia. The proportion of the shy group with psychiatric diagnoses other than social phobia was significantly higher than among the non-shy group, indicating that various diagnostic categories are prominent among the shy. The results are discussed in terms of the overlap in shyness and social phobia and the relationship of shyness to other psychiatric diagnoses and personality dimensions.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am an extroverted HSP, as I would imagine many of my extroverted NF brethren to be as well.

I spend a lot of my time being reclusive because people are just too much.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
Everybody wants Trent to be on his type.

particularsolution

MBTI Type
INTP
Uh, because he's a huge E, I guess. He's not reserved in the least around people.

He's also a gigantic ENTP. I don't even know how to describe it, I just know what an ENTP is, because two of my best friends have been ENTP, including the guy who basically has the same personality as Reznor. No joke. I wish there were some ENTPs in this thread.

There's also no way in hell he's INFP. I've known more INFPs intimately than any other type.

He's not reserved? Where is that coming from? Even though he has been specifically described as "reserved" and "recluse"?

EDIT: sorry, he wasn't described as "reserved", just "shy". my mistake. but to refresh the memory: "In contrast to his on stage personality, Reznor is often credited to be shy, soft spoken and a bit of a recluse."

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I would also like to add that I have spent a SIGNIFICANT amount of time researching Trent, listening to Trent, watching Trent and reading Trent.

He is one of the select few artists whom I've really felt a deep connection to.

Y'all are typing him from a distance and hence are producing inaccurate assessments of his personality and type.