User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 184

Thread: Trent Reznor

  1. #81
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Well he was certainly pretty unhealthy when he was writing the downward spiral and the fragile.

    Drugs.
    His drug use, I believe, was just a secondary issue to what was/is his primary pathological condition as that of being severely existentially depressed.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  2. #82
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I would also like to add that I have spent a SIGNIFICANT amount of time researching Trent, listening to Trent, watching Trent and reading Trent.

    He is one of the select few artists whom I've really felt a deep connection to.

    Y'all are typing him from a distance and hence are producing inaccurate assessments of his personality and type.
    i don't feel any connection to trent reznor because I DON'T KNOW HIM. none of us do. we are all typing him at a distance. we are speculating. sometimes it can be a fun discussion but evidently it has spiraled into a petty argument where everybody invokes some "deeper understanding" of trent reznor. ugh.

  3. #83
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by particularsolution View Post
    are you referring to the "reznor entp" google search? not sure if that convinces me. i wouldn't think needing to see people after being holed up in a studio for months at a time necessarily means you are an extrovert either. i'm definitely an introvert and sometimes i need to be around people, part of being human.

    i also am not so convinced on the P. his work ethic and perfectionism seems like a J trait. a quote from someone he worked with in a studio prior to NIN:

    "so focused in everything he [did]. When that guy waxed the floor, it looked great."

    i can't imagine an NP being "focused". they are usually too busy daydreaming to be bothered to wax a floor to perfection. i realize this is only one quote and it's a bit naive to extrapolate so much but it seems to be the same way he works with NIN. tireless, focused... true perfectionist. endlessly layering samples. again, INTPs can definitely get into the uber-focused mode and work tirelessly at something they are interested in so you never know. it's hard to make guesses like these without really knowing the person, just the art... but that's what makes this so fun.
    Pfft!!!

    NP geniuses experience flow where they can spend hours on end "in the zone" without realizing how much time, days, weeks have passed while they were in this trance-like, uber-focused mode.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #84
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by particularsolution View Post
    i don't feel any connection to trent reznor because I DON'T KNOW HIM.
    LOL!!!

    I don't "know" Bukowski, Ani DiFranco, J.D. Salinger, Chuck Palahniuk, M.C. Escher, Shakespeare, Slug from Atmosphere, Lucretius, etc. but I do *know* them through their work.

    Why do you think artists and writers produce work?

    TO EXPRESS/SHARE THEIR PERSPECTIVES!!!!!

    I owe my life to people that I "don't know" according to you because I have never physically met them.

    Lol, laughable man.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  5. #85
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    LOL!!!

    I don't "know" Bukowski, Ani DiFranco, J.D. Salinger, Chuck Palahniuk, M.C. Escher, Shakespeare, Slug from Atmosphere, Lucretius, etc. but I do *know* them through their work.

    Why do you think artists and writers produce work?

    TO EXPRESS/SHARE THEIR PERSPECTIVES!!!!!

    I owe my life to people that I "don't know" according to you because I have never physically met them.

    Lol, laughable man.
    metaphysical connections aside you don't know them. you may feel like you just really "get" trent reznor because you listen to his music and it really strikes a chord with you and all that jazz... but ultimately, KNOWING someone, knowing who they are enough to know their type, takes a little bit more than listening to some songs and watching some interviews on youtube.

    if you want to argue for his type make a better case for it than that.

  6. #86
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by particularsolution View Post
    metaphysical connections aside you don't know them. you may feel like you just really "get" trent reznor because you listen to his music and it really strikes a chord with you and all that jazz... but ultimately, KNOWING someone, knowing who they are enough to know their type, takes a little bit more than listening to some songs and watching some interviews on youtube.

    if you want to argue for his type make a better case for it than that.
    So would you say someone's personality doesn't show through their work, art, how they carry themselves, what they say...etc..?

  7. #87
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Pfft!!!

    NP geniuses experience flow where they can spend hours on end "in the zone" without realizing how much time, days, weeks have passed while they were in this trance-like, uber-focused mode.
    if you bothered to read my posts you would see that i mentioned that. i was basing that comment on my own experiences as an INTP. i know i generally don't have what it takes to be very focused on a job but sometimes i manage to pull it off if it's something that interests me... but even then it's rare. NPs are much better at coming up with plans than implementing them. but you already know that.

  8. #88
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    So would you say someone's personality doesn't show through their work, art, how they carry themselves, what they say...etc..?
    ugh, maybe i went overboard. it does to an extent. we can sit here speculating based on his music and art etc... what type he seems to be. i just can't buy all these "i know trent reznor better" claims to refute my ideas. none of us know him. we are just SPECULATING. frustrating.

  9. #89
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    His drug use, I believe, was just a secondary issue to what was/is his primary pathological condition as that of being severely existentially depressed.
    I agree.

    His horrible depression is what made his music, though. That's why The Downward Spiral and The Fragile were so fucking amazing. That's also why I don't like anything past Halo 17.

    Again, I'd believe INFP or INTJ. I might actually lean more towards INTJ at this point -- his music strikes me as more Ni than Ne, just due to the insanely detailed themes in his albums.

  10. #90
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    I agree.

    His horrible depression is what made his music, though. That's why The Downward Spiral and The Fragile were so fucking amazing. That's also why I don't like anything past Halo 17.
    Depression makes good music, but so does being really, really high.

    Anyone else notice that once artists get clean and sober up, they start sucking?

Similar Threads

  1. Trent Reznor...
    By The Ü™ in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO