User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 184

Thread: Trent Reznor

  1. #51
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by outmywindow View Post
    TR didn't come up with that video. David Fincher did.

    Check out this video (especially the last few minutes). Dude is not an F.

    YouTube - Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails - The New Music Interview

    For the record, I've (admittedly) watched a lot of interviews with the man, and I'd say the above one is easily one of the most relaxed and 'honest' that I've seen. Personally, I go with INTJ, but since we'll never know and his type doesn't really matter in terms of my continued enjoyment of his music, I don't dwell on the answer too much.
    Wow...he came off really confident in that video. None of the shy vulnerability that most artists that I see as NF seem to exude.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    I was good friends with an ENTP who showed a lot of the same tendencies of character. Very intelligent, intentionally acted in a controversial manner, abrasive, showed emotion easily, and quite importantly, had a strong need to modify the world in some way.

    AvereX's ISFP typing caught me off guard, so I went with ESFP first, but the more I think about it the more he's very likely ENTP by the numbers.

  3. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I suggest browsing around for all the mention of reserved ENTPs out there. IMO he's much more likely ENTP than INTP.
    there is a difference between being reserved and having social anxiety disorder. i would expect social anxiety to point to trent being I, not E.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by particularsolution View Post
    there is a difference between being reserved and having social anxiety disorder. i would expect social anxiety to point to trent being I, not E.
    Theoretically, I'd say "quite to the contrary!" Because an E with an anxiety disorder could appear to be I to the layman.

  5. #55
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Theoretically, I'd say "quite to the contrary!" Because an E with an anxiety disorder could appear to be I to the layman.
    which do you think social anxiety is more prevalent among, I or E?

    i can't provide any hard evidence but i would expect it to be much more prevalent in I. which gives me good reason to think trent could be an I. i don't think there is any overwhelming evidence pointing to him being an E so i don't see why it's not plausible.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Well, I posted some evidence, however whelming you find it is up to you. In one interview, he said (I quote almost verbatim, regarding being in the studio for a long time) "I just needed to be around people again."

  7. #57
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Well, I posted some evidence, however whelming you find it is up to you. In one interview, he said (I quote almost verbatim, regarding being in the studio for a long time) "I just needed to be around people again."
    are you referring to the "reznor entp" google search? not sure if that convinces me. i wouldn't think needing to see people after being holed up in a studio for months at a time necessarily means you are an extrovert either. i'm definitely an introvert and sometimes i need to be around people, part of being human.

    i also am not so convinced on the P. his work ethic and perfectionism seems like a J trait. a quote from someone he worked with in a studio prior to NIN:

    "so focused in everything he [did]. When that guy waxed the floor, it looked great."

    i can't imagine an NP being "focused". they are usually too busy daydreaming to be bothered to wax a floor to perfection. i realize this is only one quote and it's a bit naive to extrapolate so much but it seems to be the same way he works with NIN. tireless, focused... true perfectionist. endlessly layering samples. again, INTPs can definitely get into the uber-focused mode and work tirelessly at something they are interested in so you never know. it's hard to make guesses like these without really knowing the person, just the art... but that's what makes this so fun.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    I was more referring to the characteristics I discussed. He is a LOT like my good ENTP friend, who would game or computer program without leaving his room for days at a time.

    Also, judging art can be a bad idea, because it can come from many "directions." I try to judge based on behavior, such as in interviews.

  9. #59
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I was more referring to the characteristics I discussed. He is a LOT like my good ENTP friend, who would game or computer program without leaving his room for days at a time.

    Also, judging art can be a bad idea, because it can come from many "directions." I try to judge based on behavior, such as in interviews.
    right, but that trait could be associated with many different types, not just ENTP. it could fit with an INTP, INTJ, etc... it's a pretty vague characteristic. i prefer to break it down into each of the 4 preferences. as far as I vs E goes i think trent exhibits more I traits than E traits.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by particularsolution View Post
    right, but that trait could be associated with many different types, not just ENTP. it could fit with an INTP, INTJ, etc... it's a pretty vague characteristic. i prefer to break it down into each of the 4 preferences. as far as I vs E goes i think trent exhibits more I traits than E traits.
    You were saying "HE DOES X BECAUSE OF INTROVERSION." And I'm saying "NOT NECSSARLY DUDE," and now you're saying "WELL ANYONE CAN DO THAT ACTUALLY."

    Do you see my point? You've removed your argument that he's introverted. Well done.

Similar Threads

  1. Trent Reznor...
    By The Ü™ in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 03-09-2011, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO