First 3456715 Last

Thread: Trent Reznor

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

And, pfft!!!

I think both Ns and Ss are prone to be assholes and idiots as well as angels and sages, alike.

They are just fundamentally different in the way they view/process the world/information.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Banned
    MBTI
    type

People go soul searching to write lyrics. We're all capable of introspection.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

All true poets are Ns.

The end.

-CC
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Banned
    MBTI
    type

If he's N, he's probably ENTP.

Add: someone else thinks he is: TypeCast | Personality and Temperament Resources

reznor entp has over 2x the google results of the next closest type.

All circumstantial, but ENTP feels right to me, much more so than INFP and reasonably moreso than ENFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

OMG!!!!!

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Banned
    MBTI
    type

^ Exactly. It's quite useless.

MBTI
    INTP

I vs E: First of all, Trent is definitely NOT an E. Most certainly an I.

"In contrast to his on stage personality, Reznor is often credited to be shy, soft spoken and a bit of a recluse."
    "Trent Reznor struggled with depression, social anxiety disorder, and the death of his grandmother (who raised him)."

Sounds like an introvert to me. An extrovert suffering from social anxiety? Sounds like an oxymoron.

N vs. S: Secondly, definitely N over S. His music has always been fairly innovative (at least it was in the 90s) and unique. He also claims David Bowie's "Low" is his favourite album. Anyone familiar with that album knows it's definitely one of Bowie's weirder albums. Seems like an N taste.

"Reznor is a fan of David Bowie, and has cited Bowie's 1977 album Low as one of his favorite albums. Reznor has stated that he played the album constantly during the recording of The Downward Spiral for inspiration."

T vs F:
    In my opinion T over F. I think writing ANY lyrics requires digging into your F side so I can't see how quoting lyrics that show emotions proves he is an F (Ts have feelings too). When I listen to NIN the feelings I hear are very raw, almost childlike, which to me sounds like the repressed, underdeveloped feelings of a T. I would think a natural F would be much more eloquent at expressing their emotions. The feelings would be much deeper. Just think of "Starf**kers, Inc.". It was basically directed at Marilyn Manson. It's a great song but in reality is quite petty... childish even----> underdeveloped F side -----> Trent=T

P vs J: On this one I am really not sure. Trent apparently has amazing work ethic and is quite the perfectionist. Seems like a J trait. Doesn't sound like the open-ended laziness characteristic of a P (no offence Ps). Then again, INTPs CAN become obsessive in certain areas. Not sure on this one.

INTJ? INTP?

*All the quotes are from the "Trent Reznor" wikipedia entry.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I suggest browsing around for all the mention of reserved ENTPs out there. IMO he's much more likely ENTP than INTP.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    An INTJ would not have come up with the video for Closer. I might guess INFP.
    TR didn't come up with that video. David Fincher did.

Check out this video (especially the last few minutes). Dude is not an F.

YouTube - Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails - The New Music Interview

For the record, I've (admittedly) watched a lot of interviews with the man, and I'd say the above one is easily one of the most relaxed and 'honest' that I've seen. Personally, I go with INTJ, but since we'll never know and his type doesn't really matter in terms of my continued enjoyment of his music, I don't dwell on the answer too much.
    INTP

MBTI
    ENTP

I seriously doubt he's an F. I'd go more with the XNTP theory, after all.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.