EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

INTP 5w4 Sx/Sp.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Every Day Is Exactly The Same isn't about predicting the future; it's about being stuck in your life and nothing new is happening.

Also when watching interviews from when he's about 40, he's still talking about being unsure of himself and doubting his abilities and second-guessing his choices. He doesn't have a clear vision of what he's going to do or who he's going to be. I definiteley think an INTJ that old would be more confident in his skills. That guy never had a plan for anything; take Ghosts for example.

"The idea for this record came about the end of '91 when we finished the first Lollapalooza, and we went to Europe. I was sitting in the hotel room and I was kind of seeing the energy that Nine Inch Nails was drawing on. It was a definite negative vibe, and although [...] it was powerful, it's ultimately not the end of the road: a means towards something else - I'm not sure what that is and [...] I kinda came up with the idea of [The] Downward Spiral which I knew would be a pretty harrowing exploration of that. So, this record was focusing on those certain things that were bothering me that I felt needed exploring - which is not to say that everything in my life is totally terrible and negative, but it was a record about a certain set of things and that's what I wanted to explore."
    - Trent Reznor about The Downward Spiral

I think that isn't a very Ni statement at all. It's more of a Ne thing; more exploration and less fulfilling a vision.

And he's a 5w4 sx/sp, making him seem a bit more aloof and less warm. However I would like to disagree with Speed Gavroche's assertion that he's an INTP, I'm going to need some evidence of his Ti-usage for that. My opinion is INFP.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    Every Day Is Exactly The Same isn't about predicting the future; it's about being stuck in your life and nothing new is happening.

Also when watching interviews from when he's about 40, he's still talking about being unsure of himself and doubting his abilities and second-guessing his choices. He doesn't have a clear vision of what he's going to do or who he's going to be. I definiteley think an INTJ that old would be more confident in his skills. That guy never had a plan for anything; take Ghosts for example.

- Trent Reznor about The Downward Spiral

I think that isn't a very Ni statement at all. It's more of a Ne thing; more exploration and less fulfilling a vision.

And he's a 5w4 sx/sp, making him seem a bit more aloof and less warm. However I would like to disagree with Speed Gavroche's assertion that he's an INTP, I'm going to need some evidence of his Ti-usage for that. My opinion is INFP.
    Whatever he is, it's exacerbated by severe depression and herion addiction.

He's so fucking whiny he annoys me. Like, I loved NIN at one point, thought he was a genius, but his music just increasingly over the years bored and irritated me because he's always bitching and whining about HIMSELF. I can't fathom him being anything but IxFP or a broken INTJ.

Change of vote. INFP "soul", inside, INTJ outer shell/outer manifestation in this world.

There's simply no way an INTJ can have that depth of feeling, I've decided, because emotions (Fi, the stuff he obviously has a lot of) are prioritized below too many other things to INTJ for them to come out so obviously or overtly and all the time and so clearly. "Strong Fi" does not cut it; it's clear that Fi is his TOP priority which makes him not an INTJ. But the way he presents his work and himself as well, like the "filter" through which his inside goes before it's "channeled" through to outer expression (thus the word "manifestation") is ridiculously INTJ [to me, that is].

This means: "He" is an INFP. Considering he's an INFP I can see him being 5w4 instead of 4w5... but I don't care to explain why at the moment. Just putting down my vote.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

INxJ no doubt

J because his music is so consistent in theme & he generally sticks to the same expressive style... he lacks the zaniness & (or) idiosyncrasy I tend to notice in INFP peepls.

great artist though

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    INxJ no doubt

J because his music is so consistent in theme & he generally sticks to the same expressive style
    Yeah that would suggest Si (+ Fi) wouldn't it?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yeah that would suggest Si (+ Fi) wouldn't it?
    Consistency / regularity seem like P vs J issues, not really connected to any other functions

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    Consistency / regularity seem like P vs J issues, not really connected to any other functions
    Consistency is heavily connected with Si. Going solely by letters isn't really a good way of typing; functions are what matter most.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Consistency is heavily connected with Si.
    So are you saying he's an ISJ?

Si for an INFP is in the third position... meaning-- as I understand it-- it only plays a strong role in behavior when you're either very at-ease or very uncomfortable.

Going solely by letters isn't really a good way of typing; functions are what matter most.
    But weren't the function dynamics a later addition to the theory?