User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Thread: Trent Reznor

MBTI
    UFO

Hmm. I'm not good at typing. But I don't really feel an INFP vibe from Trent.

I say NTP. More E, but only because he has that aura of being able to handle social situations well. And I don't really sense social awkwardness from him.

That's my two cents.

MBTI
    ENTP

where the fuck does anyone get ENTP? honestly, i cannot understand. aren't ENTPs like, lively and shit? i know thats simplistic reasoning but his lyrics are entirely a combination of intuition and Fi. i don't know why anyone would think he's an extravert either; he is on record as saying he doesnt like people, doesnt get along with people, whatever, and fine i know a lot of extraverts hate people but that doesnt = evidence. clinical depression, keeping to ones self, self-expression through music, even drug abuse are all a lot more likely to indicate introversion than extroversion; i know its not proof but the evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of I.

i could see INFP or INTJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

^INFP

You're quite right that ENTP isn't close at all. But I'm worried I'm gonna bring Jack Flak back in here and have the same debate as earlier in the thread...

MBTI
    INFP

He must be a really fucked-up ENTP to be an ENTP.

"I've always been attracted to darker things. That's a side of me. How far does things go? If there's a snuff movie I want to see it. I'm not supporting it, but yea I guess I am, but I am curious."

"I used to really fear being alone and hated it. Lately I've come to terms with it. I'm not saying I hope to be alone the rest of my life. I think everyone is alone really. I'm a lot more comfortable with who I am in my head."

"My music has been a sort of personal therapy. It's got me out of tough times, it has been the friend that I needed, when I didn't have a friend there."

"It's like beating your head open and unzipping your chest cavity saying 'here are my guts - everything I've felt, including a lot of stuff I'm not proud of'. It's hard. It uses you up. I walk off stage sometimes and feel like I've just slept with everybody in the audience." (on performing)

"I pop the video in, and wow. Tears welling, silence, goose-bumps...Wow. I just lost my girlfriend, because that song isn't mine anymore...It really made me think about how powerful music is as a medium and art form. I wrote some words and music in my bedroom as a way of staying sane, about a bleak and desperate place I was in, totally isolated and alone. That winds up reinterpreted by a music legend from a radically different era/genre and still retains sincerity and meaning. Different, but every bit as pure." (on his emotions upon watching the video of Johnny Cash's cover of his song "Hurt")
    [youtube="JJTtVRW9ii4"]about (making) ghosts[/youtube]

lol the animation is so funny

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I think He's INFP.
    I can't offer any argument other than you guys would have to climb inside my head. INFPs can pretty disaplined when driven by internal need.
    It's not that I want to claim him for my own type, but as Captain Chick stated earlier, his work speaks to me like no other artists does....
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

His work speaks to me as well, but I doubt he's an INTP.
    If he was, he would have done much less work... He wouldn't have the great focus he supposedly has.
    I personally see him as either an INTJ or INFP.

MBTI
    INFP

After wading through all these comments (which I realize are old now) I think it might be helpful to bring up something my favorite English teacher always used to tell me. When we read and analyze poetry, we must do so considering the speaker's voice, and not the poet's voice.

People who write poems have the freedom to invent personas (and often do), so we must never assume that the poem itself is based exactly on the personal experience of the poet. Many poems are directly related to the poet's personal experience, but some are also a mix of personal experience with invention, or even 100% invention and 0 direct life experience. (In other words, you could write a song from the perspective of someone who's been raped without actually having been raped yourself. It would be incorrect, then, for people to assume that you, the poet, had been raped. It is your speaker, your character, who was raped.) Also, as poets mature and gain skill, they often tend to branch out and write from different perspectives.

I think this can and ought to apply to Reznor's lyrical work. My English teacher would crack us on the head if she found us trying to analyze a person's personality based on his lyrics.

Aside from that, I think it's difficult to take bits and pieces from interviews and try to determine someone's personality type. As was mentioned, none of us actually knows Trent Reznor, and we probably perceive what he's like based on what his art means to us personally.
    Last edited by Wiley45; 04-19-2009 at 11:14 PM.

I thought it was decided he was INTJ in the celebrities megathread? Seems like the best fit to me. It would certainly explain the sudden appearance of his huge physique (inferior Se + middle-aged)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    I thought it was decided he was INTJ in the celebrities megathread? Seems like the best fit to me. It would certainly explain the sudden appearance of his huge physique (inferior Se + middle-aged)
    more like being a slave to physical impules and childishly being vulneralbility
    INTJ all the way
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Anyone who says Trent's an S needs to sort their head out..pfft.
    <3