User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Thread: Trent Reznor

MBTI
    ENFP

INFP/INTP. Hard to tell, but leaning toward INFP.
    Om–ba–ara–minaya–sabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    INFP/INTP. Hard to tell, but leaning toward INFP.
    Yep
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFJ

He´s clearly a rational, Also rather extraverted.
    He´s ENTP or ENTJ

I agree that if at all possible, typing should not be done based upon lyrics.

I skimmed through this thread and also wanted to mention (although I'm sure the post was from months ago) that I don't think it's fair to make a case for or against a certain type using a video of a person in an obviously intoxicated state.

I've always got INTP from Reznor (and I've followed his career for years), possibly INTJ. Here's a very recent and low-key video of Trent. Opinions? I think he's pretty strong on all three of the INT preferences.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by theplacesyoullgo View Post
    I've always got INTP from Reznor (and I've followed his career for years), possibly INTJ. Here's a very recent and low-key video of Trent. Opinions? I think he's pretty strong on all three of the INT preferences.
    Very recent would mean over age 40, so he like nearly everyone would be rather balanced and harder to type.

Historically he's been...Well the easiest way to describe it is "ENTP," but...More impulsive, more drawn to action, more engaging, and less quality-control oriented than an INTP (Or INTJ, which again, is a laughable type sugg. for Reznor). He exhibits the common traits of ENTP musicians. Another, with relatively similar persuasions (and personality), is Sascha Konietzko of KMFDM. INTPs, when they create art, are more controlled in the task, producing that with more refined composition (Which doesn't mean better, by itself).

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Historically he's been...Well the easiest way to describe it is "ENTP," but...More impulsive, more drawn to action, more engaging, and less quality-control oriented than an INTP
    I have to disagree with that. He used to be known as a meticulous perfectionist - remember how he'd put out one album every five years or so? Not impulsive at all.

I've always thought he was quite self-contained, from those embarrassing leaked videos from the 80s to that video I linked to last night.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I have to disagree with that. He used to be known as a meticulous perfectionist - remember how he'd put out one album every five years or so? Not impulsive at all.

I've always thought he was quite self-contained, from those embarrassing leaked videos from the 80s to that video I linked to last night.
    Have you listened to The Fragile, and the one after that? I know you have. At best, half the songs are decent. And have you read any of the 500 threads on this site about "Reserved ENTPs?" Not that he's exceptionally reserved, not compared to most INTPs. Regardless, I know what an ENTP is, and what an INTP is, and Reznor's ENTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Have you listened to The Fragile, and the one after that? I know you have. At best, half the songs are decent. And have you read any of the 500 threads on this site about "Reserved ENTPs?" Not that he's exceptionally reserved, not compared to most INTPs. Regardless, I know what an ENTP is, and what an INTP is, and Reznor's ENTP.
    Yep, I have, and don't necessarily agree with your assessment; I like far over half the songs. Still, I don't think our personal judgment of an album speaks to whether the creator was a perfectionist in creating it. For all we know, he thought both of those albums were completely "5/5 stars" brilliant.

It's hard to respond to your last line because anyone could easily say the same thing. Agree to disagree, I guess. I actually know quite a few ENTPs, and he reminds me of none of them. It's interesting you've decided to flip the E/I preference from what he's normally typed as, because throughout the thread, it seems nearly all agreed on the IN but no one could reach a consensus on T vs. F and P vs. J.

Edit: Was just looking back through the thread and found this linked, in which he (verbatim) says, "I will isolate if left to my own devices." Not that one quote is "proof" of anything, but like I said, I'm going to personally stick with I for Reznor.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

navel-gazing, angst-ridden INFP
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Edit: Was just looking back through the thread and found this linked, in which he (verbatim) says, "I will isolate if left to my own devices." Not that one quote is "proof" of anything, but like I said, I'm going to personally stick with I for Reznor.
    And I had a good ENTP friend who talked about hibernating in the winter, rarely to leave home unless it was necessary, and did it too.

There hasn't been a consensus of "IN" in this thread, and I'll try never to stop correcting those who think he's anything but ENTP, not for your sakes, but the less-experienced with MBTI.