• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Little Prince

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what his type? I've seen him listed as INFP before, but is he really? Any clues on enneagram or socionics?

Here you can read the book
, it'll take a few hours at most.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
From a brief overview of the book link (didn't read all through it) the Little prince screams xNFP to me. I see lots of Fi/Ne in the book . I am not experienced in E types but at a glance I would say 6w7. (On an unrelated note this was James Deans (Yes the famous cool guy) favourite book)

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read the book as a child and it didn't interest me much. I read it again when I was older, and it really clicked on me. Not so much the values portrayed in the book, but the little prince himself. The way his mind worked; it was like reading my own thought process. I don't know what his MBTI type is, but I believe he is a LIE-Ni (not IEI/INFp nor EII/INFj), 4w3(sw3w2)-5w6(sw6w7)-8w9(sw9w1) sx/sp-sp/so. It is true that he has a lot of Ne and Fi, but he also has a load of Ni and also Te. I'm confident saying he is my identical.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I read the book as a child and it didn't interest me much. I read it again when I was older, and it really clicked on me. Not so much the values portrayed in the book, but the little prince himself. The way his mind worked; it was like reading my own thought process. I don't know what his MBTI type is, but I believe he is a LIE-Ni (not IEI/INFp nor EII/INFj), 4w3(sw3w2)-5w6(sw6w7)-8w9(sw9w1) sx/sp-sp/so. It is true that he has a lot of Ne and Fi, but he also has a load of Ni and also Te. I'm confident saying he is my identical.

One possbile theory is that he may be a ISFP with well balanced Se-Ni which can look like Ne and this would also explain the Ni-Te you see.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One possbile theory is that he may be a ISFP with well balanced Se-Ni which can look like Ne and this would also explain the Ni-Te you see.

Well, I think he is something like Ne>Ni>Fi>Te>Se>Ti>Fe>Si. Not sure how this would fit with the MBTI model, but in socionics the best fit really seems to be an ENTj (INFj could work too but he has too much Te and Se). But the function definitions in socionics differ a bit from MBTI (socionics Te is about logic and data, not pushy at all; Fi is about relationships and internal emotions, and Se is about management of territory, attack and defense, not about sensory pleasure). Since I am MBTI ENTP, I would like to type him ENTP too but it doesn't make much sense. INFP (socionics INFj) seems a better fit. Unless I am INFP too :)O).

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The reason why you relate to him may be more due to your Ennergram type than your MBTI. ENTP 4 is a unusual ennergram-MBTI combo so you may actually be a XXFP type or possibly ether 3w4 or 5w4 as 3w4 and 5w4 are more what i would expect from an ENTP.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The reason why you relate to him may be more due to your Ennergram type than your MBTI. ENTP 4 is a unusual ennergram-MBTI combo so you may actually be a XXFP type or possibly ether 3w4 or 5w4 as 3w4 and 5w4 are more what i would expect from an ENTP.

Yep, it a bit rare. I used to think I was 3w4 but after meeting several 3w4's IRL I came to the conclusion that I am not one. Perhaps I should type myself MBTI INFP for congruency (and so people don't get annoyed).

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to try enneatyping the characters in the book:

The little prince -- 4w3 sx/sp
Aviator (Saint-Exupery) -- 7w6
Rose -- 3w4
King -- 8w7
Conceited man -- 3w2
Drunkard -- 9w8
Businessman -- 1w9
Lamplighter -- 6w7
Geographer -- 5w6
Fox -- 5w4
Snake --4w5

skimpit

Off topic, but there's a kpop MV where a supposed INFP sings about The Little Prince, called simply "The Little Prince" (어린왕자). I haven't watched it (or maybe I did once) but maybe that'll tell you something about the character.