• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Harold and Maude

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
:wubbie:

I just re-watched this film and it is so fucking good!!!

I am tired so I don't feel like being detailed right now in my analysis of why it is so fucking good but I would like to know if there are any other NFs or SFs or, hell, lol, people who feel/think the same way about this inspiring, comedic, brilliant film!

Oh, and Maude, ENFP? Or is she more of an S?

And Harold, INFP? Or is he a T or a J? I cannot really tell.

Here's a link to the movie if anyone cares to watch!

:wubbie:

Watch "Harold and Maude" Movie, download Haroldandmaude - Watch Movies Online For Free Full Movie Downloads

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Ooh. This will fit snuggly in between LoTR and I Was a Fireman.

I'll be back. Has a high PSI, though, so should adore it.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ooh. This will fit snuggly in between LoTR and I Was a Fireman.

I'll be back. Has a high PSI, though, so should adore it.
o_O

I don't know what any, (most), of that means/signifies?

Should I?

I is lost, except about the statement that you should like the movie. :/

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I'll watch it tonight and tell you how much I love it.
:)

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
I'm not an NF, but this is one of my favorite movies.

Maude=ESFP

I say SP and not NF because the scenes of them together at her house always involve sensor activities--smell machine, dancing, Maude posing nude for another artist, stealing cars.

Harold=INTJ

He's a bit more difficult because INTP seems to fit too. However, his neat appearance and his amazement at Maude's spontaneity makes me say J. His morbid curiosity and love of the absurd is why I think NT and not NF.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Ah! Love this movie.

Now that I think about it, Maude is probably an ESFP, though it's hard to tell with old people.

I have no idea about Harold but probably some kind of INxx type.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Aww, I loved it.

Can't help but compare it to The Graduate. And although I didn't think it was as well rounded, what H&M had to say was more relevant to me, and, well, sweeter and funnier.

I so need a Maude.

This is really sweet:
YouTube - cat stevens- if you wanna sing out sing out

Thanks for getting me to watch it so soon, CC.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I too love this movie. How can you be fascinated with psychology and not love it? Harold INTP and Maude ESFP. [YOUTUBE="mYSjIiWuUzA"]Harold and Maude[/YOUTUBE]

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I loved this movie, even though when I first watched it I was too young to appreciate it. They actually had us watch this movie in high school...no clue why.

gomi

MBTI Type
INTP
This has been one of my favorite movies throughout my life...

I remember the first time I saw it, I was a teenager at best, and was sitting in my Grandfather's living room with my family... By the fourth faked suicide, I was laughing so hard I was almost in tears, while the rest of the family had turned their attention from the movie, to me...stone-faced. None of them 'got it'.

I have to admit that even I didn't 'get' the movie at 13. I just knew that the absurdity and outlandishness of the suicides was something I had never seen before on film (much less in real life...and was therefore interesting), and that Harold's sense of isolation was the closest thing I'd ever seen to how I felt, even as a child. :violin:

Anyway. I still watch it about once a year... And try to expose as many other people to it as I can. You'd be surprised how hard it is to get people to watch a movie that doesn't have Brad Pitt or someone comparable in it these days. Even telling of the Cat Stevens' soundtrack won't pack them in... :|

What's wrong with society?

V

violaine

Yeah, this movie is awesome... I always loved Harold's car, hehe.

heart

heart on fire
I loved "Harold and Maude" when I saw it back in Junior High, never forgot it.

If you liked Harold and Maude, you might also like "Tim", another unique type sweet love story.