• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Edgar Allen Poe

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
From little that I know about his actual human-nature, I think he may be either an INFP, INTP, or ENTP, what do you think?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I would probably favor INFP slightly, though I would love to claim him as my type (And he may have been INTP). He's incredible.

(It's "Allan," btw)

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
INP all right.

The writers in the world without mental health problems are INJ's :D

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
I wonder if Dostoevsky read Poe's "William Wilson" ( inspired by Washington Irving ) and was, in turn, inspired by it before writing the Kafka-like story "The Double" ? I suppose Jung could have had a field day with all the "Shadow as Doppelganger" stuff going on.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
INTP for sure. Most his stories that I've read were prototypically INTP; they explored the logical possiblities and logical nature of how something worked or how a series of events transpired. He is almost portrayed as this dark INFP or INFJ, but I was shocked that his works I read didn't reflect that at all. Unless he became an INFP as he grew older and I was reading earlier works, there is no doubt in my mind about INTP.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
INTP for sure. Most his stories that I've read were prototypically INTP
I think I was hesitant to call him INTP just because he's a poet, which is odd, since I've written poetry myself, and like Poe's it's very "by the book" when it comes to meter and rhyme.

I vote INTP now.

dorareever

MBTI Type
INFP
I might agree about INTP. Actually what I really appreciate in his tales is the strain of the logical mind trying to barely control the horror of the unknown.

His poetry is more NF-ish though IMHO. Might be an INTP with well developed Fi and Fe, or a very cerebral INFP. *scratches head*

T

ThatGirl

I say ENTP, if you read his stories he is very clever. Usually bold, or keenly observant.

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
I think that he is INTJ. The introversion and the intuition is obiously. He is more rational that sentimental, his tales are a reflection of the logic of his personality, used, sometimes, in order to explain "paranormal or fantastic acts (if You have read "The Murders in the Rue Morgue", it is a perfect mix of rationality and imagination typical of an INTJ). Futhermore, i think that poe is J by the number of hidden criticism in his works.

MBTI Type
INTJ
ESTP all the way. Check it out:

funny-captions-edgar-allen-bro-presents.jpg

T

ThatGirl

I say ENTP, if you read his stories he is very clever. Usually bold, or keenly observant.

Ha I would like to point out I called him an ENTP, because at the time I was an ENTP, and I related to his analysis.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ 4w5 Sx/So...and a total loser :yes:

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Anyone who marries their teenage cousin can't be a total loser...

article-0-015CF78800000578-471_468x589.jpg