• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Introvert Doodles Blogger - correctly typed?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I follow this introvert blogger called "Introvert Doodles" on social media. She is quite popular, and I like some of her work, but sometimes her cuteness annoys me, and she often conflates what I see as Si preferences with introversion. I admit I assumed she was ISFJ, because I see her as extremely Si and no sign of Fi for miles, as far as my understanding of type goes.

Lo and behold - she types as INFP. Big shocker...an introvert who is sensitive and creative types as INFP....

I have to admit, I am not surprised, and yet, it reinforces lingering doubts about my type I have due to how other people type. Is this a case of "ISFJ - the people's INFP?" .

*I don't know if this is the best forum for this thread :shrug: . Mods, feel free to move it if it belongs somewhere else.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Dominant introverted sensing represents an inherent mistrust in environmental cues. Going further, I think dom Si see an inverted reality pieced together gradually, like a Picasso. In isfj 6s as you're undoubtedly aware, you get this Si-Ti loop that spins its wheels, without any real traction made. Video would help confirm isfj, certain about e6 though. Most certainly not self pres dominant.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I follow this introvert blogger called "Introvert Doodles" on social media. She is quite popular, and I like some of her work, but sometimes her cuteness annoys me, and she often conflates what I see as Si preferences with introversion. I admit I assumed she was ISFJ, because I see her as extremely Si and no sign of Fi for miles, as far as my understanding of type goes.

Lo and behold - she types as INFP. Big shocker...an introvert who is sensitive and creative types as INFP....

I have to admit, I am not surprised, and yet, it reinforces lingering doubts about my type I have due to how other people type. Is this a case of "ISFJ - the people's INFP?" .

*I don't know if this is the best forum for this thread :shrug: . Mods, feel free to move it if it belongs somewhere else.

No, I think you're probably right. She doesn't seem like an INFP to me. And I'm not exactly perfect at typing or understanding functions myself, so perhaps in comparison I'm a bit more of a newbie, but I think there are far too many self-professed INFPs on the internet. And I'm not saying that many of them are purposefully lying or anything like that, I think that's possible but uncommon. Rather, the prevalence of quick Facebook quizzes you can take in five minutes and post on your blog leads anybody who even remotely considers themselves creative, introverted, and unsociable to get that result. Especially thanks to the poor wording and stereotypical conclusions that most of them involve.

I have to admit, while some of these are sort of cute, their lack of depth and typical "I'm an introvert lets hide in blankets and pet cats" mentality is kind of annoying. I do relate to it, yes, I'm sure I've done many of the things that she draws, but too much of this sort of thing irritates me to no end. There's nothing wrong with making them, I'm sure she's a sweet lady, but yeah. Definitely strikes me as far more ISFJ-ish.

As far as you being unsure of yourself, I've gone through those phases as well. Those times where because I struggle to relate to a lot of other ordinary people with my type because they seem so fluffy and materialistic-minded, I wonder if I've typed myself properly. I've even considered INTJ before, though ultimately I don't think that's correct and INFP fits me and my patterns of thinking far better than anything else does.

So I don't think you're wrong. You probably are an INFP. Case in point, my brain is constantly over-analyzing things to the point where others point it out as something that frustrates them. They don't like how serious I can come across. Really no one I've ever met would see me as a fuzzy person who likes hugs. I am seen as the nerdy, anti-social kid with glasses who sits in the corner drawing quite a lot, but again that's not an impression or gathered set of knowledge given by anybody who really knows me. I've also been seen as cold and unemotional, someone who doesn't really feel all that much. Which is completely false, on the inside I'm more intensely emotional than most people I've ever met. Which isn't a matter of bragging, just a simple fact I've learned from continual experience.

Once more, I'm not saying that any of this is wrong. However, I believe that there is a tendency for people who don't self-reflect all that much yet still want to know about themselves to take the aforementioned quizzes and leave it at that. Whenever I bring up Myers Briggs in real life, there's a short-term interest, but nothing to the extent that I've taken it. In which it has been a long-term obsession lasting over five years. There are of course exceptions to this, I wouldn't say that this applies to everyone, but it's definitely something I've noticed and been concerned with.

I also sometimes wonder if Ne makes it difficult for INFPs to come to a valid conclusion about themselves, since their idea of themselves and the world around them is constantly changing and being adapted thanks to the constant information-gathering and associations that their brains make. So perhaps your uncertainty and desire to set yourself apart from others is in itself confirmation of your type? Just a thought.

Anyway, I hope none of this comes across as too harsh, and I found what you had to say was really interesting.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Skimming, I would agree on ISFJ, there's definitely the acute awareness as to what is endearing and generally acceptable from those portrayals of introversion as is characteristic of the people's NFP. Personally, it's something I cannot relate to.

Then again, my original societal context is much less nice than the American people's NFP producing sort. In that way I don’t feel I was given a good enough shot at the people’s NFP.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dominant introverted sensing represents an inherent mistrust in environmental cues. Going further, I think dom Si see an inverted reality pieced together gradually, like a Picasso. In isfj 6s as you're undoubtedly aware, you get this Si-Ti loop that spins its wheels, without any real traction made. Video would help confirm isfj, certain about e6 though. Most certainly not self pres dominant.

I thought social 9 but really didn't think deeply about her enneatype. :shrug:

Her cute, cuddly presentation of misanthropy seems more 6ish though, yeah.

[MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] is this chick relatable at all?
I see a creative, imaginative ISFJ going with the INFP label because of certain ISFJ stereotypes....and that awful, awful test at 16personalities.

No, I think you're probably right. She doesn't seem like an INFP to me. And I'm not exactly perfect at typing or understanding functions myself, so perhaps in comparison I'm a bit more of a newbie, but I think there are far too many self-professed INFPs on the internet. And I'm not saying that many of them are purposefully lying or anything like that, I think that's possible but uncommon. Rather, the prevalence of quick Facebook quizzes you can take in five minutes and post on your blog leads anybody who even remotely considers themselves creative, introverted, and unsociable to get that result. Especially thanks to the poor wording and stereotypical conclusions that most of them involve.

I have to admit, while some of these are sort of cute, their lack of depth and typical "I'm an introvert lets hide in blankets and pet cats" mentality is kind of annoying. I do relate to it, yes, I'm sure I've done many of the things that she draws, but too much of this sort of thing irritates me to no end. There's nothing wrong with making them, I'm sure she's a sweet lady, but yeah. Definitely strikes me as far more ISFJ-ish.

Yeah, this is my increasing feeling towards her cartoons, but I want to emphasize that I have no intent to tear her or her work down with this thread. I follow her because I like her cartoons. I think (what I see as) her Si perspective is interesting (even if it can grate on me at times), and I admire the ability to turn her doodles into something people follow.

As far as you being unsure of yourself, I've gone through those phases as well. Those times where because I struggle to relate to a lot of other ordinary people with my type because they seem so fluffy and materialistic-minded, I wonder if I've typed myself properly. I've even considered INTJ before, though ultimately I don't think that's correct and INFP fits me and my patterns of thinking far better than anything else does.

So I don't think you're wrong. You probably are an INFP. Case in point, my brain is constantly over-analyzing things to the point where others point it out as something that frustrates them. They don't like how serious I can come across. Really no one I've ever met would see me as a fuzzy person who likes hugs. I am seen as the nerdy, anti-social kid with glasses who sits in the corner drawing quite a lot, but again that's not an impression or gathered set of knowledge given by anybody who really knows me. I've also been seen as cold and unemotional, someone who doesn't really feel all that much. Which is completely false, on the inside I'm more intensely emotional than most people I've ever met. Which isn't a matter of bragging, just a simple fact I've learned from continual experience.

Once more, I'm not saying that any of this is wrong. However, I believe that there is a tendency for people who don't self-reflect all that much yet still want to know about themselves to take the aforementioned quizzes and leave it at that. Whenever I bring up Myers Briggs in real life, there's a short-term interest, but nothing to the extent that I've taken it. In which it has been a long-term obsession lasting over five years. There are of course exceptions to this, I wouldn't say that this applies to everyone, but it's definitely something I've noticed and been concerned with.

I also sometimes wonder if Ne makes it difficult for INFPs to come to a valid conclusion about themselves, since their idea of themselves and the world around them is constantly changing and being adapted thanks to the constant information-gathering and associations that their brains make. So perhaps your uncertainty and desire to set yourself apart from others is in itself confirmation of your type? Just a thought.

Anyway, I hope none of this comes across as too harsh, and I found what you had to say was really interesting.

I greatly appreciate this, actually :hug: <--- against-type? ;P
This is relatable to me.

In contrast, I feel like if this chick is INFP (along with all the other "People's INFPs), then I am some horribly defective INFP. It seems super dramatic, but it feels like "not fitting" AGAIN - a reoccuring theme in life. Do I need fo hand in my feeling label because I'm a chilly bitch compared to this cartoonist?

I sometimes wonder if my sense of deeper understanding of all this theory is just a delusion on my part. Like, am I the one not getting it? But going 'round and 'round, INFP fits best because I am way too emotionally driven to be the INTP I test as, just NOT Ni-dom and too Fe-tarded to be IxFJ, as well as too, er, cerebral to be ISFP.

Then I think....well, there are only 16 types, so maybe this is just a variety of INFP...the lucky variety. :dry:

So I have envy issues here too....I feel resentment at seeing people wear this INFP badge and they're just so readily embraced without any of the downsides that go with being an INFP. Then I think maybe it is cuz they are 9s, and I am viewing things too much from a 4 view; but the IxFP 9s I know, while more readily endearing to people, still have this connection to the darker side of emotions; they are still not afraid of, IDK, messiness or rawness ( [MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] true? ). It is hard to put my finger on.....which is why I couldn't just deem this cartoonist a 9 version of INFP and set it to rest.

Skimming, I would agree on ISFJ, there's definitely the acute awareness as to what is endearing and generally acceptable from those portrayals of introversion as is characteristic of the people's NFP. Personally, it's something I cannot relate to.

Then again, my original societal context is much less nice than the American people's NFP producing sort. In that way I don’t feel I was given a good enough shot at the people’s NFP.

You're just too hardcore, unapologetic Fe. You don't need no stinkin NFP badges - nuh uh. Go on wit yo ESFJ bad self.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
In contrast, I feel like if this chick is INFP (along with all the other "People's INFPs), then I am some horribly defective INFP. It seems super dramatic, but it feels like "not fitting" AGAIN - a reoccuring theme in life. Do I need to hand in my feeling label because I'm a chilly bitch compared to this cartoonist?

Nah, I just think a LOT of people mistype, especially it seems as INFP these days. I've been pondering on this for a while. It's almost the easiest mistype, somehow.

Then I think....well, there are only 16 types, so maybe this is just a variety of INFP...the lucky variety.

Of course you're lucky. Smart, gorgeous, deep - you are the whole package!

So I have envy issues here too....I feel resentment at seeing people wear this INFP badge and they're just so readily embraced without any of the downsides that go with being an INFP. Then I think maybe it is cuz they are 9s, and I am viewing things too much from a 4 view; but the IxFP 9s I know, while more readily endearing to people, still have this connection to the darker side of emotions; they are still not afraid of, IDK, messiness or rawness ( [MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] true? ). It is hard to put my finger on.....which is why I couldn't just deem this cartoonist a 9 version of INFP and set it to rest.

Do I seem like I'm afraid of messiness or rawness? ;) :D

Thanks for the introduction to these cartoons. I looked at a few and it seems that this person has an anxiety disorder rather than a case of 9ness, introversion or INFPness specifically. I'm not sure why introversion these days is being so highly conflated with the fear of interaction - they are distinct and separate. Plenty of introverts navigate the world without significant anxiety or panic. And yes, certain interactions can be draining, but I'm kind of concerned that this strip is trying to normalize something that's not about introversion really at all, it's about fear. Anyways ... back to reading.

Alright, I've read like 30 or them now, this is mostly fluffy bunny cutesy stuff, very non-threatening, I relate to some of it but more from an anxiety perspective. Nothing here speaks to me from an INFP perspective, so I would not guess this person to be INFP, not seeing INFP thinking patterns. The Dr Pepper excuse strip - that made me chuckle - but that was it.

At any rate, I hear you and send you a :hug: you are special to me.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Uh oh....the blogger found my identical post on PerC and made a reply....slightly awkward :horror:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Uh oh....the blogger found my identical post on PerC and made a reply....slightly awkward :horror:

It's a small world! That would feel startling to see a reply ... I'm heading over to take a look!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What did they say?

She wasn't mad or defensive, although she stated her work doesn't fully represent her personality and also is not intended to only be about introversion (fair enough). I had said nice things as well, although my criticisms were echoed by others, and that probably is not the most pleasant thing to hear. Still, any professional artist has to know how to take criticism.

She admitted she had never taken the official MBTI and it seems her knowledge is limited to the 16personalities site, so maybe she'll investigate further. :shrug:

I feel seedy discussing her further though....

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
She wasn't mad or defensive, although she stated her work doesn't fully represent her personality and also is not intended to only be about introversion (fair enough). I had said nice things as well, although my criticisms were echoed by others, and that probably is not the most pleasant thing to hear. Still, any professional artist has to know how to take criticism.

She admitted she had never taken the official MBTI and it seems her knowledge is limited to the 16personalities site, so maybe she'll investigate further. :shrug:

I feel seedy discussing her further though....

Maybe she'll pop over here and get chatty too ... I was happy to see she mentioned anxiety, since that's the strongest feel I get from her work. And her entry to the thread was gracious, considering that bits and pieces of the replies could be hard to read about oneself in the third person and evoke some distress. Perhaps the discussion will continue and she will learn more about typology and the enneagram as well, could be interesting!

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[...]
Thanks for the introduction to these cartoons. I looked at a few and it seems that this person has an anxiety disorder rather than a case of 9ness, introversion or INFPness specifically. I'm not sure why introversion these days is being so highly conflated with the fear of interaction - they are distinct and separate. Plenty of introverts navigate the world without significant anxiety or panic. And yes, certain interactions can be draining, but I'm kind of concerned that this strip is trying to normalize something that's not about introversion really at all, it's about fear. Anyways ... back to reading.

Alright, I've read like 30 or them now, this is mostly fluffy bunny cutesy stuff, very non-threatening, I relate to some of it but more from an anxiety perspective. Nothing here speaks to me from an INFP perspective, so I would not guess this person to be INFP, not seeing INFP thinking patterns. The Dr Pepper excuse strip - that made me chuckle - but that was it. [...]

Yeah, I had run into them on facebook and found them charming, but found there content to be a lot about social anxiety (which I have on top of introversion).

I also find it a little irritating when people conflate shyness/social-anxiety with introversion. Still, I do think it's interesting that one may potentially lead to the other... for example, introversion may make certain kind of social situations overwhelming, which may in turn lead to negative experiences that eventually cause social anxiety.

[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] Hope she took it well!

Update: Sounds like she did.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also find it a little irritating when people conflate shyness/social-anxiety with introversion. Still, I do think it's interesting that one may potentially lead to the other... for example, introversion may make certain kind of social situations overwhelming, which may in turn lead to negative experiences that eventually cause social anxiety.

I totally agree with this... I have struggled with shyness, but it is not quite social anxiety. I don't have a chatty, worrying mind. I don't run through "what ifs" or feel panicky.

Enneagram really helped me define it more as shame-driven over fear-driven. I am not scared of unknowns or even of other people...I feel "not good enough" and ashamed for not being the ideal I think I should be, and so I hold back so as to not impose myself on others or make a fool of myself. Recognizing it was shame-driven helped me address it better. It is more like inhibition and withdrawal than timidity.

That was not my main reason for questioning the type of the blogger though....which I now feel creepy for talking about, as they're no longer just some author removed from the typology communities. It's like when Vicky Jo's husband (or suspected as such) showed up to defend her :horror:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] I related to a lot of that blog post, and I'm not even an introvert. Some of it struck me as pretentious towards extroverts and even inaccurate (you wouldn't understand" or "extroverts rule, introverts create").

Nothing she says goes against ISFJ. It seems more likely than INFP.

And lots of her introvert stuff seems like Socionics Si. I used to think I was an introvert because I'm big on comfort, sleeping in, Netflix, warm fuzzies, overeating, and tranquil environments. I would rather cuddle up with a good book than go to a wild party, generally. I value my comfort and I'm in tune with how my environment influences my mood. All those comfy things are associated with introversion even though they really aren't. I definitely gain my energy from social interaction, think out loud, bounce my ideas off others in order to understand them (processing in my head is difficult), usually talk rather than listen, open up quickly...all the E stuff. It's just that introversion and Si aren't synonymous like some people think.

I just parroted what you said, sorry. But yeah, that's my perspective.