• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite examples of your MBTI-type in fiction

VeniVidiVertigo

MBTI Type
Entj
Enneagram
3w4
Any fictional character you like. Write down one or more examples of your type AND (i you can come up with any) characters sharing the Type of the person ABOVE you:
(It doesnt matter if the typing isnt spot on and anyone can post multiple times)

ENTJ

Maximus Decimus Meridius - Gladiator
Nucky Thompson - Boardwalk Empire

Brylif

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Among my favorite INTPs are:

Velma Dinkley
Luna Lovegood
Alice Kingsley

(If I'm wrong about their types, sorry!)

The only ENTJ I can think of at the moment is Eric Cartman. XD

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Fave ENFPs:
Piper Chapman from Orange is the New Black
d9084907-7a95-4be8-88e1-4e8e4039a986.gif

Vriska Serket from Homestuck
latest

Joy from Inside Out
giphy.gif

I WANT MORE MORALLY AMBIGUOUS ENFP CHARACTERS IN MEDIA. *BANGING POTS TOGETHER* I WANT MORE ENFP VILLAINS WHO AREN'T ONLY VILLAINS DUE TO UNHEALTHY INFERIOR SI *BLASTING SEVERAL AIRHORNS* ENFPS CAN BE BAD PEOPLE AND TERTIARY TE IS A POWERFUL MOTHERFUCKER. *BREAKING FURNITURE* STOP TYPING FICTIONAL ENFPS AS ENTJ OR ESFP OR ENTP JUST BECAUSE THEY AREN'T NICE. *HURTING SMALL CHILDREN* NOT ALL ENFPS ARE BUBBLY COMIC RELIEF CHARACTERS WHO REFUSE TO LISTEN TO RATIONAL IDEAS. *SETTING THINGS ON FIRE* AND IF THEY ARE BUBBLY COMIC RELIEF CHARACTERS WHO REFUSE TO LISTEN TO RATIONAL IDEAS, THAT DOESN'T SUDDENLY MAKE THEM AN ESFP. *SCREECHING*

ENFPS HAVE TERTIARY TE WHICH GIVES THEM ROOM TO BE SOME OF THE COOLEST VILLAINS EVER BUT NOOOOOOOOO INFERIOR SI HAS TO BE THE EMPHASIS BECAUSE ENFPS HAVE TO BE SWEET AND REDEEMABLE, OTHERWISE THEY'RE JUST 'DUMB, DISPENSABLE ESFPS'. EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE AN ENFP BUT NOBODY WANNA BE AN ENFP.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Brylif

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm pretty sure Joy is an ENFJ, actually. Bing Bong is an ENFP though.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i would really like to claim daria, but she seem more like an intx with j leanings...

tumblr_n2emcjemuf1t22647o1_1280.jpg

i guess i will go with the main character in the butterfly revolution... he Could be intj also, but he comes across as an intp in my opinion...

post script:

i did some poking about the internet after i posted this and it seems to be widely accepted that worf is an intp... i find that very interesting, but as a kid i always thought data was the most like me of the people on television...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Corky from Life Goes On

The titular character from Ken Park

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm pretty sure Joy is an ENFJ, actually. Bing Bong is an ENFP though.

I argue that Joy is an ENFP because she is constantly forming new ideas and creative ways to keep Riley happy (Ne), she has strong values that and eternal drive that dictates how she sees right vs wrong (Fi), she has a very straightfoward and hands-on approach to solving problems (Te), and she is attached to past experiences to the point of causing the plot's major conflict.

The story wasn't just of Riley understanding that it's okay to be sad. It was also Joy learning that sometimes you have to let the things you are attached to change. You can't live in the past. Seeing an ENFP like Joy in media is both refreshing and typical. It's refreshing, because it depicted a ENFP with a problem, how it hurt herself and others, and her steps towards developing her inferior function. At the same time, it is very typical, because most ENFPs that go through an arc that involves developing their Si (Mabel Pines, Peter Pan, Ice King, Anna, etc).

Brylif

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I argue that Joy is an ENFP because she is constantly forming new ideas and creative ways to keep Riley happy (Ne), she has strong values that and eternal drive that dictates how she sees right vs wrong (Fi), she has a very straightfoward and hands-on approach to solving problems (Te), and she is attached to past experiences to the point of causing the plot's major conflict.

The story wasn't just of Riley understanding that it's okay to be sad. It was also Joy learning that sometimes you have to let the things you are attached to change. You can't live in the past. Seeing an ENFP like Joy in media is both refreshing and typical. It's refreshing, because it depicted a ENFP with a problem, how it hurt herself and others, and her steps towards developing her inferior function. At the same time, it is very typical, because most ENFPs that go through an arc that involves developing their Si (Mabel Pines, Peter Pan, Ice King, Anna, etc).

She's far too organized and bossy to be an ENFP. Here's the post I read that points more to ENFJ for Joy: Fictional Character MBTI
- Inside Out

Also, Anna is an ESFP, not an ENFP. She's more about experiences than ideas.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
She's far too organized and bossy to be an ENFP. Here's the post I read that points more to ENFJ for Joy: Fictional Character MBTI
- Inside Out

Also, Anna is an ESFP, not an ENFP. She's more about experiences than ideas.

Isn't that tumblr blog infamous for basing their typing on stereotypes? (That's not to diss them, genuine question.) They also don't go into functions, which is a real big red flag for me. MBTI is about functions, not behavior or type descriptions. I can't think of one moment in Inside Out where Joy expresses inferior Ti. Also, ENFPs can totally be organized and bossy (the latter is actually a pretty common characteristic for ENFPs.)

(Edit: I promise I didn't think I would type this much out, I am just really passionate.)

Anna is an ENFP and she is HIGHLY idealistic. She is such a textbook ENFP, it hurts. I am pretty sure she is the only actual ENFP Disney Princess (with Repunzel being a loose exception? I pinned her as an ESFJ but there are a lot of people who think xNFP with valid arguments). I loved Frozen, cause I'm a loser, so I spent a LOT of time considering this. Anna is an 7w8 ENFP sx/so.

Anna as a child is very adventurous and curious. She is constantly asking questions. When her mind is wiped and Elsa suddenly stops hanging out with her, she is devastated and confused. While I am against typing people before they hit puberty, we can see the start of her functional preferences. Anna starts to develop a habit, a routine, when speaking with Elsa through the door. From the tune she would knock to, to the question she would ask, she is adapting. I think a young person with dominant Se would adapt in an opposite way. Instead of trying new ways to break that wall, an ESxP would avoid it all together. But again, typing children is like assigning a career to an infant.

Here's a good comparison between an ENFP and an ESFP. When Anna starts to feel trapped and wants to meet new people outside the castle walls, she impatiently waits it out while being antsy and coming up with scenarios that she can't wait to happen. When Ariel starts to feel trapped and wants to meet new people outside the castle walls, she rebels and focuses on the present tense of her feelings. "Someday..." vs "It's now or never."

Instead of going "This is happening now", in the song For the First Time in Forever, the main gist of Anna's thoughts and concerns are "This has been long overdue, I can't wait for my dreams to come true*". Hell, the name of the song is "For the First Time in Forever", which has a heavy implication of past tense thinking.

The window is open, so's that door
I didn't know they did that anymore
Who knew we owned eight thousand salad plates?

For years I've roamed these empty halls
Why have a ballroom with no balls?
Finally they're opening up the gates

There'll be actual real live people
It'll be totally strange
But wow, am I so ready for this change

'Cause for the first time in forever
There'll be music, there'll be light
For the first time in forever
I'll be dancing through the night

Don't know if I'm elated or gassy
But I'm somewhere in that zone
Cause for the first time in forever
I won't be alone

You can also tell that she has extremely high hopes and expectations for all the possibilities to come. Meeting people, dancing, good times that she has been hoping for years to happen. The song then goes deeper into those ideas.

I can't wait to meet everyone! (gasp)
What if I meet... the one?

Tonight imagine me gown and all
Fetchingly draped against the wall
The picture of sophisticated grace
Ooh! I suddenly see him standing there
A beautiful stranger, tall and fair

I wanna stuff some chocolate in my face

But then we laugh and talk all evening,
Which is totally bizarre
Nothing like the life I've had so far

There'll be magic, there'll be fun
I could be noticed by someone

And I know it is totally crazy
To dream I'd find romance
But for the first time in forever
At least I've got a chance​

That seems pretty idealistic to me. Anna has been so used to being by herself (Si) that she is bursting with possible ideas about this perfect night featuring this perfect stranger (Ne) and perfectly falling in love (Fi). Then she meets Hans and the song Love is an Open Door occurs.

All my life has been a series of doors in my face
And then suddenly I bumped into you​

First lines of the song and we are already seeing that inferior Si is going to be this girl's downfall.

Say goodbye

To the pain of the past
We don't have to feel it any more

Love is an open door
Love is an open door
Life can be so much more

With you

One word that people use to describe ENFPs but rarely use to describe ESFPs is unrealistic. ESFPs are extremely practical, it's how they get away with poor planning. An ESFP wouldn't set their alarm for the next morning, but they also wouldn't jump to schedule anything at 6am either. The closest thing to inferior Ni we see with Anna is getting married to a stranger, but that's more fueled by the possibilities of Hans character that Anna is choosing to pursue rather than the immediate sensation of marriage. Which is a great segway because the rest of the movie highlights her Te.

When Elsa disproves of Anna's engagement, Anna is defensive and inquisitive. She grabs Elsa's hand and starts asking questions, demanding some level of reasoning. This is an example of Fi guided Te protecting Si when Ne feels threatened. "I can't live like this anymore! What did I ever do to you? Why? Why do you shut me out? Why do you shut the world out? What are you so afraid of?!" The tertiary function is a defensive one. So Te, this cold efficiency driven function, as a defense mechanism is going to make an ExFP willing to take risks and unwilling to give up without satisfaction.

Elsa fleeing the scene prompts Anna to go after her. She initially refuses any help and is focused on going from point A to B. Ignoring the practicality of it, she rushes off to find her sister. I am going to skip over parts of her interacting with Kristoff and Olaf because I'll be repeating the same points. She's idealistic and good on her toes, when she has a goal, it's hard to deter her, and she has a bad time moving on from things despite having her head in the clouds. These features are why she is so "adorkable".

Moving onto to her confrontation with Elsa in her ice palace, I want to bring up that the scene we get in the final movie (which features the reprise of For the First Time in Forever) is not how it was originally supposed to go. The original storyboard featured a song called Life's Too Short and instead of Anna tactlessly using her Fi to make Elsa feel more scared, she gives Elsa a non-apology which causes them to argue. Not only do I think the song is better than the reprise because it's an actual duet between Elsa and Anna, but it's a better insight on both of them as characters and would've better suited the type of story Anna's B-plot was trying to tell. This response is already inappropriately too long, so I won't break down that song and where the functions come in, but just know the song is super passive aggressive and that in itself is super ENFP.

Again, I risk repeating myself so I am going to stop ranting and raving. To emphasize my points that Anna is a ENFP, here is a video that show her functions in motion. I don't agree with certain places that the put some functions, but it is overall right. It is pretty good and I honestly think that I am going to make videos of this same format one day.

Sorry to basically unleash that rant on you but it angers me when ENFPs get mistyped because of stereotypes as opposed to a consideration of all their functions. Sometimes within the MBTI community, it seems like if a character is sociable, then the thing that determines their type is perceived intelligence, which is insulting. (Why do xSxP characters have to prove their intelligence while any Intuitive characters can't be Intuitive if they aren't smart?)

If need be, I will gladly go in depth on why Joy is an ENFP. And if you want, I also have an argument for why I think newer adaptations of The Great Gatsby portray him as an unhealthy ENFP when he is really just an INTJ with ill intent.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"The Red Capes are coming! The Red Capes are coming!"

Character: inquisitive, ambitious, philosophical, laid back snarking demeanor, quick thinking, taunting (only all that turned into a villainous entp figure)
Actor: more like an INTP far as I can tell in mannerisms and speech, awkwardness, but a bit detached

I'd say he covers both bases for me. I could identify in some less extreme ways, and quite enjoyed the character.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Favorite fictional INFJ: Atticus Finch.

Brylif

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Isn't that tumblr blog infamous for basing their typing on stereotypes? (That's not to diss them, genuine question.) They also don't go into functions, which is a real big red flag for me. MBTI is about functions, not behavior or type descriptions. I can't think of one moment in Inside Out where Joy expresses inferior Ti. Also, ENFPs can totally be organized and bossy (the latter is actually a pretty common characteristic for ENFPs.)

(Edit: I promise I didn't think I would type this much out, I am just really passionate.)

Anna is an ENFP and she is HIGHLY idealistic. She is such a textbook ENFP, it hurts. I am pretty sure she is the only actual ENFP Disney Princess (with Repunzel being a loose exception? I pinned her as an ESFJ but there are a lot of people who think xNFP with valid arguments). I loved Frozen, cause I'm a loser, so I spent a LOT of time considering this. Anna is an 7w8 ENFP sx/so.

Anna as a child is very adventurous and curious. She is constantly asking questions. When her mind is wiped and Elsa suddenly stops hanging out with her, she is devastated and confused. While I am against typing people before they hit puberty, we can see the start of her functional preferences. Anna starts to develop a habit, a routine, when speaking with Elsa through the door. From the tune she would knock to, to the question she would ask, she is adapting. I think a young person with dominant Se would adapt in an opposite way. Instead of trying new ways to break that wall, an ESxP would avoid it all together. But again, typing children is like assigning a career to an infant.

Here's a good comparison between an ENFP and an ESFP. When Anna starts to feel trapped and wants to meet new people outside the castle walls, she impatiently waits it out while being antsy and coming up with scenarios that she can't wait to happen. When Ariel starts to feel trapped and wants to meet new people outside the castle walls, she rebels and focuses on the present tense of her feelings. "Someday..." vs "It's now or never."

Instead of going "This is happening now", in the song For the First Time in Forever, the main gist of Anna's thoughts and concerns are "This has been long overdue, I can't wait for my dreams to come true*". Hell, the name of the song is "For the First Time in Forever", which has a heavy implication of past tense thinking.

The window is open, so's that door
I didn't know they did that anymore
Who knew we owned eight thousand salad plates?

For years I've roamed these empty halls
Why have a ballroom with no balls?
Finally they're opening up the gates

There'll be actual real live people
It'll be totally strange
But wow, am I so ready for this change

'Cause for the first time in forever
There'll be music, there'll be light
I'll be dancing through the night

Don't know if I'm elated or gassy
But I'm somewhere in that zone
Cause for the first time in forever
I won't be alone

You can also tell that she has extremely high hopes and expectations for all the possibilities to come. Meeting people, dancing, good times that she has been hoping for years to happen. The song then goes deeper into those ideas.

I can't wait to meet everyone! (gasp)
What if I meet... the one?

Tonight imagine me gown and all
Fetchingly draped against the wall
The picture of sophisticated grace
Ooh! I suddenly see him standing there
A beautiful stranger, tall and fair

I wanna stuff some chocolate in my face

But then we laugh and talk all evening,
Which is totally bizarre
Nothing like the life I've had so far

There'll be magic, there'll be fun
I could be noticed by someone

And I know it is totally crazy
To dream I'd find romance
But for the first time in forever
At least I've got a chance​

That seems pretty idealistic to me. Anna has been so used to being by herself (Si) that she is bursting with possible ideas about this perfect night featuring this perfect stranger (Ne) and perfectly falling in love (Fi). Then she meets Hans and the song Love is an Open Door occurs.

All my life has been a series of doors in my face
And then suddenly I bumped into you​

First lines of the song and we are already seeing that inferior Si is going to be this girl's downfall.

Say goodbye

To the pain of the past
We don't have to feel it any more

Love is an open door
Love is an open door
Life can be so much more

With you

One word that people use to describe ENFPs but rarely use to describe ESFPs is unrealistic. ESFPs are extremely practical, it's how they get away with poor planning. An ESFP wouldn't set their alarm for the next morning, but they also wouldn't jump to schedule anything at 6am either. The closest thing to inferior Ni we see with Anna is getting married to a stranger, but that's more fueled by the possibilities of Hans character that Anna is choosing to pursue rather than the immediate sensation of marriage. Which is a great segway because the rest of the movie highlights her Te.

When Elsa disproves of Anna's engagement, Anna is defensive and inquisitive. She grabs Elsa's hand and starts asking questions, demanding some level of reasoning. This is an example of Fi guided Te protecting Si when Ne feels threatened. "I can't live like this anymore! What did I ever do to you? Why? Why do you shut me out? Why do you shut the world out? What are you so afraid of?!" The tertiary function is a defensive one. So Te, this cold efficiency driven function, as a defense mechanism is going to make an ExFP willing to take risks and unwilling to give up without satisfaction.

Elsa fleeing the scene prompts Anna to go after her. She initially refuses any help and is focused on going from point A to B. Ignoring the practicality of it, she rushes off to find her sister. I am going to skip over parts of her interacting with Kristoff and Olaf because I'll be repeating the same points. She's idealistic and good on her toes, when she has a goal, it's hard to deter her, and she has a bad time moving on from things despite having her head in the clouds. These features are why she is so "adorkable".

Moving onto to her confrontation with Elsa in her ice palace, I want to bring up that the scene we get in the final movie (which features the reprise of For the First Time in Forever) is not how it was originally supposed to go. The original storyboard featured a song called Life's Too Short and instead of Anna tactlessly using her Fi to make Elsa feel more scared, she gives Elsa a non-apology which causes them to argue. Not only do I think the song is better than the reprise because it's an actual duet between Elsa and Anna, but it's a better insight on both of them as characters and would've better suited the type of story Anna's B-plot was trying to tell. This response is already inappropriately too long, so I won't break down that song and where the functions come in, but just know the song is super passive aggressive and that in itself is super ENFP.

Again, I risk repeating myself so I am going to stop ranting and raving. To emphasize my points that Anna is a ENFP, here is a video that show her functions in motion. I don't agree with certain places that the put some functions, but it is overall right. It is pretty good and I honestly think that I am going to make videos of this same format one day.

Sorry to basically unleash that rant on you but it angers me when ENFPs get mistyped because of stereotypes as opposed to a consideration of all their functions. Sometimes within the MBTI community, it seems like if a character is sociable, then the thing that determines their type is perceived intelligence, which is insulting. (Why do xSxP characters have to prove their intelligence while any Intuitive characters can't be Intuitive if they aren't smart?)

If need be, I will gladly go in depth on why Joy is an ENFP. And if you want, I also have an argument for why I think newer adaptations of The Great Gatsby portray him as an unhealthy ENFP when he is really just an INTJ with ill intent.

Wow...okay first off, I know all about the cognitive functions and all that. That's actually what led me to suspect ENFJ for Joy in the first place. The fact that she's so action oriented and her one goal is to keep Riley happy along with her ideas to do so seemed more Fe supported by Ni to me. I just found that page and the description sounded a lot like her.

Anyway, it seems you're a little...touchy about this. I think I'm just going to leave this alone. Agree to disagree.

Edit: Also I will give you props for being so thorough. XD

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
FWIW - I think Joy is an ESFJ. Whether she's S or N she's like...textbook Fe to me.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
FWIW - I think Joy is an ESFJ. Whether she's S or N she's like...textbook Fe to me.
Wow...okay first off, I know all about the cognitive functions and all that. That's actually what led me to suspect ENFJ for Joy in the first place. The fact that she's so action oriented and her one goal is to keep Riley happy along with her ideas to do so seemed more Fe supported by Ni to me.

I'm not trying to come off as touchy or aggressive, I'm really not, but could you give me an example of Joy's inferior Ti? I can understand how she can pass for ExFJ on the surface because of some of her actions, but again MBTI isn't about actions. I want to understand your logic beyond her being action-oriented and organized.