• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite examples of your MBTI-type in fiction

á´…eparted

passages
Princess Bubblegum: ENFJ and 1w2. She's also a scientist. She is ME. I have never related to a character more than her.

anigif_original-grid-image-25154-1398691494-4.gif

Seriously, she is me.

Princess-Bubblegum-Needs-You-To-Stop-Talking-and-Go-To-Jail-On-Adventure-Time.gif

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not trying to come off as touchy or aggressive, I'm really not, but could you give me an example of Joy's inferior Ti? I can understand how she can pass for ExFJ on the surface because of some of her actions, but again MBTI isn't about actions. I want to understand your logic beyond her being action-oriented and organized.

I don't believe the analysis of fictional characters is truly that deep of a concept but regardless of whether it's fictional or real world I don't really type people in terms of their functional stacking and inferior functions because I believe the main priority (a-la Jung) is observing the manifestation of one's Ego and how one primarily sees themselves and the world around them. In Joy's case she uses her sense of positivity as a means to influence her environment in a perceived desirable direction and avoid disharmony. Not only is she action-oriented but she's also goal-oriented and everything she does has purpose which is characteristic of being ruled by Je over Pe, which is more concerned with the processing of information for its own sake rather than how the information serves as a means to an end. Sadness OTOH was more Pe to me in the sense that she had no desire to exert any force over her environment and her personality is more "button-pushing" in the sense that she has no outcome to reach for but wants to learn what will happen because she's compelled to. Joy is more strategic in that she discerns what's beneficial to Riley and rejects what she believes isn't. The whole "XXXX with developed Y" argument just doesn't satisfy me much because when regardless of whatever Jungian type you've "developed" it still doesn't take precedence over the type that rules your persona. So with Joy's natural inclination to take control I'm skeptical about her being ruled by Ne. Of course any type including Ne can use their thoughts as a way to solve problems and come up with ways to contribute to group efforts but when Joy's first instinct in any situation is to search for solutions and means to reach the goal of keeping Riley happy and free from sadness I don't find that resonating with Ne as I think her overall approach and perceptions would be more exploratory.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't believe the analysis of fictional characters is truly that deep of a concept but regardless of whether it's fictional or real world I don't really type people in terms of their functional stacking and inferior functions because I believe the main priority (a-la Jung) is observing the manifestation of one's Ego and how one primarily sees themselves and the world around them. In Joy's case she uses her sense of positivity as a means to influence her environment in a perceived desirable direction and avoid disharmony. Not only is she action-oriented but she's also goal-oriented and everything she does has purpose which is characteristic of being ruled by Je over Pe, which is more concerned with the processing of information for its own sake rather than how the information serves as a means to an end. Sadness OTOH was more Pe to me in the sense that she had no desire to exert any force over her environment and her personality is more "button-pushing" in the sense that she has no outcome to reach for but wants to learn what will happen because she's compelled to. Joy is more strategic in that she discerns what's beneficial to Riley and rejects what she believes isn't. The whole "XXXX with developed Y" argument just doesn't satisfy me much because when regardless of whatever Jungian type you've "developed" it still doesn't take precedence over the type that rules your persona. So with Joy's natural inclination to take control I'm skeptical about her being ruled by Ne. Of course any type including Ne can use their thoughts as a way to solve problems and come up with ways to contribute to group efforts but when Joy's first instinct in any situation is to search for solutions and means to reach the goal of keeping Riley happy and free from sadness I don't find that resonating with Ne as I think her overall approach and perceptions would be more exploratory.

I personally believe function order and health play an extremely important role, so it's interesting to hear a different interpretation of the fundamentals (Why vs How). I don't agree but thank you! Oh and again, sorry if I seem touchy.
tumblr_m0fug4o42K1r7e09eo1_500.gif

Cowardly

deactivated
Princess Bubblegum: ENFJ and 1w2. She's also a scientist. She is ME. I have never related to a character more than her.

anigif_original-grid-image-25154-1398691494-4.gif

Seriously, she is me.

Princess-Bubblegum-Needs-You-To-Stop-Talking-and-Go-To-Jail-On-Adventure-Time.gif

I can absolutely see that.

I also relate to Clarice Starling, Lisbeth Salander and Raven from Teen Titans.

717deffd833f7a25c53d79b878fb69bc.jpg

Lisbeth-Salander-lisbeth-salander-30738056-500-564.jpg

titanraven_by_inspiratiodakucing-d81irco.jpg

I had a list with all these characters but it got lost with my other computer.

joealienprince

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Joy from Inside Out is a total ESFJ and you can't convince me otherwise :D

OP:

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes and Diane from Bojack Horseman

Attachments

• diane.jpg
    diane.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Calvin-calvin-and-hobbes-623066_500_441.gif
    Calvin-calvin-and-hobbes-623066_500_441.gif
    11 KB · Views: 102

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like fictional ISFPs are hard to come by? Unless I just can't think of any.

ENTPower

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes

No offense, but someone who does things like locking their babysitter out of the house and/or dropping a giant snowball on a girl for the lulz doesn't exactly sound like an INFP, IMHO.
I've seen him typed as an INFP before; one of the many characters/people who I believe are mistyped.

I know this sounds biased, but I'm pretty sure that he's an ENTP. He uses tons of Ne, and, judging by some of the strips involving math, also seems like a Ti user.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been wondering if Adele from 'Blue Is The Warmest Color' is an INFJ.
tumblr_n4bb9f5rdH1trxiqpo1_1280.png

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
3 INFJs taking a bath ;) (precognitives from minority report)

minority-precogs.jpg

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
ENTJ- Malory Archer. I want to be her when I grow up.

joealienprince

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
k ain't no way Hobbes would exist if Calvin weren't I though
think about this from the perspective of a lonely child ya?

maybe he's INTP? idk but I've always strongly related to him :)

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
k ain't no way Hobbes would exist if Calvin weren't I though
think about this from the perspective of a lonely child ya?

maybe he's INTP? idk but I've always strongly related to him :)

You shouldn't type children but considering how old he is, it's clear that he has a strong preference for Ne (cause y'know, dominant function shows through first). So we know he's Ne dominant which means he's either an ENTP or an ENFP. I've seen people argue that he's an ENFP, but he is so not on the Fi-Te axis. ENTP is pretty on the nose.

Also, extroverts can't have good imaginations now? Aren't most extroverts textbook lonely kids anyways? (I know I was and still am in an empty household and I am pretty extroverted.) Shame on you for stereotyping.
giphy.gif

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Favourite INTJ:

Aeschylus's Prometheus.

Prometheus.jpg

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Velma Dinkley
Luna Lovegood
Alice Kingsley

(If I'm wrong about their types, sorry!)
FWIW, I think Luna is INFP. Neville is a better candidate for INTP.

I feel like fictional ISFPs are hard to come by? Unless I just can't think of any.
Harry Potter.

Now my favorites:

Severus Snape
Severus-Snape-Alan-Rickman-rip-severus-snape-8361645-400-309.jpg

Raistlin Majere from Dragonlance
28661.jpg

Avon from Blake's Seven

Avon_Communicator.jpg

joealienprince

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You shouldn't type children but considering how old he is, it's clear that he has a strong preference for Ne (cause y'know, dominant function shows through first). So we know he's Ne dominant which means he's either an ENTP or an ENFP. I've seen people argue that he's an ENFP, but he is so not on the Fi-Te axis. ENTP is pretty on the nose.

Also, extroverts can't have good imaginations now? Aren't most extroverts textbook lonely kids anyways? (I know I was and still am in an empty household and I am pretty extroverted.) Shame on you for stereotyping.
giphy.gif

bye I didn't say that extroverts don't have good imaginations. my boyfriend is an extrovert (I think?) and my best friend is an ENFP and they have some of the most creative imaginations I've ever noted in anyone I've ever met

I'm sorry if I came off bitchy, but my gut reaction was never that Calvin was an extrovert. based on further analysis, you right, he may be

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Because she's an ISFJ, NOT an INFP:

13402.gif

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Walter from "The Big Lebowski" is one of my all-time favorite ESTJs in popular culture. I love him.

"HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY? AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE RULES??"

(might come in and post more later. but I don't have a lot of favorite ESTJ characters. most of them are mid-level bad guys. like, not the actual bad guy, but the supervisor who won't let the hero do the reckless thing that s/he has to do to save the day.)

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was a kid, I was obsessed with Ax from Animorphs.

Animorphs_bk08.jpg

I often see him typed as ISTJ, but I'm pretty sure he's INTP. He's like my spirit animal.

FWIW, I think Luna is INFP. Neville is a better candidate for INTP.

Pretty sure Neville is ISFJ.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lena Inverse! She's smart, crass af but always focused on some mission. I like her because I think the typical ENTJ stereotype is very dry, but Lena's basic MO breaks down to 1)being highly competent at what she does, 2) eating large quantities of food, 3) pouting/napping, 4) blowing things up.

She's wonderful. :wubbie:

710317-lina_inverse_default.png

I also love Mallory Archer as a portrayal of a female ENTJ, especially as an older ENTJ without fucks to give. She's here to run her corner of the world, drink martinis and not have to have those two things interrupted by bullshit.