• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sexiest INTJ villains!

Which MBTI type of Villian would you fear the most?

• ESTJ

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • INTJ

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • ESFJ

• ENFJ

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • ISFJ

• INFJ

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

• ESFP

• ISFP

• ESTP

• ISTP

• ENTP

• INTP

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] and I were discussing how INTJs are portrayed in movies. He astutely observed that INTJs are usually not Hollywood heroes because (a) heroes tend to be the underdogs and INTJs usually are in a position of strength, (b) an INTJ hero would be boring as hell! He will make sure that everything is planned meticulously and executed perfectly. Events will proceed like clockwork taking away suspense and surprise completely. Also, the climax would happen in the first scene where he explains his brilliant plan, and then the audience could as well just go home. :)

That got me thinking that INTJs may make excellent movie villains for exactly the reasons delineated above: they are formidable opponents and they actually have a feasible plan while the hero "wings" it against all odds/often logic so that the seals in the audience can clap. Usually luck, change of heart of some femme fatale or deus ex machina is needed for the hero to gain the upper hand, though the villain, however nefarious, deserves the victory more from the logical point of view. [ I am so not biased, right!]

So who are your favorite **TJ villains? And why? I mean, we are happy they lost if they were up to no good, but you know what I am really asking.... Which villain (whatever the type) is so smart that he is sexy (in a twisted away, I accept that--please, no moral shaming!) despite being... well, the villain?:wink:

Last edited:

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't watched a lot of movies recently, so no XXTJ villains come to mind.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any villain will do! And we could guess at the type!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTJ (or NT in general) tend to be the most common type of villain portrayed, I think. I wonder why that is??

There was one thing I was thinking about the other day... how an Fe villain would be terrifying. Because evil unhealthy Fe... it will want to watch you suffer. In like the most torturous ways possible. So I think I'd most be terrified of an xxFJ villain. :p

As for my favorite xxTJ villain... hmmm... I don't watch a lot of television or movies these days. I'll have to think about it. Or steal someone else's. :p

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ (or NT in general) tend to be the most common type of villain portrayed, I think. I wonder why that is??

There was one thing I was thinking about the other day... how an Fe villain would be terrifying. Because evil unhealthy Fe... it will want to watch you suffer. In like the most torturous ways possible. So I think I'd most be terrified of an xxFJ villain. :p

As for my favorite xxTJ villain... hmmm... I don't watch a lot of television or movies these days. I'll have to think about it. Or steal someone else's. :p

I totally agree! I voted for ENFJ myself! I could totally see an ENFJ villian mobilizing the whole country to attack me for being a gadfly! He/she may even convince me to self-destruct in the interest of the greater good with that irresistable persuading power! :sage::orate::ack!:

Last edited:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree. In fact I see Voldemort from the Harry Potter series as an NFJ. Bellatrix Lestrange who so enjoys torturing people is ESFP.

While I agree that there are few INTJ heroes (Mr Darcy?) they aren't always the villains. Instead, they often turn up as antiheroes or otherwise morally ambiguous characters, like Prof. Snape, or even Raistlin from Dragonlance whom I mentioned to [MENTION=29233]Mvika[/MENTION] earlier.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ra's al Ghul as an INTJ villian!

I think Ra's al Ghul was an INTJ VILLIAN. He had a very scientific and high yield plan to put an end to Gotham by innovatively using the very resources that were already in the city. His only mistake was trusting Batman. And I am not impressed just because he was played by Liam Neeson. :)

Another INTJ or ISTP Villian was the Jackal from the original "The Day of the Jackal." Not the Bruce Willis movie :sick: for which Roger Ebert penned one of his meanest and most hilarious reviews!

The Jackal Movie Review & Film Summary (1997) | Roger Ebert

Last edited:

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I totally agree! I voted for ENFJ myself! I could totally see an ENFJ villian mobilizing the whole country to attack me for being a gadfly! He/she may even convince me to self-destruct in the interest of the greater good with that irrestible persuading power! :sage::orate::ack!:

An xNFJ villain could be a formidable force. I see these types of villain as 'cult leaders' with an army of devotees. One example I see is Joe Carroll from The Following.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An xNFJ villain could be a formidable force. I see these types of villain as 'cult leaders' with an army of devotees. One example I see is Joe Carroll from The Following.

Another example currently is Kylo Ren. NFJ

But likely INTJ snoke, INTJ darth sidious, and on and on continue the INTJ big evil theme.:shrug: Need some variety.

A cult leader NFJ could work well certainly, but also an ESTP and ENTP type villains. Or INTP (haven't seen hardly any of these anywhere if they even exist). My favorites are INTJ and ENTP though respectively.

For example of an ENTP villain: The new Lex Luthor Jr in Batman vs Superman. Quite delightful.

The next would of course be The Joker who either ESTP or ENTP, most likely depending on versions.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think that best villian group are NJs. Vision and large scale approach of Ni are simply perfect for a foundation of "evil person". Especially since NJs tend to deliberately aim for positions where they have upper hand on people.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For just about any action/adventure movie, putting a plucky hero up against obstacle after obstacle after obstacle, we have to ask, which type(s) would be best capable of setting up all those obstacles ahead of time.

Of course, we know that the obstacles themselves appear based on the power of plot. If it's cool and fun and moves the plot forward a bit, it will happen. It's as if no matter what our plucky hero does, the villain anticipates it. Unless the villain is a psychic, though, the movie writers can't use specific foresight as an excuse. No, they have to devise a villain that could have possibly designed a criminal empire, an entire system, that OF COURSE would be more than capable of throwing obstacle after obstacle in front of the hero. Hence the INTJ, the Mastermind stereotype.

Of course, we INTJs aren't necessarily criminal masterminds, but we do have a tendency to set things up early on that pay off in the long run. My best personal example is that I haven't had to commute longer than about 15 minutes to go to work in the past 13 years. This isn't a coincidence. I looked at a map of Austin (a city not known for its pleasantly short commutes) and asked myself where all the likely jobs I'd take might be, year after year. Upon determining the general area, I bought a house that was about smack-dab in the middle. While it's POSSIBLE that I might end up with a job with a long (30+ minute commute), the odds are that every time I change jobs, the commute will be remarkably shorter than the average Austin commute. So with a single decision, I was able to curtail my commute for many years afterwards. Most people don't think like this: they look for the cheapest house, or the nicest house, or the best neighborhood, or the best schools, or the house with the best bathrooms or kitchens, and so on. Then they complain about hour long commutes. I didn't get the cheapest or nicest house in the best neighborhood, but I didn't end up with a bad house or a bad neighborhood, either: there's always a minimum level of acceptability. But I definitely have the best commutes.

Favorite INTJ villain? I don't really have one, because for the most part, they're caricatures. They're hobbled into existence in order to make the plot interesting for the hero, they don't really exist on their own accord. They don't tend to depict someone who planned things out carefully and prudently, so much as the hero always has some sort of interesting fight or encounter in most scenes of the movie/book. The books and movies that have this sort of thing are fun to watch, like Star Wars or James Bond, but in general I find that most of my book/movie choices don't involve some sort of mastermind villain.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think that best villian group are NJs. Vision and large scale approach of Ni are simply perfect for a foundation of "evil person". Especially since NJs tend to deliberately aim for positions where they have upper hand on people.

The ENTP's unpredictability and adaptability can be just as dangerous though. Hence the iconic Joker, Lex jr, and also Moriarty(BBC).

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hannibal Lector is an INTJ villain? He is also crazy, but INTJ!

:mellow:And what about SFP villains like Bullalo Bill! Could they be effective because we are not looking there at all? Maybe Wormtail from Harry Potter?

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If MBTI typology was applied to the four Houses of Hogwarts, Gryffinfors would be NFs, the idealists; Hufflepuffs, the loyal and reliable SJs; Ravenclaw, the NT intellectuals and Slytherin, the SPs--opportunistic, daring and resourceful who don't seem bound by too much logic or idealism. So Voldie should SP by that account, right?

Heath Legder Joker in The Dark Knight was probably more ENFP than ENTP. He seemed have had a very, very strong stake in the moral bankruptcy of the citizenry of Gotham. I could totally identify with his logic, and him pitting Batman's life against Rachel's was classic Fi! I don't know about the Joker from the comics though!

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The ENTP's unpredictability and adaptability can be just as dangerous though. Hence the iconic Joker, Lex jr, and also Moriarty(BBC).

Well, I made my post "in my opinion" framework.
Actually I find ENTP bad guys to be more annoying than trully "scary", especially since their evil is generally comming from being bored and to me that is "meh".
To me NPs in general are the most "unconvincing" bad guys. Since they are generally low on: concrete vision, ideology making or following it, physical strength, minions ... and everything comes down to the concept that they manage to hit through defences at right time. I mean that is how NPs function in general, if there is no shortcut they probably wouldn't be trully interested. (at least when younger)

To me this isn't evil but opportunism.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Watching an INTJ play action video games as the hero is like watching grass grow. There's cautious, OCD cautious, and INTJ cautious.

:sherlock: "I should probably quadruple check that empty alleyway for twenty minutes before I get around to the business of ranged-cheese attacking the next level 0 mob..."

f6ZY5Mo.gif

Attachments

• f6ZY5Mo.gif
    f6ZY5Mo.gif
    959.8 KB · Views: 178

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A

Then use your enemy's strengths against them...

Ne/Ti is obsessed with details, create a rabbit hole for them to follow and their mind won't be able to resist. You can play them like a violin and you've already won. Create something that looks amazing but in reality is a crock of shit. Works every time.

Just some advice.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Math Professor James Moriarty--the INTJ spider!

The original Math Prof. Moriarty of Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes was definitely an INTJ! In fact, In the Downey Sherlock Holmes franchise, SH uses Moriarty's very robotic NJ'ness against him in this scene using superb Se!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=buE_jLEZrf4

[ what type is Sherlock Holmes? ISTP or INTP?

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Another example currently is Kylo Ren. NFJ

But likely INTJ snoke, INTJ darth sidious, and on and on continue the INTJ big evil theme.:shrug: Need some variety.

A cult leader NFJ could work well certainly, but also an ESTP and ENTP type villains. Or INTP (haven't seen hardly any of these anywhere if they even exist). My favorites are INTJ and ENTP though respectively.

For example of an ENTP villain: The new Lex Luthor Jr in Batman vs Superman. Quite delightful.

The next would of course be The Joker who either ESTP or ENTP, most likely depending on versions.

I want to see more of Snoke to accurately type him, there is a XXTJ vibe about him. Darth Sidious/Palpatine is an ENTJ in my opinion (Anakin/Vader is ISTP).

Maybe INTJ is overused as the typical fictional villain though, maybe because producers want characters who have masterplans, and adaptable heroes to overcome them. I empathise with this overuse of a type for villains, I'm British...

Examples of an INTJ hero and an ENTP villain in the same thing? Sherlock and Moriarty, Jean-Luc Picard and Q (though Q wasn't really a villain, more a misguided entity.)

In BBC's Sherlock, there was an INTP villain by the name of Magnussen, interesting character.