• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Countries/Ethnicities and Personality

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
How many German comedians do you know of ?
I believe this is more due to the common reaction of "how in the hell is that supposed to be funny?" than any actual want for german comedians. Let's remember that this is a country where wearing leather bibbed shorts is considered traditional and not slightly odd... they just ain't right in the head :thelook:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
subscribing... back later

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Interesting thread concept

Based on broad sociopolitical generalizations:

U.S.A. - EStJ
G. Britain - INFP
Japan - ISTJ
Germany - INTJ
Norway - INFP
Russia - iSTP
Canada - ISFP
China - eSTJ
North Korea - ESTJ
Iran - iSTJ
I can't believe the US stereotype is ESTJ!
Is that what is presented in movies or something?
I always thought the war-mongering stiff-upper-lip Brits were the ESTJs.

The stereotypical Irishman is a happy-hearted drunk.
The Scotsman is thrifty.
The French are hospitable though sex-craved womanizers (I reference "Lumiere" in Beauty and the Beast.)
The heartless Germans. (INTP or INTJ?)

If you want a good look at stereotypes, watch old Disney movies.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hi, I'm new to this website and to MBTI too... anyways, I'm working on a project were I need to find out the dominant personality of each country... do you guys have an idea of were to look? I found a book ("Where in the World Do I Belong??" by Brent Massey) which has about 150 countries, but there are like 50 that I'm missing. Help please!

Thanks,

Derreck
Welcome to the forum. :hi:
I'm shocked such a book exists, or that you need more than 150 countries!

Does it have to be MBTI personality?

I would contact MBTI headquarters.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
We Germans do have a sense of humour.
It is a little different from the humour of the others.
Not terribly long ago I was beginning to labor under the idea that you might possibly have renamed yourself as "Victor" since you and I had last chatted ( what with his wildcat avatar etc. ), before I saw that you are still your own Wildcat. :)

A little Kuranes humor for you.....

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
All I know is that asian countries seem to have no shortage of ITJ's.

Lightyear

I believe this is more due to the common reaction of "how in the hell is that supposed to be funny?" than any actual want for german comedians. Let's remember that this is a country where wearing leather bibbed shorts is considered traditional and not slightly odd... they just ain't right in the head :thelook:

Have you been to Germany? I don't remember seeing anyone wearing leather bibbed shorts, it's a Southern German thing and they are often only worn to entertain the tourists. Also one British clothing habit I have noticed is that you wear tracksuits almost everywhere and at any time. That's something I haven't seen anywhere else in Europe.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Have you been to Germany? I don't remember seeing anyone wearing leather bibbed shorts, it's a Southern German thing and they are often only worn to entertain the tourists.
Well I was wearing them when I went to Germany.

B

ByMySword

Any countries typed as INFJs? :huh:

lol, or are we really THAT rare?

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Have you been to Germany? I don't remember seeing anyone wearing leather bibbed shorts, it's a Southern German thing and they are often only worn to entertain the tourists. Also one British clothing habit I have noticed is that you wear tracksuits almost everywhere and at any time. That's something I haven't seen anywhere else in Europe.

In Britain, these wearers of tracksuits at all times are know as "chavs" and are considered lower class citizens and are much derided in the British press and in popular culture.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Not terribly long ago I was beginning to labor under the idea that you might possibly have renamed yourself as "Victor" since you and I had last chatted ( what with his wildcat avatar etc. ), before I saw that you are still your own Wildcat. :)

A little Kuranes humor for you.....
Ha ha. A German joke! I am my own man. :)
Saw that post of Xander above?
See how he mocks us Germans! Einfach tierisch! :wubbie:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also one British clothing habit I have noticed is that you wear tracksuits almost everywhere and at any time.
this is quite true, its because we are all natural athletes
I always thought the war-mongering stiff-upper-lip Brits were the ESTJs.
quite right too!
The Scotsman is thrifty.
that's you off my Christmas card list *sniff*
The French are hospitable though sex-craved womanizers (I reference "Lumiere" in Beauty and the Beast.)
I'm definitely going now!
The heartless Germans. (INTP or INTJ?)
[shhh! don't mention the war]
Germans are far too efficient and clean to be INTPs

In Britain, these wearers of tracksuits at all times are know as "chavs" and are considered lower class citizens and are much derided in the British press and in popular culture.

who you calling a chav?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Sorry, I was being sarcastic in parts. It is true that my experience of Germany is limited. However I have never seen a German comic and most of the comedy stuff or entertainment used in humour has been quite... odd. It could just be me.. it could just be you too :newwink:

Seriously though the guy I lived with was from Bavaria and he was quite a hoot. Apt at sarcasm and also kinda leftfield in his intuitive leaps. A singular fellow.