• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Joker (the Dark Knight)

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
The Joker - ENTP

Also:

Batman - ISTP
Alfred - ISFJ

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I can't seem to disagree, but I don't have a strong opinion on Alfred.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Hmmm...You know, I often wonder if the Ts in a type are supposed to somehow be related to planning and whatnot....every type can be have plans....Joker being a chaotic character (he has a plan in the sense that he has his values, which are very well defined, but he carries out "the plan" in a pretty chaotic fashion)... F wouldn't feel out of place.

I think he might be an idealist (NF). I think there is this idea that NFs can't be evil or something...I mean, how many villains are typed as NF? But at the end of the day it's how the person uses his/her functions right? Would a NT leave his life to chance (hospital scene) ?

So my question is why not ENFP?

I'd say Harvey might be an ENTP.

Last edited:

Gen

MBTI Type
INTP
Hmmm...You know, I often wonder if the Ts in a type are supposed to somehow be related with planning and whatnot....Joker being a truly chaotic character... F wouldn't feel out of place.

I think he might be an idealist (NF). I think there is this idea that NFs can't be evil or something...I mean, how many villains are typed as NF? But at the end of the day is how the person uses his/her functions right? Would a NT leave his life to chance (hospital scene) ?

Oh yes I agree. I don't think an ENTP would have as much insight into peoples motivations as easily as the Joker did. ENFP on the other hand, totally.

That's what I thought when I watched it.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Hmmm...You know, I often wonder if the Ts in a type are supposed to somehow be related to planning and whatnot....every type can be have plans....Joker being a chaotic character (he has a plan in the sense that he has his values, which are very well defined, but he carries out "the plan" in a pretty chaotic fashion)... F wouldn't feel out of place.

I think he might be an idealist (NF). I think there is this idea that NFs can't be evil or something...I mean, how many villains are typed as NF? But at the end of the day it's how the person uses his/her functions right? Would a NT leave his life to chance (hospital scene) ?

I'd say Harvey might be an ENTP.

good point. why ENTP for Harvey?

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
harvey dent - estj (thank you above)
the joker - intj (somewhat stuck in his own logical system unaware of "the real world" thats not a bash on intjs)
batman - istp
alfred - enfj imo

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
harvey dent - estj (thank you above)
the joker - intj (somewhat stuck in his own logical system unaware of "the real world" thats not a bash on intjs)
batman - istp
alfred - enfj imo

Re: alfred.

I think its often hard to tell with older people the E and I because it becomes very balanced with age. (in a healthy person or some one who's just past care).

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3

I don't think the joker is capable of introspection.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think the joker is capable of introspection.

He was excellent at extrospection.

He was also very WYSIWYG. He didn't cop-out, he was truly amoral.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
what you see is what you get

I think, I mean, I didn't know previously.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Yes, but then he had multiple stories for how he got his scar.

observer84

MBTI Type
INTP
How could anyone think Batman wasn't a planner?!? That is his whole deal, preparation, planning... I think he's INFJ. He's a crusader against crime! His parent's death affected him so much that he still can't deal with it. His hatred for criminals is an F thing. A personal vendetta. Every INFJ I've known is super-passionate about something (animal rights, human rights, orphaned children, etc.) and their idealistic nature makes them irrational about it. Batman is irrational about his crusade against crime...

Joker is ISTP. He is an artist of chaos. He doesn't plan, but adapts to the situation.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How could anyone think Batman wasn't a planner?!? That is his whole deal, preparation, planning...

Planning can be J.
It can also be T.

I think he's INFJ. He's a crusader against crime! His parent's death affected him so much that he still can't deal with it. His hatred for criminals is an F thing. A personal vendetta.

So T people can't have a personal vendetta against anything?

The question more is the strength of the vendetta. Is it this strong because he is INFJ? Or would be stronger if he was INFJ?

Every INFJ I've known is super-passionate about something (animal rights, human rights, orphaned children, etc.) and their idealistic nature makes them irrational about it. Batman is irrational about his crusade against crime...

I don't know. He seems pretty rational to me in his behavior and focus, although his intensity might seem irrational

When it comes to type, the bottom line is that: People are forced into extremely traumatic situations that demand particular survival skills for them to cope are going to break type convention. All bets are off. You really have to do a full assessment "with many pegs driven into the board" before you can get a good picture.

observer84

MBTI Type
INTP
I guess it's a matter of opinion. I don't think Batman is very rational at all.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
I definitely feel Batman is an F, he is too pasionate in his persuits and values not to be IMO. And INFJ is definitely a reasonable thought to me.

And the Joker, I dont think he can be typed hes insane...end of story.

And Alfred is a complete ISFJ IMO too protective.