• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Joker (the Dark Knight)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I almost think typing fictional characters should be banned. Between the script and the actors, you usually end up with something completely unrealistic.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont know Batmans MBTI numbers

But I am still into Batgirls Number :D

(oh gosh 7:22 am in the morning, bad jokes come a long way xD)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I was quite a fan of Pfeiffer's Catwoman at age 13, and today. Quite.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
In what way? Explain. Why wouldn't the Joker be an INTJ, you very well might be right.

He's an extrovert. Yes, he's a few cards short of a deck but none the less that is the only way we know him. He's extroversion can't be explained as a shadow because it is simply him. There is never any demonstration of introvertedness. He is a complete counter to Batman, who is internal, thoughtful and rational. The Joker is chaos, destructive and in-your-face. He finds the weakness in his chosen enemies and exploits it, playing them into madness.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
The way I like to see the Joker is as a mastermind. To me, his character is very similar to the Emperor in Star Wars (yaaaa im gonna get flak for that comment). The Joker's actions may be different then the Emperor but his intentions, similar. He takes people he sees fit to execute his plan. Look at Harvey Dent. Look at the people on the boat (failed plan). He even tried to use Batman. In the beginning, he used all of those crooks. Though he is quite chaotic, he is a very very intelligent mastermind that finds people he sees fit to execute his plans (yes he does have plans, he is not just a dog chasing cars). Ok, maybe ENTJ, though I'm stil sticking with I, the I vs E isn't important in this case. Also, just because they do not display introvertedness doesn't lend to him being an E.

So what do you think he would be?

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
I think the joker's an ESTP gone crazy. The fact that he's very insightful about other people and then proceeds to exploit that suggests that he has Fe dominated by Ti in some sense. I agree with the fact that overall he seems very extraverted. Just because he has a plan doesn't necessarily indicate J. ESTP's are very large and in charge amongst the Artisans.

As for Harvey, he'd have to be an SP in a J business and political world. Always hungering for chaos and eventually leading him to depend on chance. When he becomes twoface he's always flipping that damn coin. Other temperaments don't believe in chance, at least not the NFs and NTs. For NFs, everythings either divined or is the result of karma and for NTs, at least the cynical ones I know, there's always an explanation behind an event.

Batman does kind of remind me Michael from burn notice in looks and behavior so I'm gonna go with ISTP.

And truth be told, I wasn't paying attention to Alfred.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Anyone can believe in chance. INTJs can go crazy, as anyone can. An ESTP gone crazy wouldn't plan but I could just see them going crazy and killing people. The Jokers plans are big and they have a point behind them. They are also very very intelligently thought out. His plans also tend to have him not doing anything and tend to have people doing things for him. Your right, anyone can plan. I might be wrong though. I wouldn't mind someones opinion of why he wouldn't be an INTJ.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
No way is the Joker's dominant function Te.
He wouldn't be so pro-anarchy otherwise.
Te is about keeping things as organized as possible.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I haven't seen Dark Knight, so I have no idea what the Joker is like in that movie, but Te is not all about keeping things organized. Where in the hell did you come up with that?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I haven't seen Dark Knight, so I have no idea what the Joker is like in that movie, but Te is not all about keeping things organized. Where in the hell did you come up with that?

I thought that Te was motivated by a need to organize things: people, goals, actions. I was more so trying to show that the Joker wasn't a J than anything else.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I thought that Te was motivated by a need to organize things: people, goals, actions. I was more so trying to show that the Joker wasn't a J than anything else.
LOL. Ever hear about introverted sensing? And aren't all types with extroverted thinking (as a primary or secondary) Js?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
LOL. Ever hear about introverted sensing? And aren't all types with extroverted thinking (as a primary or secondary) Js?

I'm under the impression that Ni is about organizing as well.
Many Ni's I know can't stand any kind of clutter.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
A lot is going in to what letter means organization. As far as we know there isn't an organization gene.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Look, anyone can be organized. There isn't an UN-organized type. There are types that TEND to be unorganized. You also can't pin organization to a function. Hey, an ENFP with a well developed tertiary could be extremely organized. If anything, it would be a combo of two or three functions that would lend to organization. I could see someone whose first two functions were Te and Ni (in no particular order) or Si and Te, being quite organized.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The Joker is a jaded ENFP- in opposition to the ISTJ Batman (Guardian over Gotham, Rational, Introverted). The Joker's motivations are Feeling based, not the product of a T.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, well... What isn't the Joker?

Also, what motivation isn't Feeling based?

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
What I mean is; his values (wrong and jaded as they may be) are his driving motivation

No his morivation is to have fun. He keeps his disturbing values because he knows there disturbing, the shoch people and he finds that amusing.

thats Ne.

Also I love all the people that assume that anyone who has anything resembling morality is a F.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Also I love all the people that assume that anyone who has anything resembling morality is a F.

I am convinced that if I were a public figure and people were using my work and television appearances to type me, there'd be a thread with 15 people calling me an INFP.

And I'd probably be one of those people. :laugh:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
No his morivation is to have fun. He keeps his disturbing values because he knows there disturbing, the shoch people and he finds that amusing.

thats Ne.

His motivation is to have fun? Disagree.

"It's about sending a message" I believe were his words in that burning of the pyramid of cash scene.