User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Be careful when attempting to type characters, especially main characters, based on their love relationships in the movie. There's a tendency to type F for "lovers" and T for "fighters," when in reality, this is not necessarily true. This is not necessarily directed at anyone in particular, just a general pointer based on what I've noticed.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    This is pretty good; can you expound on Harvey ESTJ a bit though? I really got a lot of Fe from him...I could see either EFJ type.

I think ISTJ is very good for Bruce. ISTP seems pretty off.

Also I really get INFJ from Gordon for some reason. I think he has a lot of that Ni mystic foresight thing, but I dunno, I'd have to go back and watch these movies again with typology in mind.
    Oh hey simulated, didn't see you

I could see Harvey as ENFJ. Ni supporting Fe is pretty evident through the movie. I agree though, the last time I watched it, I wasn't thinking about MBTI.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Harvey Dent - ENFJ
    The Joker - ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Thanks.

Jack Napier is his comics name. Kind of a worldplay. Jackanape.

The Joker is highly similar to Loki. God of lies; of misperception and deceit. Loki is a foil to Thor, as Batman is a converse to The Joker. (As Ra's was to Bruce)

One represents order, parsimony and rank. The other is erraticism; entropy and disarray. Kind of the proverbial Ying/Yang cohesion, given contemporary context.

In medieval times, the jester was the only individual able to publicly disagree with the King.
    Here are some brief insights into certain psychological elements of two Dark Knight characters:

Harvey Dent

Love; intellect; financial stability - for most, these are compound sums that cooperate to form the composite entity know as "happiness". Happiness seems best described to me as freedom - freedom from want. Freedom as balance.

Want as an extension of insecurity - I have no food. I need food. I must earn money/steal/etc to get food. Yet, even as we work to satisfy our desire for a lifestyle absent from want ("happiness", if you agree) many become so incensed with the ideology of acquisition, we lose sight of our original goal to achieve balance.

Rewards - an expression of success - often evolve into an element of greater value than our fundamental goal. Happiness as not only an abundance of food, but a wealth of materials. A storehouse of personal knowledge. A piggybank of distractions.

Harvey Dent is a brilliant representation of our (human) insatiable desire to fill our lives with things we believe will make us happy.

Dent's food is justice. His decorum is the penal system. When a disconnect appears between what he expects (to achieve happiness/balance), he becomes desperate. He makes decisions that betray his need for good. He chooses the path of quickest resolution - he drops his principles and becomes an agent of insatiable desire - after Rachel's death, revenge consumes him. Makes him forget who he is.

What was once aligned to inspire justice and community now functions to service his desire to reintroduce balance (happiness - Rachel) into his life.

Distractions can destroy.

So can the pursuit of happiness.

Jack A. Napier

Meaning is an iceberg. What motivates us to find purpose is always built on layers of emotion and/or instinctual obligation (towards upholding community and ourselves).

The Joker is similar to Johnny Ringo. A blackhole in place of a heart. Hopelessness is sometimes the result of genetic chance; other times it is inspired.

Like the Joker, we seek balance. We work to establish identity within this balance inside our immediate environment (where we work; who we talk to; how we behave...).

The Joker represents Void - darkness without meaning or form. Chaos as a way to sensibly live - a world "without rules", as he states.

Yet, his rules remain firm. A world without rules is a world governed by rules.

When we lose sight of ourselves, we find but chaos and uncertainty. Light leaves us and darkness infiltrates. What we once loved can become poisonous to us.

The Joker is unchecked desire. Imbalance. Chaos. He is less a villain than a horrifying demiurge. His desires are absolutely uncompromising.

An analogue to The Joker is Judge Holden. A (real) serial killer, popularly chronicled in Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian.

Intelligence is not enough to survive.

No man is an island.

No angel/demon an orphan.

We must choose. Choice is our only hope. It is choice that destroys.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    This is pretty good; can you expound on Harvey ESTJ a bit though? I really got a lot of Fe from him...I could see either EFJ type.
    Actually, we can see Fe from every SJs, even xSTJs, because Si leads them to be hardly concerned about the group, its values, its traditions and about take responsability for. It's particulary real about ESTJ because of their In-Charge nature. Though Harvey has developped his intuitive and feeling side, he is naturally more at ease whan approach things practically and logicaly, even in crisis situations. Fi is clearly his inferior, he overcomes easily his internals feelins to follows stricts principles of justice, until the Joker reaches to crack him down. I think both Bruce and Harvey are the logical guardians archetype, Batman is the chart-the-course guardian and Harvey the in-charge.

I think ISTJ is very good for Bruce. ISTP seems pretty off.
    I've also thought he could be ISTP, but I think he's just a laid back ISTJ than an ISTP.

Also I really get INFJ from Gordon for some reason. I think he has a lot of that Ni mystic foresight thing, but I dunno, I'd have to go back and watch these movies again with typology in mind.
    I don't think so. Gordon is the average american guy wich try to hel the community as well as he can, I say he's ISTJ. He has good Ni, yes, but Harvey and Batman have too, Guardians can have good Ni, especially when it's time to think about rules, principles, duty, those types of stuff.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I don't think so for Gordon. He seemed to think outside of the box. I could see an ISTJ police officer not wanting much to do with a vigilante. I think the stunts he pulls and the bravery he musters and his interactions with his family.. the way he said what he said to his son. INFJ.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Harvey Dent - ENFJ
    The Joker - ENTP
    All of this is very good I think.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    entj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    entj

batman: xstj
    dent: esfj
    joker: entp- no dought, systimaticly creats caose Ne, in order to surport and prove a screwed up internal system of principals (poorly devaloped secondary Ti shown very clearly when he cant understand why the people on the ferries didn't blow each other up, Ti, when less devaloped often seems to refeuse to take into acount anything which dosn't suport it's theorys).
    bruce wane: in this movie, infj/infp
    scare crow: entj (experiments on archm innmates show Te Ni working togther to devalop technologys with little regard for the effect on people, low Fe)
    gorden: enfj
    Two face: pissed off estj

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    The Joker - ENTP ENTJ

Also:

Batman - ISTP INTP
    Alfred - ISFJ
    ... That's better!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    ... That's better!
    You feel like sharing with the rest of the class how your arrived upon those conclusions?
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    entj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    entj

no way the joker is entj
    look at his motivation! xntjs infact judgers in general always have a concreet gole in mind. an entj villian would seek money or power. he would not , under any circumstances burn a massive pile of money, this does not help the joker's goals, it is irational and goes against evering Te stands for. (listen to alfreds speech about the jewl thief). this is why batman has trouble understanding joker, he has strong Te.

joker's motervation stems from wanting to valadate his world view, that people are inherently evil and are "only as good as the world allows them to be" this desire to valadate an internal, intellectual theory shows Ti.

joker also Fe as focuses strongly on devaloping his identity in the eves of gothem who "deserve a better class of crimnal" in his ouw fuked up way he wants to be famous,even popular.

Fe is also seen as joker is a master manipulator of emotions, just look at how he gets the cop to attack him in the cell even when the cop knows "he'll enjoy it, i'l just have to try and enjoy it more".

jokers Ne is eveadent through not only through his crazy manerisms, (dressing up as a killer clown is very entp) but his ability for on the spot planing. although all NTs are planners introverts couldn't adapt as well as joker, he expertly uses external factors to get what he wants. his plans also rely on intuition, he makes them up as he goes, leading Te prob wouldent make such accurate plans, Ni is like a chess player thinking 15 moves a head, less flexable and can be stumped by the unexpected (wich rairly happens as Ni preplans all contingencies) while Ne has about 50 different plans and aplys them depending on context and situation. joker seems more flexable then scheeming.