First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Hmmm...You know, I often wonder if the Ts in a type are supposed to somehow be related to planning and whatnot....every type can be have plans....Joker being a chaotic character (he has a plan in the sense that he has his values, which are very well defined, but he carries out "the plan" in a pretty chaotic fashion)... F wouldn't feel out of place.

I think he might be an idealist (NF). I think there is this idea that NFs can't be evil or something...I mean, how many villains are typed as NF? But at the end of the day it's how the person uses his/her functions right? Would a NT leave his life to chance (hospital scene) ?

So my question is why not ENFP?

I'd say Harvey might be an ENTP.
    A crazy NTP who's obsessed with random chance and generating chaos for its own sake might very well leave his life in the hands of chance. He's clearly not after any realistic goal.

Harvey seems more ENFJ to me.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    His motivation is to have fun? Disagree.

"It's about sending a message" I believe were his words in that burning of the pyramid of cash scene.
    "I wont kill you because its too much fun"

"...what and go back to ripping off mob banks?"

ect. ect.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    A crazy NTP who's obsessed with random chance and generating chaos for its own sake might very well leave his life in the hands of chance. He's clearly not after any realistic goal..
    Generating chaos was his (realistic) goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money
    "I wont kill you because its too much fun"

"...what and go back to ripping off mob banks?"

ect. ect.
    The Joker's speech alternated between short-term goal and long-term goal reference, just like normal people do all the time. He was clearly having a blast generating chaos, but when we see him talk in a more (apparently) candid manner (with Batman when incarcerated, with Batman near the end...) , he seems to have a well defined purpose.

He doesn't like when he's called crazy (meeting with the mob leaders) and whatever his story is, seems to have been quite traumatic (scars stories). We see some short-lived anger outburst that could also resemble tertiary Te (his first TV recording with a hostage for example).

I'm not saying he is an ENFP. But I am saying I don't think it's clear cut.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Joker is ENTP for sure y'alls.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Here's what I think...

Joker: ENTP
    Batman: ISTJ
    Harvey Dent: ENTJ
    Com. Gordon: ESTJ
    Alfred: ISFJ

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

The Joker: ENTP
    Batman/Bruce Wayne: ISTJ
    Harvey Dent: ESTJ
    Rachel: ENFJ
    Lucius Fox: INTP
    Com. Gordon: ISTJ
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Jokers ENTP!!!!!
    He seems to cause chaos just to show how fragile order is. Also he plans everything but will then happily through it away and improvise. Thats an Ne thing especially an ENTP thing.
    Batman ISTP because of his drive and sheer amount of motivation he has a goal and he works towards it with everything he has and for such an emotional event to trigger it all he shows very little emotion over it and definate sign of ISTP. And Ti can plan it very good at it! especially Ti-Ni! and Se helps him cope with when it all goes wrong!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    The Joker: ENTP
    Batman/Bruce Wayne: ISTJ
    Harvey Dent: ESTJ
    Rachel: ENFJ
    Lucius Fox: INTP
    Com. Gordon: ISTJ
    This is pretty good; can you expound on Harvey ESTJ a bit though? I really got a lot of Fe from him...I could see either EFJ type.

I think ISTJ is very good for Bruce. ISTP seems pretty off.

Also I really get INFJ from Gordon for some reason. I think he has a lot of that Ni mystic foresight thing, but I dunno, I'd have to go back and watch these movies again with typology in mind.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    The way I like to see the Joker is as a mastermind. To me, his character is very similar to the Emperor in Star Wars (yaaaa im gonna get flak for that comment). The Joker's actions may be different then the Emperor but his intentions, similar. He takes people he sees fit to execute his plan. Look at Harvey Dent. Look at the people on the boat (failed plan). He even tried to use Batman. In the beginning, he used all of those crooks. Though he is quite chaotic, he is a very very intelligent mastermind that finds people he sees fit to execute his plans (yes he does have plans, he is not just a dog chasing cars). Ok, maybe ENTJ, though I'm stil sticking with I, the I vs E isn't important in this case. Also, just because they do not display introvertedness doesn't lend to him being an E.

So what do you think he would be?
    I really like this comparison actually. However, I think (deep down) the Emperor actually believed in what he was doing. The Joker doesn't believe in anything except showing people why their attempts to control things are silly and irrational. He does not believe in right verses wrong, only fun vs. boring. This is very very very ENTP. The only difference is, he exercises his iNtuition to the result of killing people (he's an unhealthy ENTP), but the value systems are very much the same. His Ti just hasn't exactly told him that killing people is wrong because A B and C, it simply informed him that moral dilemmas are for the weak minded. His reaction is to play with people and inject them into his scenarios, whereas most ENTP's would simply take a clever verbal undercut. The "going with the flow and adapting to scenarios" is simply an ExxP trait, extroverted perception dominant. It means you take in your surroundings first before making judgments.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'd agree on INFJ for Gordon. He's so into the poetic justice that he supports batman at all.

Batman - ISTJ. I don't think the inability to deal with emotiona trauma equates one to an F.

Joker - I want to say ENFP. Either way, I see him being everything Batman is not. If they didn't have the 'we're so opposite we're alike' facet going I don't think it'd be near the drama it is in the movie. So it'd just make sense for him to be an insane version of the opposite type. I think ENFPs are so good a feeling people out, especially to fit their purposes.. So I could easily see the mastermind-parts being explained with that. I don't think all ENFPs have to be good guys.

Alfred I'd agree with the ISFJ. I don't know about Harvey.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge