• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thom Yorke INTP or?

Kho

please let prayer be true
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
I say INTP.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why do you say INTP?
I personally think he's an INFJ. His lyrics are so very Ni-Ti.

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
The way he expresses his emotionality through the use of experimental sounds as well as the way he strings images together seem pretty Ne to me though.
His environmental activism seems more like a Ti-based logical decision than otherwise.
And the way he kind of sidled off into Atoms for Peace without really calling Radiohead totally quits (letting the other team drag on and on...) reminds me of the time I did that to my other band.
:unsure:

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx

That's so interesting that people think he's INFJ.
I guess it would make sense on some level if he were.
I was just focusing more on his musical delivery/ reactions to events, rather than his actual lyrics.
He just always seemed like more of an NT than an NF to me.
Then again I can't even type myself properly so.
:flame: :shrug:

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just found this old thread on the same topic:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-and-type/10573-thom-yorke.html

I feel like a doofus now, should've checked for older threads.
Anyhow, read through it, and the consensus seems to be largely either INFP or INFJ.
My take on it:

I just saw this thread
:doh:

anyway apparently I'm the only one who thinks he's INTP.
basically everyone else thinks he's INFJ or INFP.
I'd still argue that the intense emotionality + expression thereof is very reminiscent of
an INTP 4w5 with Socionics type INFj
or something,
but that's just because I'm biased because that's what I am,
and I see my interior landscape reflected in his musical output,
but i'm probably not the only one that feels that way,
so,
that's no great indicator.

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
A little consolation summat-summin for meself then
here:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Going to say Thom Yorke is an INxP of some sort. Much brooding going on.

INFJ's don't ever really have to say to people I'm weird to get attention. They kind of just are and it's impossible to run from and sometimes they are indifferent or ignorant of it.

Ne types can kind of fall back on Si to blend back in.

His lyrics may sound Ne in nature too because he uses some physical objects which Ne likes to use its mind on to make analogies or metaphors.

I find out as I get older that it seems mostly NJ's appeal more to themselves instead of "everyone". We just know not everyone is going to be interested in how we see things. So it really makes no sense why people have to over glorify our type when thinking the stuff we actually like, most don't care to know about than perhaps more than a mild curiosity.