User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: top gear

Since this topic is about Top Gear..i might as well post this link here Watch Top Gear Episodes Online
    Watch Top Gear online for free..

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sassafrassquatch View Post
    No one's going to type the Stig?
    Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    The Stig does not really exist, it is the automobile equivalent of the yeti...
    I have always imagined the Stig is an ESTP.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

I haven't watched too much of it but at first glance I just figured they were all ENTPs, because they seem to like to figure out how things work. Here are my guesses after reading the thread a bit though:

Jeremy: ENTP (because he's playful, charming and inventive)
    James: INTP (because he is also inventive and wonders how things work)
    Richard: ENFP, ESFP? I don't know.

My boyfriend watches a lot of Top Gear and this is his guess:

James: ISFJ (the same as him ((the boyfriend)) because he's serious all the time, tinkers with things and more practical than an N.)
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default My Thoughts

I've been watching tons of Top Gear trying to figure out their MBTIs, and here's what I've come up with:

Jeremy Clarkson: ENTJ. He's Te, as he always want things done the fastest, quickest, most efficient way possible, no questions asked. He loves being in charge and being right, as well. His Conservative political leanings and tell-it-like-it-is attitude are also indicative of TJ types. Also, consider his analogies. Yikes, he loves analogies. The ability to come up with those so well on the spot is Ni, as it's all about seeing the connections between ideas and applying them. If he were ENTP (as many have suggested), he would be scatter-brained, not great on his feet or with comebacks, and very open-ended and lenient with inefficiency.

James May: INTP. May is a classic INTP. He's an intellectual egghead. He's interested in the nuts-and-bolts scenarios and attention to detail, due to his Si. For those who have suggested ISTJ, you're on the right track because he has the same Si function. However, for those who suggested ISTP, here's the distinction: Let's say that an INTP and ISTP both make dangerous, ridiculously fast rocket cars. The INTP would cautiously give it to a professional racer to test, whereas the ISTP would jump in and race it without thinking. He's definitely an Ne, as he comes up with crazy ideas that work on paper, but don't necessarily play out in the real world. Last to mention is his demeanor. He's like a classic science professor: bad sense of direction, very pedantic, long-winded, slow in processes, very theoretical. Enough said.

Richard Hammond: ENTP/ESTP: This is tricky, because I think he's either ENTP or ESTP. He's obviously Ti because of his inability to come up with retorts on the spot (notice he wears an earpiece in the studio), and he's Fe as you can see by his interesting facial expressions that show every thought he has before he says it.
    I think it's more likely that he's ENTP because he's very interested in new ideas and concepts, he's scatter-brained, impractical, and very optimistic. He's like a little kid whose favorite subject would be science. However, ENTPs aren't good dressers, and while they like risks and challenges, they typically steer clear of imminent danger when necessary. Hammond could indeed be Se because he's a well-dressed, well-groomed daredevil. It just seems like he isn't dumb, street savvy, or narcissistic enough to be an ESTP.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Jeremy Clarkson: ENTJ
    James May: INTP
    Richard Hammond: ESFP
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Clarkson - ENTP
    Hammond - ESFP
    May - ISTJ

Having read part of Richard Hammond's autobiography, I reached the conclusion that he is an ESFP. S is because as a child he got immense pleasure from taking things apart and putting them together again, and as a young man would spend hours (even in the freezing cold) fiddling with his car's mechanics. The man has got to be S!

P because he bends or breaks rules.
    E because he's presenting a programme on TV! He shows little sign of introversion. Also presented a talk show.
    F because he is driven largely by his feelings and enthusiasm for various projects

Clarkson I think is an ENTP.

May is IXTP. How many TJ males would have long hair?
    I must be a Sens0r then
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Jeremy - ENTP. Clear as day.
    Richard - ENFP. I dont think the argument that he spent hours working in mechanics means clear S. I know an INTP who spends hours working on his basketball shot. I have an INFJ friend who practices tennis all the time. I am ENFP who can kick a soccer ball against the wall for hours and juggle for hours. Fine motorskills is not a strong suit for an Ne dom but if he starts from an early age he can develop them. Anyway Ne doms have some of the best gross motorskills. I always thought he had an ENFP sort of wit. He could also be an ESFP but the working on mechanics thing is not a good enough argument.
    May - INTP. I always though of him as an INTP. He uses Ti a lot. Maybe an ISTP though

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jennings View Post
    I've been watching tons of Top Gear trying to figure out their MBTIs, and here's what I've come up with:

Jeremy Clarkson: ENTJ. He's Te, as he always want things done the fastest, quickest, most efficient way possible, no questions asked. He loves being in charge and being right, as well. His Conservative political leanings and tell-it-like-it-is attitude are also indicative of TJ types. Also, consider his analogies. Yikes, he loves analogies. The ability to come up with those so well on the spot is Ni, as it's all about seeing the connections between ideas and applying them. If he were ENTP (as many have suggested), he would be scatter-brained, not great on his feet or with comebacks, and very open-ended and lenient with inefficiency.

James May: INTP. May is a classic INTP. He's an intellectual egghead. He's interested in the nuts-and-bolts scenarios and attention to detail, due to his Si. For those who have suggested ISTJ, you're on the right track because he has the same Si function. However, for those who suggested ISTP, here's the distinction: Let's say that an INTP and ISTP both make dangerous, ridiculously fast rocket cars. The INTP would cautiously give it to a professional racer to test, whereas the ISTP would jump in and race it without thinking. He's definitely an Ne, as he comes up with crazy ideas that work on paper, but don't necessarily play out in the real world. Last to mention is his demeanor. He's like a classic science professor: bad sense of direction, very pedantic, long-winded, slow in processes, very theoretical. Enough said.

Richard Hammond: ENTP/ESTP: This is tricky, because I think he's either ENTP or ESTP. He's obviously Ti because of his inability to come up with retorts on the spot (notice he wears an earpiece in the studio), and he's Fe as you can see by his interesting facial expressions that show every thought he has before he says it.
    I think it's more likely that he's ENTP because he's very interested in new ideas and concepts, he's scatter-brained, impractical, and very optimistic. He's like a little kid whose favorite subject would be science. However, ENTPs aren't good dressers, and while they like risks and challenges, they typically steer clear of imminent danger when necessary. Hammond could indeed be Se because he's a well-dressed, well-groomed daredevil. It just seems like he isn't dumb, street savvy, or narcissistic enough to be an ESTP.
    You have some interesting ideas about functions.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    You have some interesting ideas about functions.
    And that was the only thing they posted, and it was almost three years ago.

Bizarre.