First 1234 Last

Thread: top gear

MBTI
    istp

I made a Top Gear thread months ago.

Jeremy Clarkson: ESTP
    James May: ISTJ
    Richard Hammond: ESFP

I don't know why anyone's guessing N, this is a show about racing supercars for chrissake. I don't really care what their types are though. Season 11 is awesome.
    No offense.

No one's going to type the Stig?

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

The Stig does not really exist, it is the automobile equivalent of the yeti...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    ENTP

Top gear is actually LIGHTLY scripted.

Jeremy Clarkson: ENTP
    Richard (Hamster); ENFP

They're entertaining, motivated, easy-going, and good at their jobs.

Epic camera work and video editing. It's simply beautiful.
    You can call me Charles.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

What is this show? Is it good?
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    Top gear is actually LIGHTLY scripted.

Jeremy Clarkson: ENTP
    Richard (Hamster); ENFP

They're entertaining, motivated, easy-going, and good at their jobs.

Epic camera work and video editing. It's simply beautiful.
    Yes, but Hamster may be ESFP. His autobiography says how he'd spend ages just messing with the insides of cars in his youth
    4w5 sp

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Jeremy Clarkson: ENTJ - He's clearly in charge, as he likes it, and scripts the studio bits 'pretty tightly' in his words. Fast cars are all about "POWER!!!!" to him. And has anyone read his newspaper columns? If you think his metaphors are over-extended and over-employed on the show...

James May: ISTP - Can't see him as a J. I think it's just the Introversion and not being competitive or high-strung that makes him seem more sedate and sensible than the others. Loves impressive machines and toy models and sets, has made several documentaries about them.

Richard Hammond: ESTP, maybe ESFP. It's all about speed and other extreme sensory experiences to him. I think I see more Ti than Fi - he really likes mechanics and science - but the nature of the shows he does might not showcase Fi. He has an ESTP kind of wit.

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    Jeremy Clarkson: ENTJ - He's clearly in charge, as he likes it, and scripts the studio bits 'pretty tightly' in his words. Fast cars are all about "POWER!!!!" to him. And has anyone read his newspaper columns? If you think his metaphors are over-extended and over-employed on the show...
    But he's so utterly impractical, and admits to it! I can't imagine a Dom-Te admitting to be impractical, it would be like performing seppuku.

James May: ISTP - Can't see him as a J. I think it's just the Introversion and not being competitive or high-strung that makes him seem more sedate and sensible than the others. Loves impressive machines and toy models and sets, has made several documentaries about them.
    Nah, he's ISTJ. He boasts a love for procedures, he's constantly living in the past...there's a moment when Jeremy Clarkson wanted to annoy May by moving around the numbers on his watch. May got so infuriated ("it's not supposed to be like that!") that he walked off camera. Also, what sort of ISTP would he be to get a nickname like "Captain Slow".
    Hello

MBTI
    ENTP

I'll look for signs the next time I watch Top Gear! It's one of my favourite programmes I hate cars but I love physics. I absolutely adore those "cheap car altering contests"...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Jeremy Clarkston:

ENTP. I read one of his books and he was a salesman in rural england and liked to take random routes just to see if he could find quicker ways. He also delibratly refused to take bribes off posh weekends and fancy hotels from car companies so that he could right his own opinion so that if anyone every critised his reviews then atleast he can stand proud and say "Your an idiot i'm right" knowing that he was. Alos in his books he is very funny and very witty.

James May

I'm going to say INTP. The reason is looking at his other shows. Like his show on kool ideas and how excited he gets about things working! All the things Clarkston and Hammond do to annoy him - well he doesn't actually react that much to them. And he isn't obessed with speed or doing thing the ways things are supposed to be done. The reason everyone seems to thing ISTJ is because he likes things to be correct and doesn't care about speed much and will go into the random fact about a car. Random facts that an INTP would know and love.

Hammond

ESFP. He is clearly ESP due to his love of speed and things like motorbikes cycling in cities and from how he is always well groomed. And F well he always seems to be wanting to and having fun.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!