• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sarah Palin

Usehername

On a mission
Biden was trying to appease both sides but you could tell that he has no issues with gays and I doubt he is bothered much about gay people marrying. I am pro gay marriages and that is one of the reasons that Obama/Biden have my vote. The stick up the ass attitude that many conservatives have is sickening. Palin's daugher as everyone knows is pregnant but yet she still opposes sex education and only promotes abstinence? :huh: :huh: Very backwards!

Opposes abortion even if her own daughter was raped?
The sex ed/pregnant teen facet of her is "very backwards" but you've failed to raise a logical argument for why this other quote is the same. I think you're just disturbed by it--there's no logical reason why this is "very backwards."

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This woman analyzing the debate on ABC right now has the world's worst posture.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
The sex ed/pregnant teen facet of her is "very backwards" but you've failed to raise a logical argument for why this other quote is the same. I think you're just disturbed by it--there's no logical reason why this is "very backwards."
Her way of thinking is backwards to me. I see anything wrong with offering teenagers sex education and yes I'm disturbed by it. Turning a blind eye to teen pregnancies is extremely ignorant. Perhaps had she taught her own daughter about sex, she wouldn't find herself pregnant at 17.

Usehername

On a mission
Her way of thinking is backwards to me. I see anything wrong with offering teenagers sex education and yes I'm disturbed by it. Turning a blind eye to teen pregnacies is extremely ignorant.

I wholeheartedly agree with the sex ed issue--I said the "anti-abortion even if her daughter was raped" thing had no logical argument against it, and that your citing of this for her being "very backwards" was that you were just disturbed.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Well if my daughter was raped I would not deny her the opportunity to have an abortion. I am pro choice so Palin's comment is not logical to me so there needn't be any argument, it should be obvious.

Usehername

On a mission
Well if my daughter was raped I would not deny her the opportunity to have an abortion. I am pro choice so Palin's comment is not logical to me so there needn't be any argument, it should be obvious.

Without any tone to what I'm saying, it's not obvious to me; I don't live inside your head. Anti-abortion does not equal "deny her the opportunity to have an abortion" unless I'm misunderstanding Palin's comment (didn't hear it from the source). Anti-abortion means she's ethically against it, and nothing more.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
From what I've seen ESTJ; though she is pretty even between the T and F.

This is what I think, too. I could also see her being balanced between S and N. Her E and her J I am almost positive of, but the middle two letters are a lot more negotiable for me right now. When I watched the VP debate tonight (almost the whole thing), I got the distinct impression that she retained a lot of her personable qualities (occasionally using a distinct country accent, saying things like "Ya know?" and winking, etc), and I thought that that was a clever way to endear herself to the public or to at least come across as receptive to the public - by acting casual sometimes - which struck me as very ExFJ, dom Fe. She has people skills, that's for sure. I mean, wasn't she in pageants and stuff when she was younger? Miss Alaska or something? Pageants to me SCREAM ExFJ.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I don't think she's ESFJ, but I don't have a strong opinion as to her type.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
"nucular"

Somebody needs to run a seminar in DC on how to pronounce nuclear

Haha, I was surprised. And she did it about a handful of times! I thought maybe the first time, it was a slip that she'd noticed and I was imagining she felt incredibly embarrassed, but then she did it again and again. :doh:

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
everyone keeps saying ESFJ with no actual explanation why. like i said does she really seem like a guardian type? i mean maybe but i see her as the artisan type much much more.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She really did pretty well, I thought. I was actually impressed with both of their performances, with the exception of the nucular thing which is a personal pet peeve and not very meaningful. I felt like Biden allowed himself to get painted into a corner on the gay marriage thing and she laid down two coats, though. He seemed to be saying that "marriage" should be up to faith communities to allow or not, and make the civil recognition separate from that, which I totally agree with.
She appeared to have note cards she referred to on the podium. What struck me is that she would give answers completely unrelated to the questions asked. It seemed that she used her prepared statements whether they applied or not.

She is difficult for me to type because she seems image-focused. I do suspect Enneagram 3 for her. She does come across as an ES though. I would say an F unless that is mostly her projected image.

Usehername

On a mission
She appeared to have note cards she referred to on the podium. What struck me is that she would give answers completely unrelated to the questions asked. It seemed that she used her prepared statements whether they applied or not.

She is difficult for me to type because she seems image-focused. I do suspect Enneagram 3 for her. She does come across as an ES though. I would say an F unless that is mostly her projected image.

Yeah, definitely true. Yet, as a political debater, she appealed to the voters she was supposed to and held her own far better than I anticipated. Definitely not qualified to run a country in case of McCain's death... but that's a different topic, hey?

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

ES most def. When referring to the environment, she blew off the theory behind global warming and said she only cared about doing something about it. I'd say ESTP or ESFP. She's too natural to be a J; She seemed completely in the moment (like when she threw a shout-out to her relative's elementary school class). Aye, this is why I believe she's ESxP.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, definitely true. Yet, as a political debater, she appealed to the voters she was supposed to and held her own far better than I anticipated. Definitely not qualified to run a country in case of McCain's death... but that's a different topic, hey?
Not too different a topic, because that is exactly the job of a VP, to be prepared to take over in that event. She also shares the ticket with an older candidate who has battled skin cancer.

It was important that she was allowed to have prepared statements to give the impression of debating because the morale of the country is low and has witnessed too many broken systems as it is. The polls state that her image improved (and it did in my mind as well), but that more undecided voters were convinced by Biden. Contrasting Palin's cutesy delivery with Biden's experience and knowledge made quite an impact on me. Being cutesy and folksy as a potential leader amidst crisis is patronizing at best and completely demoralizing at worst.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Being cutesy and folksy as a potential leader amidst crisis is patronizing at best and completely demoralizing at worst.

I view it as

She did well enough to not polarize the two sides: She did poor enough to not impress those who were judging her on her leadership merit.

It's probably the best outcome for the R party, but they still lost ground.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Biden was trying to appease both sides but you could tell that he has no issues with gays and I doubt he is bothered much about gay people marrying. I am pro gay marriages and that is just one of the reasons that Obama/Biden have my vote. I believe that as long as you're not hurting anyone and you're happy then what's the problem? The stick up the ass attitude that many conservatives have is sickening. Palin's daughter as everyone knows is pregnant but yet she still opposes sex education and only promotes abstinence? :huh: Opposes abortion even if her own daughter was raped? :huh: Very backwards!

Sarah Palin doesn't oppose sex education, and her pregnant daughter received sex ed in public school. She is definitely anti-abortion, but she is pro-contraception. This has been done to death in the Political threads.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Perhaps today she does, but it depends on what she considers "explicit".

Palin wrote, "Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support."

You've stumped me

No, she was pretty clear on it. She just wants abstinence to be the emphasis of the education. Like a lot of social conservatives, she seems to think that talking about having sex during sex ed is the same as endorsing it, which is stupid. Still, she is pro-sex education and pro-contraception, and has been.

Doowadiddy

Palin = ESTP

I think it's quite clear that Palin is an ESTP, "The Promoter", just like John McCain. McCain is very narcissistic like many polititians. So, it stands to reason that he'd select his same type on an impulse, which is the way xSTP types usually make decisions. A lot of people in here are claiming that Palin is an ESTJ, but I can't see that at all. Hillary Clinton is obviously an ESTJ personality (known for a fact), and Palin has no similarities to her at all. xSTJ's are very "service" motivated and they have a strong desire to be "accepted" by the group. Palin exhibits none of these qualities that I can see. Palin's "beauty queen" past is also a tipoff. ESTP's love being "on stage", and being the center of attention. However this type is prone to become very arrogant and even sociopathic when given real power, because they almost completely lack any empathy and feeling for humanity generally (F), and they're very deficient of intuition (N) to provide personal depth and a historical perspective on events and times. They're essentially there for "the show", and also to have everything entirely the way they think things should be. They are very, very poor characters for providing genuine leadership in a true democracy (i.e. George W. Bush, also an ESTP).

Last edited: