• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Arrow - CW

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oliver/Green Arrow - ISFP
Diggle - ISTJ
Felicity- INTP
Thea - ESFP
Laurel/Canary - ENFJ
Ray/Atom Man- ENTP
Malcolm - ENTJ
Lance - ESTJ
Damian Dark - INTJ

Disagreements?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not far into the show thus far, but I agree with most of your typings. I don't really buy ESTJ for Lance unless he's an extremely irrational and not very intelligent one.

Diggle is by far my favorite character on the show thus far, and one of my favorite ISTJs on TV. He reminds me strongly of my ISTJ former roommate, and strangely looks a lot like him too.

Wouldn't have suspected ISFP for Oliver, but it explains his former self better than my initial typing (IxTJ). Generally speaking it's hard to type someone who had such an intense personality reversal. Like, which Oliver Queen was the real Oliver Queen?

Anyway. Any thoughts on Enneatypes? My only opinions thus far are 1w9 for Oliver and potentially 1w2 for Diggle.

Secret Squirrel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oliver Queen: INTJ/ENTJ 9w8 or 8w9 (he is using his inferior functions throughout the series (Fi and Se in unhealthy ways)
Diggle: ISFJ (he honestly seems more like a feeler to me, as he always tells Oliver that is his problem(not thinking of others emotionally))
Sara(original canary): INFJ (Ni-Fe, helping her family from the outside-but secretively, patient and forgiving)
Felicity: ENTP 6w7(I thought INTP cuz of her awkwardness at first, but she has too much Fe for it to be inferior in my opinion)
Thea Queen: ENFP(could be ESFP, but she shows more intuition later on in the series(Malcolm acknowledges she has that gift of her mother))
Moira Queen: INFJ 9w1 (An Infj using her powers for bad-used her Ni-Fe for manipulation throughout the series)
Lance: ENFJ( displays a lot of Fe and even Ni later on in the series) Emotions are always on his radar( and tertiary Se with constant drug use)

Last edited by a moderator:

Secret Squirrel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Malcolm and tommy are the only ones I am not sure of, but I could see Malcolm as ENTJ

And Tommy as INFP

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oliver Queen: INTJ/ENTJ 9w8 or 8w9 (he is using his inferior functions throughout the series (Fi and Se in unhealthy ways)

Agreed, at least for the first few episodes. I just started watching this series two days ago on Netflix. I'll have to see more before I can give my opinion on the other characters.

Great show so far, though. I'm amazed at Stephen Arnell's range as an actor. There are so many different sides to the Oliver Queen character, and he plays them all so well. Wonder what his type (the actor's) would be?

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, I just finished Season One. These are just my initial impressions.

Oliver/Green Arrow - ISFP
Diggle - ISTJ
Felicity- INTP
Thea - ESFP
Laurel/Canary - ENFJ
Ray/Atom Man- ENTP
Malcolm - ENTJ
Lance - ESTJ
Damian Dark - INTJ

Disagreements?

Agree on Felicity (INTP) and Thea (ESFP). Laurel is ExFJ.

I actually think Diggle is the ESTJ and Lance is the ISTJ.

I like ENTJ for Malcolm Merlyn.

I don't see ISFP for Oliver. He's more Extraverted and Thinking, but I would agree that Se is in his functional stack. My initial impression of Oliver was ENTJ, but pitting him against Malcolm Merlyn (the more obvious ENTJ) makes Oliver seem more like an ESTP.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, I just finished Season One. These are just my initial impressions.

Agree on Felicity (INTP) and Thea (ESFP). Laurel is ExFJ.

I actually think Diggle is the ESTJ and Lance is the ISTJ.

I like ENTJ for Malcolm Merlyn.

I don't see ISFP for Oliver. He's more Extraverted and Thinking, but I would agree that Se is in his functional stack. My initial impression of Oliver was ENTJ, but pitting him against Malcolm Merlyn (the more obvious ENTJ) makes Oliver seem more like an ESTP.

I like your choices. He seems more influenced by others than running by his own internal values.

But Oliver might not be a Se dom, and just have been a rich kid going along with the crowd. His athleticism is very undeveloped when he arrived on the island.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
For felicity I'd say infj with well developed ti. The rest I'll have to think on I'm only on season 4 btw

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
She's too annoying for introvert. Prob ESFJ
Perhaps. I just doubt she's intp i am sure she is some fj with well developed ti and i feel like people are saying intp because she's a computer nerd but i could be wrong about why they're saying intp.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like your choices. He seems more influenced by others than running by his own internal values.

But Oliver might not be a Se dom, and just have been a rich kid going along with the crowd. His athleticism is very undeveloped when he arrived on the island.

Exactly. The old school Green Arrow (the one from the cartoons) was more the Se dom type, either ESFP or ESTP. This Arrow strikes me as being much more Thinking dom (Te or maybe even Ti).

My first exposure to the character was actually this clip on YouTube:

Maybe it biased my perception of Oliver, but going into the series with that clip on my mind really solidified him as a planner/strategist in my mind. It seems pretty clear that the writers were mixing some Batman elements into his character as well.

Still leaning toward ENTJ (Te-Ni-Se-Fi), but considering that he's tactical in addition to being strategic and that he does give off an SP vibe, I would also consider ISTP as a possibility.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Exactly. The old school Green Arrow (the one from the cartoons) was more the Se dom type, either ESFP or ESTP. This Arrow strikes me as being much more Thinking dom (Te or maybe even Ti).

My first exposure to the character was actually this clip on YouTube:

Maybe it biased my perception of Oliver, but going into the series with that clip on my mind really solidified him as a planner/strategist in my mind. It seems pretty clear that the writers were mixing some Batman elements into his character as well.

Still leaning toward ENTJ (Te-Ni-Se-Fi), but considering that he's tactical in addition to being strategic and that he does give off an SP vibe, I would also consider ISTP as a possibility.

I do think the xNxJ is correct, but Oliver just seems so influenced by his environment. ISTPs are just more independent.

I would say ENFJ. He has Se, but it is potential Se power not developed Se power, as it starts, until later. Likewise, he is just a pampered and indulged social animal to start, but is shaped by his father's goals and the island.

I haven't watched it in awhile, but he seems more Fe/Ti than Te/Fi. Oliver is just too influenced by others to be a ENTJ.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting [MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] . Ok, I'll think about that continuing into Season 2...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I do think the xNxJ is correct, but Oliver just seems so influenced by his environment. ISTPs are just more independent.

I would say ENFJ. He has Se, but it is potential Se power not developed Se power, as it starts, until later. Likewise, he is just a pampered and indulged social animal to start, but is shaped by his father's goals and the island.

I haven't watched it in awhile, but he seems more Fe/Ti than Te/Fi. Oliver is just too influenced by others to be a ENTJ.

this is actually the best argument for oliver's type in this thread.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say ENFJ. He has Se, but it is potential Se power not developed Se power, as it starts, until later.

Ok, so I thought about what you wrote, and doesn't this also apply to ENTJs?

Likewise, he is just a pampered and indulged social animal to start, but is shaped by his father's goals and the island.

He's also blunt and direct, or at least in what I've seen so far. Isn't Fe more about 'infecting' others with their passion and enthusiam? Oliver does that to some extent with Diggle, but the rest of the time he seems more directing (Te) and prone to making moral judgments (Fi). I'm thinking specifically of how he is with his mom and sister in that first season.

Still going with Te/Fi, but I'll keep an open mind. Off to watch more....PEACE, 'Peace!

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, so I thought about what you wrote, and doesn't this also apply to ENTJs?

He's also blunt and direct, or at least in what I've seen so far. Isn't Fe more about 'infecting' others with their passion and enthusiam? Oliver does that to some extent with Diggle, but the rest of the time he seems more directing (Te) and prone to making moral judgments (Fi). I'm thinking specifically of how he is with his mom and sister in that first season.

Still going with Te/Fi, but I'll keep an open mind. Off to watch more....PEACE, 'Peace!

Every ENTJ I know is immune to outside influence. They are very self directed and have very little worry about how they impact others. They are geniuses at making things work and people to them are mere things. Most of the time.

ENFJs are about people. They are great at directing and guiding others (the cult leader archetype). They are highly sensitive and influenced by others. External environment matters greatly to ENFJs

ENFPs infect others with their enthusiasm and goals. ENFJs are guiding and directing others "for their best interests".

ENFJs direct others using morals and values. ENTJs don't. They are often pointed and direct, if they find it in someone's best interest, as determined by the ENFJ, of course.

A ENTJ would not care that his old buddy made a death bed request to stop killing. He would continue to execute his own goals with his own methods.

To me, Oliver is either a ENFJ or a ESTP, and he just doesn't come off as ESTP.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Got back to watching the series these past few weeks.

Oliver is always trying to control the emotional environment of others, justifying his various lies based upon how truth would impact others (which gets him into trouble). He is concerned about others so much and protects them even when they do not need protecting (which also gets him into trouble). He is constantly trying to impose his will on others (again, this leads to unfortunate outcomes). And he does not know what he wants except as it pertains to others.

He is also very strategic and tactical, but utterly incompetent about business fundamentals or practical things.

He is also constantly lost from himself and struggles to even recognize the real Oliver as separate from the Arrow.

Anyway, I am more convinced of his ENFJ status. He lacks the TeFi of many of his opponents, which leaves him blind and vulnerable. And most of his failures relate to his poor Ti. His Se, while highly developed, just isn't natural enough. And it was developed unnaturally, through stress and circumstances, not because Se is is guiding principle or auxiliary.

Secret Squirrel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oliver is just too influenced by others to be a ENTJ.

I agree with this statement. However, ENFJ doesn't fit to me. He honestly seems like an INTJ to me, but every now and then something seems off. He does strategize a lot, and I feel like I see Te. It almost feels like the MBTI of the actual actor gets in the way of the character he is trying to portray. But I can't tell if that is it. I'm wondering how accurately you can even type characters like this sometimes because they are not real and just fictional. (so the functions won't always work the right way)

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with this statement. However, ENFJ doesn't fit to me. He honestly seems like an INTJ to me, but every now and then something seems off. He does strategize a lot, and I feel like I see Te. It almost feels like the MBTI of the actual actor gets in the way of the character he is trying to portray. But I can't tell if that is it. I'm wondering how accurately you can even type characters like this sometimes because they are not real and just fictional. (so the functions won't always work the right way)

Te is about utilizing objects, Fe is about interacting and utilizing people. Strategy is not inherently Fe or Te, but Ni can help provide the vision.

Oliver is very strategic and FeNi is very strategic. Malcolm, OTOH, is a complete ENTJ and never motivated by outside emotions. He uses everyone as pawns to succeed at his vision. Malcom's goals are all about him. Oliver's goals are about others.

Oliver can't even find his own core and struggles with his identity. He is higly involved in caring for the emotional condition of his family, his friends, and his city.

I think perhaps you misunderstand Te and Fe. Fe strategies tend to be about understanding people and groups more than coming up with the ideal plans using the available tools.

For ex.: A Fe using trial lawyer will focus on the people involved and the motivations of each, so that the Fe using lawyer can push and pull everyone to the desired result.

A Te using lawyer might have the personality of a wall, but will build a great mountain of evidence and procedure to reach the desired results. I know a trial lawyer just like this. ISTJ. His is a complete bulldog. He doesn't wow the jury with eloquence or emotional appeals, but attacks with detail and procedure, with almost indifference to the people involved. He is the furthest thing from a "people person." Extremely successful guy.

The strategies will be very different, but both can be successful in the proper circumstances and skill of the user.