• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJs in popular culture

socratically

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
How about Temperance Brennan from Bones? She perplexes me. My first instinct was to type her as INTJ but I feel as though she's governed by Ti, not Ni. Perhaps her use of Ti is rooted in her traumatic childhood.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but I'm fairly certain that the 12th Doctor from Doctor Who, played by Peter Capaldi, is an INTJ. I am also very convinced that the Pet Shop Boys' Neil Tennant is an INTJ. Singer St. Vincent is very likely an INTJ. I'm also not totally certain of it's validity, but an INTJ blogger has typed David Tennant as an INTJ (albeit with a high Fi bent): David Tennant: INTJ – The Book Addict's Guide to MBTI: Obviously that's debatable, but in my opinion it makes sense.

I can't really think of anyone else at the moment.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Root and Finch.

Huh. The signature. :D

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the only tv intj i can think of off-hand is rick from the walking dead.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought he was an ISFJ or TJ. Is Carol an INTJ?

my first premise is that you can only type actors/actresses, not characters. i get intj. underlying principledness, deliberation, and just to me an intj energy.

carol seems like an esfp to me. 7w6 so/sx. her age range is tougher for me, but that's my best guess. big wrinkly affect-creased face (and i mean that in a good way).

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Good Lord no I do not wish I were INTJ. I am ENTJ. I am envious only of more successful ENTJ's.

I'd say my favorite INTJ is Sigma from the zero escape series. ( Yah I know someone said "No characters" but the first post was ONLY characters.)

Boelthorn

MBTI Type
ENTJ
While i would say that Sheldon looks like a textbook INTP and his behaviour indicates that really strong, if he has Asperger Syndrom or is somewhere else on the spectrum he could be INTJ. People with Asperger can somtimes look like TI-User and Si-user even if they aren't.

Finch from POI is an INTJ. Root is not, not at all. I can't decide if she is either ENTP or ENTJ. "Hiw badly did you have to break it to make it care about people so much" sounds a little bit like something an inf. fi would say. Not what an tertiary Fi would say. INTJs aren't as cold as they often appear.

Gandalf is an INFJ. He is quite the INFJ stereotype.

Sauron is an ENTJ. I am not saying that all INTJs are frail, but when a guy smashes a gigantzic hammer in faces of people to send them flying, tertiary se is more likely then inferir se. And he didn't have a plan form the beginning. And I am not saying that INTJs can't be charming, but in his eraly days Sauron was very charismatic and use this to his advantage. This seems more directly out of the ENTJ than the INTJ playbook. I am mean, come on. He is an tyrannical evil overlord in thick armor. That is an ENTJ cliche.

When it comes to INTJs in pop culutre, i think ENTJ and INTJ get mixed up a lot. No, not all Es are unreflective and impulsive. No, not every cool character is an INTJ. When it comes to comes to spotting the differences betwenn NTJs I would focus on Se and Fi, since the first two functions are used whith each other anywas.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Mycroft from Sherlock Holmes is ENTJ.

BBC's Sherlock is without a shadow of doubt, an INTJ. I have never enjoyed a whodunit deduction process as much as Sherlock's intuitive drive, the way he connects the dots between complex patterns, put them in a long term plan prodding at all consequences and probabilities, and concots the final recipe taking into account the smell, the touch, the color, the appearance and a plethora of complex details. You can't surprise/impress him, and if you do, he's almost surprised/impressed, but not quite.