• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Office Space

redacted

peter - INFP
michael bolton - INTP (i only say N because of his explanation for his programming mistake)
samir - ISTJ
weird stapler dude - INTJ (+aspergers)
lumberg - ESTJ?
jennifer aniston's character - ESFJ?

Last edited by a moderator:

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that sounds about right. not sure about jennifer aniston's character though, but also not sure what I'd use in place...

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
peter - INFP
michael bolton - INTP (i only say N because of his explanation for his programming mistake)
samir - ISTJ
weird stapler dude - INTJ (+aspergers)
lumberg - ESTJ?
jennifer aniston's character - ESFJ?

Main character guy: I_TP? (this one's a wild guess, I'll have to watch this movie again) do think there was a demonic Fi moment: "Initech is the root of all evil" or "Oh yeah, well at least I didn't fuck Lumberg"

Michael Bolton: _NTJ, probably ENTJ (much more sure of this one) And I think there was a tertiary Se moment when he' he's listening to rap in traffic but rolls up his window and and turns the music down when some black guy selling flowers walks by.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Peter's an NT who starts acting like an SP when his office reaches the inefficiency breaking point.

The mustached Bob is an SP. I've lost count of how many times I've repeated the line "What would ya say....ya DO here?" :D

redacted

Main character guy: I_TP? (this one's a wild guess, I'll have to watch this movie again) do think there was a demonic Fi moment: "Initech is the root of all evil" or "Oh yeah, well at least I didn't fuck Lumberg"

he's an Fi dom.... the whole movie is about his existential crisis. not much of an ITP thing...

what does demonic Fi even mean? i don't know any ITPs that use the words "good" and "bad" so much..

Michael Bolton: _NTJ, probably ENTJ (much more sure of this one) And I think there was a tertiary Se moment when he' he's listening to rap in traffic but rolls up his window and and turns the music down when some black guy selling flowers walks by.

you think an ITP couldn't sing along with rap??? that's too strict... i could see NTJ, but that reasoning doesn't work for me.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
he's an Fi dom.... the whole movie is about his existential crisis. not much of an ITP thing...

what does demonic Fi even mean? i don't know any ITPs that use the words "good" and "bad" so much..

you think an ITP couldn't sing along with rap??? that's too strict... i could see NTJ, but that reasoning doesn't work for me.

Yeah, I just watched it again ad now I have no idea about Michael.

But I'm pretty sure the guy who gets hit by the truck is an EN_P.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That would be the eighth function of eight function theory, in which the ITP, under stress will think in terms of "good and bad".

redacted

Yeah, I just watched it again ad now I have no idea about Michael.

But I'm pretty sure the guy who gets hit by the truck is an EN_P.

i agree with the truck dude. i'm leaning towards ENTP.

and yeah michael is pretty hard to type -- i don't know that there's enough information in the movie to make a definite conclusion. he seemed more Ti than Te to me, though -- he's not much of an implementer (for lack of a better word). i was pretty sure about ITP, and i figured N over S because he said something like "i always miss some minute detail, like a decimal point in the wrong place".

mostly, though, i'm pretty damn sure about peter being INFP.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
lololol- "I deal with people. I have good people skills! What the hell is wrong with you people?"

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lololol- "I deal with people. I have good people skills! What the hell is wrong with you people?"

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

I know this movie by heart. Great film.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not sure what type Peter is, because you have to ask "Is the old Peter the real him, or is the new Peter?" I think he's some type of NP though. My wife and I like to joke how much he's like me, since he tells the consultants exactly what he thinks, and if I had a million dollars I wouldn't do anything either. :)

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Peter Gibbons (Office Space)

How do you type this fabulous character?

peter+gibbons.jpg

I've seen somewhere on the web he is typed intp, entp or even infp.
What do you think? Thanks.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't actually see him as an N. Not sure on the E/I. Seems fairly T to me? I guess? And definitely P. Like, a caricature of P.

So, I guess I'd say xSTP? I don't know. He's not extremely well-drawn as a character, it's just not that kind of a movie.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: my first thought was ISxP...

... my second thought was "he's cute!" :cheese:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think he's adorable. I was hoping Carrie Bradshaw would end up with him.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
I'm surprised all of you think he is a Sensor.
I see a very strong NP behaviour. Undecided only in E/I and F/T...

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
what evidence do you see for N?