• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bones

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
A friend tricked me into watching a few episodes of the show, so I'll chime in.

Bones herself strongly fits a textbook MBTI definition of a sensor. She lives and thrives in the world of what are (at least in her view) objective facts. She doesn't put up with much nuance or unfounded speculation. As a rule she sticks to things as they are. While one may argue that this comes from her scientific background, the behavior is prototypical S.

Given this noticeable S, I would propose that the character leads with her S function, suggesting either IS_J or ES_P. Of those two, I feel that IS_J is considerably more reasonable because she has shown to not be inherently "experience seeking" as one may expect from one leading with Se and because she deals heavily with the past both as her occupation and in her occupation. (the latter by connecting details she recalls from previous instances, suggesting an Si-like memory)

From there, it's ISTJ or ISFJ. She seeks to deal with the world objectively (from a standpoint of definitions, T>F) and with strong regards to empiricism. (Te>Ti)

While she does not always appear to meet the often negative SJ stereotype, Bones fits the ISTJ profile almost perfectly.

Because I'm lazy, I'm just throwing out ExFJ for Booth. Strong focus on people and drawing out emotions.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Isn't that just because he's trained to do so? I always figured him for a Sensor, because he always seems so grounded and aware.

In those shrink episodes after the clown incident, he got really confused when the shrink tried to make him see his own and his family's behaviour patterns. Tbh I don't really think an NF would object so blatantly to navel-gazing.

It's possible he's S. That would make him ESFP then. Hard call. The objections could be just because the culture trains him that introspection such as that isn't masculine somehow. He seems to have a need to prove his masculinity, what with the "cocky" belt buckles and all.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
Booth- esfj or estj
Angela-enfp
Hodgins-infj
Zack-intp

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
i always thought of Booth as an ENFJ and Brennan as INTJ/ISTJ.

I think Angela is an ESFP.

I think i agree with Angela-esfp. at first, i thought she was an enfp, until, she said she lives in the moment. it was the eposide where Roxie breaks up with her. esfps lives in the moment, a lot.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
What type do you think minor character Clark Edison is?
I think INTJ

290px-Clark_Edison.jpg

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Booth can't be a sensor, the entire first season of the show develop's his character and his ability to unconciously and intuitively read people they are interviewing or questioning. Aside from authority the only real unique ability he brings to the table is his ability to see beneath the surface when dealing with people. I would say he is quite intuitive...

I think some of us are making the classic mistake and are mistaking intelligence of N/S, Bones shows many classic signs of being a strong sensor. She doesn't trust her instincts, she bases all conclusions on cold hard facts and misses many jokes other character's make because she is stuck on what people are saying and not on what they mean.

I agree with Angela being ESFP and Zack being INTP though.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bones- INTP (not ENTP -- her Ne actually appears to be unnaturally weak; she seems to run on a weird Ti-Si loop).
Booth- ESFJ
Hodgins- ENTP
Angela- ESTP (ST rather than N or F -- her sexuality is just Se at work, and she appears deductive rather than intuitive).
Zack- INTP

Booth can't be a sensor, the entire first season of the show develop's his character and his ability to unconciously and intuitively read people they are interviewing or questioning. Aside from authority the only real unique ability he brings to the table is his ability to see beneath the surface when dealing with people.
That's called Fe.

I think some of us are making the classic mistake and are mistaking intelligence of N/S, Bones shows many classic signs of being a strong sensor. She doesn't trust her instincts, she bases all conclusions on cold hard facts and misses many jokes other character's make because she is stuck on what people are saying and not on what they mean.
I actually agree with this, but I still think she's an N. She's strongly Ti rather than Te, and she seems Si rather than Se.

MBTI Type
INFj
* BONES Characters

One of the reasons I like this show is its great characters. Let's get started with the typing.

Brennan: EST? - I was about to type her as an introvert because she lives a bit like a loner, but thee way she says what she's thinking all thee time, and how she seems so comfortable in social situations despite her social awkwardness, makes me think she's an extrovert. I'm pretty sure she's a sensor because of her attention to detail and how she is very concrete in her thinking. The T is probably the most obvious. The last one is a bit of a guess because I'm having a hard time remembering examples that point to either J or P.

Booth: ENFP - He's an extrovert for sure. He's a social guy. I'm typing him as an intuitive mostly because of the way he makes intuitive leaps, and the way he makes up "stories" about how he thinks the murder happened. It's a little hard to tell if he's an F or a T because he's on the job for much of the show, but if you look at his life I see more of an F leaning. And then P because of the way he continues searching for things instead of making up his mind completely.

Sweets: INFJ

Cam: ESTJ

Hodgins: E?TP

Angela: ESFP

Zack: I?TP (with Aspergers)

Those are my guesses. Your turn. :)

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Angela have always glowed ENFP to me. She strikes me as more whimsical. But she could be ESFP, I suppose. Her high empathy, her sensitivity, high idealism, her dreams all points to ENFP. ESFPs are more grounded and down-to-earth than she is.

I couldn't type Booth for the longest time. I think he's more ENFJ than ENFP. But he is so self-contained and controlled, doesn't seem to lead with Fe. But he is quite sentimental, maybe he's just very masculine.

I agree about Cam. Sweets...could be INFP?

Hodgins - ENTP all over.
Zack - INTP all over.

Brennan is a tough one. She is much more verbal and aggressive than ISTJs I know. I have always thought she is INTJ. She has all the personality traits, arrogant, highly competent, completely rational, do not get 'humans' at all.

If Brennan is INTJ and Angela is ENFP, they fit very well together. When I type, I also use the socionics relations theory. I find them to be very, very accurate. And I have used the relations system for a few years now.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Brennan is an INTJ, ISTJ, or INTP. Extrovert is not likely for her, can't see her being a ESTP at ALL!

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I agree with that typing of Bones, Hodgins and Zack, am undecided on Booth and think Angela is an ENFP. She's far too inclined to seek out emotional connection and put herself to ethical causes, like that thing with the pig that Bones couldn't understand.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bones - IxTJ, probably INTJ
Booth - ESFJ
Hodgins - ENTP
Angela - ENFP
Zack - INTP
Cam - ENTJ
Sweets - INFP

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bones- INTP (not ENTP -- her Ne actually appears to be unnaturally weak; she seems to run on a weird Ti-Si loop).

I actually agree with this, but I still think she's an N. She's strongly Ti rather than Te, and she seems Si rather than Se.

I can see how she might be a Ti-Si INTP, the actress who plays her said Bones might have Asperger's syndrome which could effect her type too, like being very literal and missing sarcasm.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bones - 5w6 RCOEI
Booth - 2w3 SCOAN
Hodgins - 9w8 SCUAI
Angela - 4w3 SLUAI
Zack - 5w6 RCOEI
Cam - 8w7 SCOEN
Sweets - 5w4 SCOAI

Aspie aspiring

I've just started watching the series and enjoying the character of Temperance Brennan immensely, primarily because I see so much of her in myself. It's hard to say what she is, because, to my mind, she's pretty Asperger's. Booth is an ESFJ, Angela an ESFP, I think, and I don't know about the rest.

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Been watching DVDs of this series lately, and for fun trying spot cognitive functions/types in the characters. Not even close to everyone, but a few seem relatively clear to me:

Bones: ISTJ (the only question I have is would Si-dom yield the kind of attention to physical detail she shows? I don't know a whole lot about Si as a dom function))

Booth: ESFJ (initially thought maybe ISFJ but I really think he's a Fe-dom/Ti-inf)

Note: the confusion I have about the above guesses is that I associate Se with the kinds of physicality both Bones and Both seem to display, but Se-dom or aux doesn''t work for other reasons for either of them)

Angela: ISFP (so obviously a Fi-dom in my eyes, her value system is incredibly crucial/central for her and Se-aux for her makes sense as well)

I'm clueless about the rest of the characters.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Been watching DVDs of this series lately, and for fun trying spot cognitive functions/types in the characters. Not even close to everyone, but a few seem relatively clear to me:

Bones: ISTJ (the only question I have is would Si-dom yield the kind of attention to physical detail she shows? I don't know a whole lot about Si as a dom function))

Booth: ESFJ (initially thought maybe ISFJ but I really think he's a Fe-dom/Ti-inf)

Note: the confusion I have about the above guesses is that I associate Se with the kinds of physicality both Bones and Both seem to display, but Se-dom or aux doesn''t work for other reasons for either of them)

Angela: ISFP (so obviously a Fi-dom in my eyes, her value system is incredibly crucial/central for her and Se-aux for her makes sense as well)

I'm clueless about the rest of the characters.

No. Angela is such an NF that its ridiculous